Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RIP9 ROD - blue or black?

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  mychikine 
#1 ·
I know this is a matter of personal taste, but to those of you who have seen both colors in person and preferably out on the trail, which would you get? I'm about to upgrade from my Raw Alloy RIP9 to the RIP RDO. I was dreaming of getting it in black, but it turns out I can get a significantly better deal on a blue one. So, for people who have seen both, given the choice, would you go blue again or go black (assuming you could have only one). I'm a little concerned about the blue being too easy to spot during races making it easier for competitors to keep track of me if I'm doing well. I saw the blue in the store - it is beautiful, but BRIGHT! I haven't been able to see the black.

For those of you with the blue, have you ever wished you had gotten the black instead (whether that choice was available at the time or not)?

Thanks ahead for your opinions.
Albert

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#2 ·
Since you're talking looks...
I have the blue and my friend has the black. I personally like the blue as it is striking! The black shows dust real easily and like a black car... it looks awesome when clean and really shows dirt when even slightly dirty... and since washing your bike often isnt that great of an idea, i went for blue.

#7 ·
Thanks guys! I found out that it would be at least a month before I could get the black, even if I went outside of my local shop...so I pulled the trigger on the blue one that my local shop has in the store. We are making a few component changes to it, but I should have it by next weekend (the 14th).
So it looks like I will be getting the best of all worlds - a great deal, a local shop, minimal wait time, AND the BLUE! :cool:

I also realized that sticking out and being easy to find during a race is not as big of a deal in mountain bike racing since there aren't the same pack dynamics, attacks, etc as there are in road racing. On the trail, you are either fast enough to be near the top or your not. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.