Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Replacing drive sold screw pivot on drive side?

I'm going to replace the drive side bolt thingabopper on the driveside. When I try to unscrew it the other screw on the non drive just loosens leaving the drive side the same...no movement. Does it need to be pressed out? How have you got them out?

Thx,

Jay

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Oh man, can you be at least a little more specific? Lets start with a model and maybe the color just for fun. I've worked on most generations of Niner frames and they are pretty straight forward. I'm sure we can get you sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Basically how to get the lower bolt out of the lower link? It spins and loosens the red bolt on the non drive side when I put a hex wrench on it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Its a thru bolt. Put a wrench on both sides and take the non drive side bolt out. Now put a steel bolt in that spot. I think its a metric m10x1 but you can take the small red bolt to the store to make sure. Now tap the bolt out using the steel bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.