The Other Dude

So what do you guys think about your new Jet9's?

What do you think about the new Jet9's? I am considering either a new Jet or RIP, but leaning more towards at Jet at the moment since i am currently riding hardtails for xc, but i want something with some cush. But availability may be an issue, not sure if the Jets are available yet, last time I checked they werent, but the RIP's were(also fork avail...going with a tapered reba, 100mm or 120mm, possibly xx). Looking to make a decision in a week or two. I used to own a 1st generation Jet, and i loved it, but i would be apposed to having something with even more cush and a bit slacker, but i did love the way the Jet climbed, it was one of the best f/s climbing bikes i have ever owned.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Space Ghost
    I think you all ready know the answer. If the Jet was available now, would you go that route? It sounds like it. Good luck.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

Carbon & Ti rule
    You will love the new jet it is a great bike & is much better than the old 1.

mtbr member
    love it... if you ride mostly "normal" to aggressive cross country, I question going to the rip.... Ithe Jet is cush while climbing great, decending great.... .. I think a RIP would feel too slow for me... esp after coming off of hardtail for the last 8 months, the Jet can feel less responsive than I like, but it crushes technical sections, esp. tech climbs despite it weighing a good 4 lbs more than my fully rigid singlespeed... If you are more focused on downhill and dont every race endurance, cross country, etc, then maybe look at the RIP..... Just my 2 cents...... Love the new Jet thus far, although I have ridden it only a handful of times... gets better every ride...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Just a note

1st up I think the Jet9 should have been called a Rocket.

1 thing I must say if you were to go through the same trail at the same speed on the Rip9 it will feel slower than on the Jet9.

That is what makes you a better rider on the Rip9,You just always feel like it can handle more so you just keep pushing yourself more & more & in turn you get braver & braver.

If you are not the sort of rider that likes to push the limit more & more each time you go out,Just buy the Jet9 because it will reward your fitness were as the Rip9 will reward your B@LLS

The Other Dude
    I have a hardtail 29er that i am using now for racing, so i dont plan on buying this bike as a race bike. So i am more or less trying to decide whether i should go for the Jet and have a full sus bike that keeps the racey feel, or if i should go rip, and get something completely different. I dont think i can make a bad choice, but i know if i get on the RIP and it feels sluggish, it will sit in the garage way too much while my ht sees all the fun. I have yet to hear anyone refer to the rip as "sluggish" though, that is why i havent counted it out.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net