Thread: Ros 9 reports

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Ros 9 reports

Hey, has anyone ridden this bike? I'm contemplating a SS version.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Bump, anyone??? I know the Niner guys monitor this thread. A little background. I'm currently riding a solo, 2X10, came off a giant talon. Overall, I like the 650 wheel, and the bike works well. I think the 29er wheel works better/faster at Granite Bay, and the ss would be for training. Just want to hear how the long travel (29er)/slack headtube angle/short(er) chain stay would work.

I get they don't anticipate selling a lot of these bikes as they are nitche.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I rode one and liked it. I don't think its the best bike for everyone but its certainly a fun bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleForScience View Post
    I rode one and liked it. I don't think its the best bike for everyone but its certainly a fun bike!
    Cool, what did you like, what did you dislike. I'm looking for more than the bike is rad, or it sucks. Thx.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yzfrider View Post
    Hey, has anyone ridden this bike? I'm contemplating a SS version.
    yzfrider,

This bike is getting great reviews, but the below translated quote is probably my favorite.

Hello Brett,

You will find joined,the test of a ROS9 made by the mag Mountainbike+

"In the top ten of all the bikes that we ever had the opportunity to test"

https://s3.amazonaws.com/NinerReview...inbikeplus.pdf

More comprehensive reviews can be found under the reviews tab of the ROS9 page.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Space Ghost
    I have had mine for about 300 miles now. I have had a fairly large collection of 29ers over the last 8 or so years. My first was a SS Voodoo Dambala. That was the virus that caused my current condition. I have had a number of SS HT's. I prefer steel and up until now preferred sliders. My last SS was a gen 1 CB Nimble9. Loved the geo and capability of the bike with a 120mm fork. As most bike whores do, I sold it. Mistake. Didn't like the new N9 as much, and didn't care for the Honzo. Wasn't keen on the Bio2, but gave it a shot. Bike has a 130mm Revelation, 60mm stem, 30" bars, and is set up SS. I love the bike. The fit, the ride, the looks, and yes, even the Bio2 (now that I set it up right). The handling is great. Doesn't wander on climbs and is very stable on the drops. I was a little concerned about the head tube length, but it is a non factor. I am 6' and ride a Lg. Is it all peaches and cream? No. It is a heavy frame. 7 lbs with Bio, Maxle and such. I don't care though because it is not a XC race bike. The ride is less compliant than the nimble9, but the bike is more laterally stiff. I prefer the more stiff frame. The bike evokes confidence and can inspire you to do stupid things. I ride all the same trails I ride on my RIP9. For me, it fits the bill for what I am looking for. I couldn't demo one, and I knew what I was getting into. If you know what it offers going in, you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Coach417; 06-25-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    "No good deed goes unpunished"