Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Show your SIR 9's!

296K views 570 replies 211 participants last post by  offrhodes42 
#1 · (Edited)
There are a few SIR 9's separately around the forum, but I seek a big heap of photos and spec talk around this most desirable piece of metal. Hope I get some company.

I'll start off with my own: a 2008 SIR 9 , large, color tang. Wheels are Chris King hubs built with Mavic TN719 and some Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2,25", the rest is stuff like XTR pedals on Middleburn cranks, Avid Juicy 7 brakes, Thomson/ RaceFace controls on King headset, WTB saddle on Thomson post. Oh, and sorry about the duct tape on the seatpost to all you eagle-eyed connoiseurs. It's handy, if not beautiful.

Weight is somewhere around 10,2 kg (22,5lbs).

Attachments

See less See more
#291 ·
I am sure he was just ridin' along.
Seriously though, I have a green SIR9 also, so I hope this is not an epidemic issue with the green ones.
O.k., I guess that wasn't serious...but I seriously do want to know the back story, so fill us in... [said in a whisper] just don't give any information that may void your warranty. ;)

#292 ·
To be quite honest I'm really not sure. A couple weeks ago I rode it around the neighborhood, cranked on it pretty hard, was in the garage a few days ago and noticed a black line in the drop out. Needless to say that crack is the black line spread out. I do weigh 230 so that probably doesn't help things! Oh well!

#296 ·
Is this the new version with the wider rear triangle?? Just wondering if that engineering change had something to do with it. I had a first and still have a 2nd gen Sir and have followed Sirs on the forum for years and this is the first like this I have seen and since you know of 2, I am thinking it is an issue with the new design.

#298 ·
shoutouts from down here in melbourne australia.

First run on new steed, bent chain ring after two bolts dropped out....

specs,

raceface evolve crankset
blackspire nuvi 32t chainring
cogalisious 20t rear
cobalt 2 wheels
formula rx brakes
reba fork 100mm
charge spoon saddle
raceface 130mm stem
origin8 25degree carbon bar
USE sumo titanium stem
tubeless ardent/crossmark combo

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

#313 ·
Sir 9 Transformed

Hello Sir's. Here is my revision of my sir 9. Started off with a godzilla green fork and white wheels back in the day and slowly transformed to this brown and black beauty, now I can rest easy not worrying about getting it where I new it could be.

Matching rootbeer frame and fork
niner alu bars
thomson post and stem
ztr race gold
ignitor fr crossmark rr but on order ignitor rr ardent 2.4 front
stylo oct with carbon bash
gobi xm saddle
elixer cr
esi chunky

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

#314 ·
Hello Sir's. Here is my revision of my sir 9. Started off with a godzilla green fork and white wheels back in the day and slowly transformed to this brown and black beauty, now I can rest easy not worrying about getting it where I new it could be.

Matching rootbeer frame and fork
niner alu bars
thomson post and stem
ztr race gold
ignitor fr crossmark rr but on order ignitor rr ardent 2.4 front
stylo oct with carbon bash
gobi xm saddle
elixer cr
esi chunky
That is a beautiful bike Sir! I may be biased (as a Rootbeer SIR9 owner - see pic). What amazes me is the Rootbeer Niner fork - I have always looked out for one of those, but never seen one before today. Did you have this painted yourself?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.