Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Is the Sir 9 discontinued?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammieandkrisbey View Post
    Is the Sir 9 discontinued?
    Good luck getting a straight answer, though they are moderator of this forum the Niner mods seem to rarely reply to anything here. Supposedly on their facebook page they said the SIR9 was "on hiatus". Their actual webpage says shit. They have their head solidly up their ass. Have read the ROS9 was discontinued, but again nothing solid from Niner, third hand info.
    ROS9+ SS
    ROS9 SS
    GT Peace 9R SS

.RJ
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Been riding this one a few months now... has been super nice, 120mm Fox 32 & XT 1x11.

I've moved the wheels on to another bike, and considering building up a 27.5+ wheelset for it, thinking Easton Arc plus (35) rims & WTB Ranger 2.8" tires - any reason to believe the chain wont clear the larger tire with the 1x11 setup?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your SIR 9's!-i-j4n3g3m.jpg  

mtbr member

SIR9 @ Granite Bay

Show your SIR 9's!-img_1205.jpg

Show your SIR 9's!-img_1197.jpg
    Last edited by patski; 05-15-2017 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socal_jack View Post
    Good luck getting a straight answer, though they are moderator of this forum the Niner mods seem to rarely reply to anything here. Supposedly on their facebook page they said the SIR9 was "on hiatus". Their actual webpage says shit. They have their head solidly up their ass. Have read the ROS9 was discontinued, but again nothing solid from Niner, third hand info.
    Site now says returning in June 2017 if you were not aware.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offrhodes42 View Post
    Getting boosted probably...

Name:  cRxuiGE.png
Views: 309
Size:  24.9 KB

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Finally figured out a solution for the seat tube bottle cage issue. Niner has the mounts so high, I can barely squeeze my bottle in there. Purchased the Wolftooth B-Rad 2, which lowers it enough to be actually functional.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offrhodes42 View Post
    Yeah wrote that reply a few days before they updated, maybe they read that
    ROS9+ SS
    ROS9 SS
    GT Peace 9R SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've had this one since 2010. It was originally a root beer color frame, but I had it custom powder coated white. I've seen a lot of these 1st gen SIR9's break at the rear dropout. I use a 135x10mm thru axle in my rear hub, and I think it helps stiffen up the rear and might help prevent breakage.

I used to really like the handling of this bike, but after getting used to my FS bike, which has the modern longer, slacker geometry, my SIR9 now feels kind of twitchy and unstable. I just put a big 29x2.6 Nobby Nic on the front to slacken it a hair and add some more plushness up front.

I've got some nice parts on it:
    Fox Terralogic fork
    Roval carbon Fattie SL wheels (30mm internal width).
    Niner carbon bars and seatpost.
    XO cranks
    XT brakes
    Upgraded to EBB2

I'd really like to put a dropper post on it, but I don't want to spend much more money on the bike at this point.

The new SIR9 geometry looks like a nice update. But with all the new standards I'd also need at least a new fork, new wheels, new seatpost, and new crankset and bottom bracket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your SIR 9's!-sir9-nobby-nic.jpg  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456