Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Why do I now keep hearing Brad Pitt talking about "buying a caravan for his ma"?
    That's so she can take the kids away & baby sit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Why do I now keep hearing Brad Pitt talking about "buying a caravan for his ma"?
    Snatch. Great flick! I actually saw it in the theaters in Madrid and had to read the spanish subtitles to understand some of the accents in the movie.... and I am a native english (american) speaker.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    We watched sexy beast with the subtitles on. Better than snatch.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Is anyone running a 35mm length stem on their Rip9? If so, what are your impessions and what bar length are you running?

mtbr member

The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling In Peace View Post
    Is anyone running a 35mm length stem on their Rip9? If so, what are your impessions and what bar length are you running?
    I'm running a 150mm Pike and 780mm Atlas bars with a 35mm stem. The front end is a little lofty, but I feel like that's a good thing where I ride.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Here she is

Got it today. XT build.The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-img_2836.jpgThe RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-img_2837.jpgThe RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-img_2838.jpgThe RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-img_2841.jpgThe RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-img_2842.jpg

I eat cats
    ^ Nice! I like the green. Congrats, you're gonna have a blast on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by brainzito View Post
    Got it today. XT build.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2836.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	878020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2837.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	878021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2838.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	878022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2841.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	878023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2842.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	878024
    No you won't like that at all, Please just send it to me, So I can have 2 green Rip9's & a Blue 1

They are great bikes, Please put a shorter stem & a Dropper seat post on it before you send it to me.

Dave
    Nice build. I have a green one too, these babies rip. I had a blast on my week old RIP on National and Mormon last night on SoMo. Jumps so nice with such a soft landing. I have racing ralphs from new and now I dont like them on chucky rock they feel too soft (maybe the high thread count) and very little side grip. On soil they are probably fine. Back to Nevegal's for me, maybe the Nobby Nic should get a try though.
    Last edited by liteandfast; 03-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    I need to ride more and work less.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast View Post
    Nice build. I have a green one too, these babies rip. I had a blast on my week old RIP on National and Mormon last night on SoMo. Jumps so nice with such a soft landing. I have Racing Ralphs and I dont like them on chucky rock they feel too soft (maybe the high thread count) and very little side grip. On soil they are probably fine. Back to Rampage's for me, maybe the Nobby Nic should get a try.
    I have a set of RR for mine to & they just are not up to the job, I do quite like the 2.35 Hans Dumpf front & 2.35 Nobby Nic on the rear I have for it also.

I also tried the 2.25 Nobby Nic on the rear but found that I can load up the rear of the bike so much under hard cornering that the lighter side wall made it fell like I had a flat tire & I had to run a lot higher pressure in it than the 2.35

mtbr member

Running Chunky Monkey front and rear on my RIP. Doesn't roll awesomely, but it's Velcro on the trails.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Looks great! Funny, I thought I was the only one who Armor All'd the tires and waxed the frame.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I have a set of RR for mine to & they just are not up to the job, I do quite like the 2.35 Hans Dumpf front & 2.35 Nobby Nic on the rear I have for it also.

I also tried the 2.25 Nobby Nic on the rear but found that I can load up the rear of the bike so much under hard cornering that the lighter side wall made it fell like I had a flat tire & I had to run a lot higher pressure in it than the 2.35
    Yeah I ran higher pressure last night, way more than normal. 10+psi higher. At this pressure though I lose traction in soft decomposed granit that we have in AZ. I should have had the bike shop swap them out before I used the RR. Oh well.

I eat cats

Aha!!! I am running Nobby Nics with a 2.35 front and 2.25 rear and I was wondering why I keep checking my rear while I'm riding. If I am on a chunky climb I sometimes get an "oh ****" feeling then when I look down/back at it I see it's fine. The rear is wearing out pretty quickly so I will prob replace it sooner than later but not sure with what yet.
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No you won't like that at all, Please just send it to me, So I can have 2 green Rip9's & a Blue 1

They are great bikes, Please put a shorter stem & a Dropper seat post on it before you send it to me.
    Funny you say that, I actually thought of a shorter stem, maybe 80mm, no dropper post. around here its pretty flat, so...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Funny you say that, I actually thought of a shorter stem, maybe 80mm, no dropper post. around here its pretty flat, so...
    I'm 6 foot, Ride a Large frame & run a 50mm stem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm 6 foot, Ride a Large frame & run a 50mm stem.
    Same height here. Never ridden such a short stem

I eat cats
    I'm 5'11" on a medium running a 70mm stem

Dave

Nevegal by Kenda

I used to run these on my Pivot429 and the new steed RIP9 came with RR. They felt too soft and not enough grip for my taste of trail. So back to my regular tire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-new-nevegals-1.jpg  

The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-new-nevegals-2.jpg  

The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-new-nevegals-3.jpg  

mtbr member

Will my 2x (converted to 1x) XT crankset from my Jet 9 RDO transfer over to a RIP 9 RDO without any issues?

I eat cats
    Quote Originally Posted by quote View Post
    Will my 2x (converted to 1x) XT crankset from my Jet 9 RDO transfer over to a RIP 9 RDO without any issues?
    I would assume so given it can take a 2x to begin with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Does the alloy xt build revelation have black or gold fork stansions? Anyone have a weight on the alloy xt build in size med?
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    Does the alloy xt build revelation have black or gold fork stansions? Anyone have a weight on the alloy xt build in size med?
    I purchased a medium XT build in September of 2013. The revelation in the box had black stansions with white sag indicator markings. I upgraded the fork to the Pike 140 and never installed the revelation. The bike fully built with Shimano M520L pedals and green slime in the tubes (a bit too much I may add) weighed about 30 lbs on my bathroom scale. My thinking on this is the 4lbs+ my own weight varies from morning till night is greater than the margin of error from my scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The RIP9 Setup Thread (all years, forever and ever)-rip9_pike_01.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Is anyone running Easton Havoc 35 carbon bars? I'm currently running the 31.8 version but I think I'm going to switch these to another bike and was thinking of running 35 bars instead

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Same height here. Never ridden such a short stem
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I'm 5'11" on a medium running a 70mm stem
    You guys should try running wide bars with a short stem. I am running 750mm bars with a 50mm stem on a medium frame and really like the setup. It make the bike very lively and flickable

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast