Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RDO pics!

Dirty South Underdog

RDO pics!

A little Memphis bling for you:

More photos/specs on the blog: brickhouseracing » RDO- Almost…
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Man, if I ever get into XC riding it would be a tough call between the RDO and an A9 Carbon! They are both super sexy bikes in tang!
    05 Spesh Rockhopper

mtbr member
    All three color schemes are sweet. I'd have to go black and tang being a San Francisco Giants fan but man the licorice is one mean lookin' machine, nice!

I'm signed up to test the regular Jet 9 at a Niner demo event tomorrow, hope there's an RDO to give a Wayne and Garth not worthy salute to!

mtbr member
    That is one super sexy bike!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138 View Post
    A little Memphis bling for you:

More photos/specs on the blog: brickhouseracing » RDO- Almost…
    Nice bike & the gold sets it off nice, I hope you are going to put a Gols KMC chain on it.
    I have a 6 Berth camper van that I rent out . It is based in Tauranga, New Zealand

Carbon & Ti rule
    I will add my wifes bike to this & will put mine up in the next hour or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-img_4833.jpg  

Last edited by muzzanic; 08-28-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    I have a 6 Berth camper van that I rent out . It is based in Tauranga, New Zealand

Carbon & Ti rule
    This is my bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-bikebits-1152.jpg  

Dirty South Underdog
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic
    Nice bike & the gold sets it off nice, I hope you are going to put a Gols KMC chain on it.
    Of course

mtbr member

Seatpost cable routing is external :-(

I thought there is a provisioning for routing the seatpost cable internally
    Have a tang frame on order and was thinking on getting a susser seatpost. It looks like I'll be getting the one w/o remote lever. I am sorry but the tie wraps are intrusive to the naked eye.
    Other than that, bike is totally gorgeous
    No dear, it is not dangerous ...

Dirty South Underdog
    That's just me using the seatpost clamp bolt as a holder for my loose front derailleur cable. It routes through the frame and out from under the BB shell.

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138 View Post
    That's just me using the seatpost clamp bolt as a holder for my loose front derailleur cable. It routes through the frame and out from under the BB shell.
    I think he was referring to Muzz's RDO.

All great looking bikes...especially digging yours Andrea. I don't think I would change a thing on that build.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronunu View Post
    I thought there is a provisioning for routing the seatpost cable internally
    Have a tang frame on order and was thinking on getting a susser seatpost. It looks like I'll be getting the one w/o remote lever. I am sorry but the tie wraps are intrusive to the naked eye.
    Other than that, bike is totally gorgeous
    It is sad to have to put the cable ties on but I have always gone for function over looks & wouldn't go for the none remote, I seem to need to drop the seat alot on some tracks to ride under low tree branches.

The hose hides againest the black of the frame & I could paint the cable ties if it gets to me, But all said & done its not as ugly as the 1 that rides it.

mtbr member
    Hi muzzanic,
    Very Nice bike! Can you tell me your size please? And the saddle height on the pics?
    I'm 6'5" but i like short bike and the XL seem to be very long for me...

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french
    Les Renards du Manet
    French VTT club

AOK
    mtbr member
    Best looking RDO I have seen so far. Good work, Andrea.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by seb@stien View Post
    Hi muzzanic,
    Very Nice bike! Can you tell me your size please? And the saddle height on the pics?
    I'm 6'5" but i like short bike and the XL seem to be very long for me...

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french
    The bike is a Large, I'm 6 foot, 180 lb & run my seat at 800mm from the centre of the cranks with the tape running inline with the seat post.

I can ride a Med but because I run my seat higher than most people my height ( Knee problems ) the Lge works better for me

mtbr member
    Here is my new race rig. I am waiting for the matching orange fork. The stem is pretty long and the steer tube isn't cut, so a few tweaks left to do. It comes in at 23.2 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by fattirebliss; 08-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Anyone who use a 120mm fork?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey Muzzanic,

When will you be posting your review ?
    It would be awesome if you could include a video.

I'm still waiting for a local shop to get their first rdo so I can finally see one in person.

fux
    Scooterist
    Mine landed today,

RDO pics!-rdobaby-.jpg

Very poor picture! Speks are as follows.

WTB Stryker, XO, Talas. Just waiting for the sram bits should be built before the end of the week.

Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by olasun View Post
    I will when mine comes in. Have a 2012 Revelation RLTi 120mm on order. Have been told "End of August" of my frame, but don't expect it to be here in the next two days. Hopefully not too much longer.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by olasun View Post
    Yes 120mm XX & it feels great.

Dirty South Underdog
    Tis finished! Summary of my first ride report: HOLY SH1T, THIS BIKE IS FAST!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93 View Post
    Hey Muzzanic,

When will you be posting your review ?
    It would be awesome if you could include a video.

I'm still waiting for a local shop to get their first rdo so I can finally see one in person.
    It will be sunday as I have a big ride planed Saturday night.

fux
    Scooterist
    Getting there....

RDO pics!-rdobuild.jpg
    Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    has anyone had a hard time getting the internal cables set up?

Dirty South Underdog
    Other than Nokon being a PITA to install, it's easier than the A9C for sure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    All built up and ready to ride. Weighed in at 24.6 pounds. The cable routing was easier than I thought it would be. Good video on Niner's website that I would highly recommend. I will post pics within the next couple of days. It matches the A9C sitting right next to it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    You may have this already on your list but a thompson stem with the gold dressup kit

Dirty South Underdog
    Yeah, I plan on getting a Thompson once I figure out the exact size I want.

Carbon & Ti rule
    The small & the large together,

I'm yet to trim down the hose for the Reverb seat post so that is why there looks like alot of cable under the Handle bars on the Large Tang.

I have a set of Gold I9 Flow wheels coming for the Tang bike to finish it off better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-bikebits-1154.jpg  

RDO pics!-bikebits-1158.jpg  

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    Guys, Ive been reading through some of the Ibis post about the 120mm ripley (same as RIP) and its amazing to hear what people say about travel. To me, the RDO is a perfect cross between weight, and travel for an all mountain, anytime bike. I know its considered Race Day Optimized or whatever, but from those of you who have ridden yours already, do you consider it an anywhere/any day type bike?? Seems like four inches of travel plus the 29er wheels is more than enough for most places (obviously we are not talking downhill riding)

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    Guys, Ive been reading through some of the Ibis post about the 120mm ripley (same as RIP) and its amazing to hear what people say about travel. To me, the RDO is a perfect cross between weight, and travel for an all mountain, anytime bike. I know its considered Race Day Optimized or whatever, but from those of you who have ridden yours already, do you consider it an anywhere/any day type bike?? Seems like four inches of travel plus the 29er wheels is more than enough for most places (obviously we are not talking downhill riding)
    Yes I do & I really like the feel of the bike, It feels stiff & strong.

I have a set of crest wheels but 90 % of the riding I do will be on my Flows

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Can someone who as ridden a specialized Epic and now has the rdo let me know what you think of the two? I'm totally sold on the Epic and about 90% there on the rdo. My only hold up is the brain on the epic. I know the brain works SOOO well and makes the bike ride like a hardtail so I would just like to know what the RDO rides like.

Also the building of the bike...I know from building an air 9 carbon that running the cables is not the easiest thing in the world. It seems like niner made this a lot simpler on the RDO. The one thing I don't like about the air 9 carbon is that you have to remove the press fit CYA BB adapter to get to the cables in the BB. I was wondering what this is like in the RDO? Any pics would be awesome too.

Dirty South Underdog
    I haven't ridden an Epic, but I'd say that the advantage of the RDO is that the performance of the suspension is in its physical design rather than through a proprietary device.

And yes, the RDO cable routing is a lot easier than the A9C. I've got both

mtbr member
    I just sold my Epic after riding my RDO. The brain is a nice feature, but I like the feel of the RDO sooooo much better.. The suspension is unique and the performance is amazing! I did a short 26 mile race on it 2 days after I bought it and it handled like a dream. I took 1st so I am sold on it lol.. Also, by not having a brain it means less to break. My brain went out 2 times in 7 months and I am 130lbs and not a very aggressive rider. As far as the cable routing, it was very easy and I didn't have to remove the BB..I don't know if it is easier than the A9C, I made mine (A9C) a singlespeed.....
    Last edited by fattirebliss; 09-02-2011 at 09:30 PM.

bi-winning
    Nice ride Andrea.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Talas on the RDO

Saw couple of folks here going for the Talas.
    Seriously considering 120 for getting the BB a bit higher, slacker handling with technical terrain, occasional mini air shows. Wondering if TALAS really fits the bill here. Had a 140mm TALAS on my Titus ML and I should confess, 99% of the time I was riding on its full extension 140mm even on long climbs. Was too lazy to fiddle with it, although it was a click click dial thingy.
    Some vicious friends of mine claim that Talas takes a toll on small bump compliance, so if this is true then I would opt for a plain 120 RLC.
    Other than that it looks like a winner, weight penalty is none and black looks smooth on a tang RDO. Just one click to choose from, even a a bum like myself should sort that out when no oxygen gets to my brain.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Saw couple of folks here going for the Talas.
    Seriously considering 120 for getting the BB a bit higher, slacker handling with technical terrain, occasional mini air shows. Wondering if TALAS really fits the bill here. Had a 140mm TALAS on my Titus ML and I should confess, 99% of the time I was riding on its full extension 140mm even on long climbs. Was too lazy to fiddle with it, although it was a click click dial thingy.
    Some vicious friends of mine claim that Talas takes a toll on small bump compliance, so if this is true then I would opt for a plain 120 RLC.
    Other than that it looks like a winner, weight penalty is none and black looks smooth on a tang RDO. Just one click to choose from, even a a bum like myself should sort that out when no oxygen gets to my brain.
    Going to a 120RLC would be fine on this bike for climbing,I went foe a good ride in the forest on mine in the weekend & gave it plenty of good tests on climbing & even had the Crests on it to make it even lighter in the front.

I did a bit if technical riding on mine & the bike works great.

I'm not sure if that is the type of riding you like that you would ever use anything other than the 120mm.

Even when I cought up some 26er riders on climbs (in there lowest granny gear )were there was only 1 rut to ride in & no way around them & almost coming to a stall when they fell off & I had to put the power on to get past the bike would push forward & go were as my Tallboy with a 120mm XX fork in that same situation would dive into it's rear travel, move your weight back & pick the front wheel up & stall the bike & you had to stop.

Keeping the front wheel on the ground on the RDO is not an effort on the steep climbs were as on the Tallboy I often just couldn't do it, I thought it may have just been because the tallboy was lighter than what my Rip9 & Jet9 were but thats not it at all my RDO is a touch lighter than the tallboy because of the XX group.

I alway liked my Rip9 much more than my Jet9 ( Not saying I didn't like my Jet9 ) but the RDO well it is just such a jump forward I haven't written a ride review yet because I'm trying to work out how to tame it down enough to make people beleave it & yet not sell the bike short.

mtbr member
    Thanks Muzz,
    I am into pretty much all the styles up to and not including free ride. Could say endurance and technical XC with occasional all mountain stuff. My preferred terrain is usually pointing up, as technical as it can be pushing the envelope of balance and power thrusts through switchbacks and rocks. I ride a lot of single speed over a Niner SIR mashing technical material, endurance stuff left to a 2x9 Lynskey. Both bikes sport a 100mm RLC, Stan Archs over CKs and Hopes (three bikes with these hoops, nothing will convince me to change them). 100mm is a tad short for getting down fast or rocky, I am riding on the endo edge game every two rides or so. I want a bit more travel to get more relaxed on descents.
    I would reduce the Talas to 95 over ultra steep climbs and maybe long fire roads to decrease drag. On the other hand 25mm may be too little to make a difference.
    Would love to hold on hardtails for ever, I am getting older and my lower back has no replacement suspension components to fix the pain.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Thanks Muzz,
    I am into pretty much all the styles up to and not including free ride. Could say endurance and technical XC with occasional all mountain stuff. My preferred terrain is usually pointing up, as technical as it can be pushing the envelope of balance and power thrusts through switchbacks and rocks. I ride a lot of single speed over a Niner SIR mashing technical material, endurance stuff left to a 2x9 Lynskey. Both bikes sport a 100mm RLC, Stan Archs over CKs and Hopes (three bikes with these hoops, nothing will convince me to change them). 100mm is a tad short for getting down fast or rocky, I am riding on the endo edge game every two rides or so. I want a bit more travel to get more relaxed on descents.
    I would reduce the Talas to 95 over ultra steep climbs and maybe long fire roads to decrease drag. On the other hand 25mm may be too little to make a difference.
    Would love to hold on hardtails for ever, I am getting older and my lower back has no replacement suspension components to fix the pain.
    The Rip9 climbs well with a 120 & a 140 infact it climbed as well with the 140 as it did with the 120mm fork.

The idea of going down to 95mm on climbs is good but I think you won't bother much.

I think you would be much better off with a 110-140 Rock Shox because you already have climbing bikes you what a fun bike.

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    stick with fox talus, its so much smoother than rockshox. Thats just a personal opinion

mtbr member
    Huh, my latest RLC 2010 had issues with sticky grit and screwed up seals right off the box. Got ripped off smoothness and reliability wise.
    I am giving FOX another chance as 2012 models have improved seals and Kashima, nevertheless I am handing over the cheque with a trembling hand ...

I fall... a lot
    Feb 2009
    How are you guys setting up your rear shock per weight? I saw the sag set up, but how does that translate into weight per pressure?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Have been told "End of August" of my frame, but don't expect it to be here in the next two days. Hopefully not too much longer.
    Sigh, still no sign of my frame. Dealer called to ask but got a standard canned response. I was hoping since my dealer is about 10 miles from the Niner CO office he might get a little more information than that but this is what he got:

"I don't really have any updates specifically. We are shipping them first
    order in, first order out"

My order was in to the dealer within two hours of the announcement, and he tells me he put my order to Niner in very shortly after that too so I was hoping I'd have mine by now. I've kind of set an informal deadline in my head that if it isn't here by 10/1 then I'll cancel. Even if that happens, I may end up on a RDO at some point but will take the time over the winter moths to explore some other options since the weather will turn shortly.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Sigh, still no sign of my frame. Dealer called to ask but got a standard canned response. I was hoping since my dealer is about 10 miles from the Niner CO office he might get a little more information than that but this is what he got:

"I don't really have any updates specifically. We are shipping them first
    order in, first order out"

My order was in to the dealer within two hours of the announcement, and he tells me he put my order to Niner in very shortly after that too so I was hoping I'd have mine by now. I've kind of set an informal deadline in my head that if it isn't here by 10/1 then I'll cancel. Even if that happens, I may end up on a RDO at some point but will take the time over the winter moths to explore some other options since the weather will turn shortly.
    I hope you get it soon, They are a stunning bike I would hate to see you settle for something else.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I hope you get it soon, They are a stunning bike I would hate to see you settle for something else.
    Yeah I hear you. I'm not saying that I won't go ahead and get one eventually, but if I can't get it till December then I might as well wait and just pick something up in April when ski season is over. Its still on the top of my list, just thinking I'd take the winter months to reevaluate my options if I can't get it in time to get some good rides on it this year.

I tend to ride my SIR9 SS all winter long, my suspension bikes sit a lot from Nov - March.

mtbr member

Upset Delays, delays

My tang RDO on order will not arrive as promised either
    Could swap it for a white but nooooo, I have to have tang. My SS SIR is tang and so shall be the RDO, madly in love with this color. That is if I do not cancel the order mostly because I am really pissed off. Tang or nothing.
    Was really counting on that sweet suspension to carry me on long rides, especially with cooler weather kicking in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Andrea help please

Andrea tried to send you a pm but being a new member it wont let me. Anyway love the build, my rdo will be here in a few weeks, can you post a components breakdown on your bike, it looks and im sure rides absolutely awesome. Thx

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Guys, anybody weighted their Large RDO frame? There is some nice looking builds on here!

mtbr member
    And what about XLs? never seen one, do someone have it??

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast