Thread: RIP 9 for 5.2?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

RIP 9 for 5.2?

I am in the market to get my wife a new 29er she already has an EMD in XS ands loves it. We are looking to ditch her Special ed Myka FS for a RIP 9 but she is only 5.2 :-(

She demoed a small Superlight 29er and it fit well and we were told she could have even stepped up to a med! But after looking at the specs between the RIP and the Superlight it looks like she could maybe fit on a RIP this is what she really wants.

The problem is my local shop doesn't stock them and doesn't want to order it and us not buy it just for her to see if it fits and the second closest dealer is 6 hours away!
    2014 Kona Process 111
    2012 Salsa Fargo 2
    2013 Kona Honzo
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi

Carbon & Ti rule
    My wife is 5'2 & rides a small Jet9 RDO & likes the fit, so I'm sure the small Rip9 will fit her just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonj2w1 View Post
    I am in the market to get my wife a new 29er she already has an EMD in XS ands loves it. We are looking to ditch her Special ed Myka FS for a RIP 9 but she is only 5.2 :-(

She demoed a small Superlight 29er and it fit well and we were told she could have even stepped up to a med! But after looking at the specs between the RIP and the Superlight it looks like she could maybe fit on a RIP this is what she really wants.

The problem is my local shop doesn't stock them and doesn't want to order it and us not buy it just for her to see if it fits and the second closest dealer is 6 hours away!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ok cool thanks for the info, I would think so considering the RIP has only a 1/2 longer toptube and a 1/2 less standover. She is just starting to ride fairly aggresive and it would be nice to see her on something better suited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    My wife is 5'2 & rides a small Jet9 RDO & likes the fit, so I'm sure the small Rip9 will fit her just fine.
    2014 Kona Process 111
    2012 Salsa Fargo 2
    2013 Kona Honzo
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi