Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 479

Thread: RDO pics!

  1. #351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    Hi! Have you encountered issues with your set up? Is this a 38/26? Thanks!

  2. #352
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    Hi! Have you encountered issues on your Jet 9 RDO crank setup? Is that a 38/26? Thanks!

  3. #353
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,910
    Here's mine, just missing it's XTR pedals as they're coming back from a warranty swap:
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  4. #354
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmc1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    115
    My over 2 month wait was so worth it! I may be selling my Ibis Mojo SL.... Need to dial in the cockpit, hence the uncut steerer, but everything else is good to go. I can't believe how stiff the rear end feels and efficient the pedaling is. Bike is rock solid and fast.
    23 lbs, 11 ozs. Will get it down below 23 and a half when I swap the stem, bars, grips, and saddle.

  5. #355
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HouseNotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    226
    [QUOTE=aaronpass;9387684]Here is mine:


    Damn nice pics! What camera did you use. Are you also a professional photographer?!

  6. #356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    267
    [QUOTE=HouseNotes;9617786]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronpass View Post
    Here is mine:


    Damn nice pics! What camera did you use. Are you also a professional photographer?!
    Thanks! Yes I am a professional photographer/graphic designer.

    Unfortunately this bike is no longer in my stable. Sold it yesterday for a new 2013 S-Works Epic.

  7. #357
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HouseNotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    226
    [QUOTE=aaronpass;9617789]
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseNotes View Post

    Thanks! Yes I am a professional photographer/graphic designer.

    Unfortunately this bike is no longer in my stable. Sold it yesterday for a new 2013 S-Works Epic.
    Wish I had known. I'm looking into buying an XDO. Why the change?

  8. #358
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    267
    My new team is sponsored by Specialized. So I am getting a 2013 S-Works Epic.

  9. #359
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397

    Jet9 RDO

    I just thought I would add this photo of my Jet9 RDO with the new carbon wheel upgrade.

    This maybe one of the last pic's I post of this bike as it will soon be replaced with a Green Jet9 RDO & as soon as I can get my hands on a Rip9 RDO I'm looking forward to building that up to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-trip-033.jpg  

    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  10. #360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    569
    How do you like Carbon wheels? I have been considering upgrading my Jet 9 Carbon with some carbon wheels, but my I9s have been running very well for 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I just thought I would add this photo of my Jet9 RDO with the new carbon wheel upgrade.

    This maybe one of the last pic's I post of this bike as it will soon be replaced with a Green Jet9 RDO & as soon as I can get my hands on a Rip9 RDO I'm looking forward to building that up to.

  11. #361
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by flafonta View Post
    How do you like Carbon wheels? I have been considering upgrading my Jet 9 Carbon with some carbon wheels, but my I9s have been running very well for 3+ years...
    Yes I was going to hold off untill I could get some good AM wheels that I could fit I9 hubs & spokes to but got the Reynolds for a good price & thought I would give them ago.

    1st up it would be nice to have better engaugement but for now I will just have to deal with that.

    I have tryed crests & things & just didn't like the flexy feel & I just didn't trust them so just couldn't push them as hard as I needed to so I was slower on them.

    I have always liked the wider & stiffer feel of wheels like Flows or Sun Ringle Chargers.

    I have only done a couple of hundred Km on them so far & the 1st race ( 12 hour ) I was very sick all week & not well on the day & the bike felt good & climbed very well considering the shape I was in,The other tracks have been that easy it hasn't been much of a test so I will need to update more when I get more KM on them.

    I like them & they make the bike feel much more alive & easyer to turn the bike at speed ( I'm guessing it will be easyer for the bike to be throwen off line in the ruff but we will see ) They are atleast as stiff as the Flows & I can feel a little more trail chatter throught the bike with the carbon wheels, Not a big deal on the Jet9 RDO but maybe a factor on a hard tail for some people.

    If the wheels got stolen I would go stright out & buy another set.

    Would I buy a secound set ?? I would & will buy a secou this pointnd set of carbon wheels but may wait for something with I9's but we will see, I'm happy enough with the Reynolds at this point.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  12. #362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    I just finished up the order for the remaining pieces I need to finish up my Jet9 RDO build. I ordered a frame and fork this week from my local Niner dealer. I got a smoking deal on a 2012 White Med. frame. I also orders a frame guard from Cytoe! I've been on a carbon SS for two years now and hard tail 29ers since 2006. I'm looking forward to some suspension for the Arizona chunck.

  13. #363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42

    A Pair of Jet 9 RDOs

    I hope that I have enough posts to finally post pictures of our pair of Jet 9 RDOs. These pictures include a bit of final assembly, and our first real shake down at White Ranch in Colorado. We have been long overdue for new bikes, having ridden old school hard tail Klein Pulses for the last ~18 years (with a number of component and fork redos--obviously). Klein had a lot more color options, so our bikes did not match, but now they do. Had to differentiate the wheels though. My wife had first pick and went with black nipples, and I ended up with red. Probably not apparent in the pictures though.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  14. #364
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    190
    Freshly built up....23.75lbs as pictured

  15. #365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64
    congratulations, what brand is the chain guide.
    the fork travel is 100
    measure from the saddle to the bottom bracket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    Freshly built up....23.75lbs as pictured

  16. #366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    190
    Thanks; the chain guide is E.Thirteen and the fork is 120mm. I plan on going Sram XX1 in a couple of months.

  17. #367
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    Freshly built up....23.75lbs as pictured
    I wish I was using someone else's computor when I saw that.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  18. #368
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    This just showed up today.
    And this is what was inside.

  19. #369
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Happy Riding.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  20. #370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    90

    Xx1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    Thanks; the chain guide is E.Thirteen and the fork is 120mm. I plan on going Sram XX1 in a couple of months.
    Hi, Just got my white RDO and am also looking at the XX1. Do you know of any issues with the crank set up on the Jet? I hear it is a great set up. Let me know and are you getting your set up local or online?

    Millman
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

  21. #371
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    And it's finished. Almost. I just need the QR15 adapters for the front wheel.

  22. #372
    FAT CHANCE!
    Reputation: roy harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Highlights
    RDO XL Frame
    Talas 2012 120/95
    Complete XTR group
    ZTR / Stan crest wheels - tubeless
    RDO setpost and bars
    Thompson stem
    CB 2ti pedals.

    26.2 lbs complete.. Happy as a clam. Weight in a little less than I thought it would. Actual lighter than my old 26" carbon trek - which came in 28 lbs.

    Gary, How do you like those Crest Wheels? I have heard some things about those not holding up and a lot of my friends here in Colorado have been happy making the switch over to the Stan Arch rims. Just curious, & nice build

  23. #373
    RPG
    RPG is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1171 View Post
    My over 2 month wait was so worth it! I may be selling my Ibis Mojo SL.... Need to dial in the cockpit, hence the uncut steerer, but everything else is good to go. I can't believe how stiff the rear end feels and efficient the pedaling is. Bike is rock solid and fast.
    23 lbs, 11 ozs. Will get it down below 23 and a half when I swap the stem, bars, grips, and saddle.
    How does the niner pedal and climb compared to the Mojo? I have an SL and looking to get a Jet RDO and concerned it won't pedal as well. I really like the anti squat platform of the ibis too.

  24. #374
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmc1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RPG
    I saw your post on the RDO pics thread.

    How does the niner pedal and climb compared to the Mojo? I have an SL and looking to get a Jet RDO and concerned it won't pedal as well. I really like the anti squat platform of the ibis too.

    I'm also looking at the Superfly 100, but leaning towards the niner. Thanks!


    Dont be concerned on the pedaling platform at all. The niner absolutely smokes my mojo sl on climbs, and pedals much more efficient. It almost pedals like a hard tail, but is active when it needs to be. The niner really surprised me on how good it rides. Test one if you can, but I don't think you'd be disappointed when comparing to your ibis. They are really 2 different bikes, but I'm finding my niner has a lot of range and is my go to bike for nearly everything except gnarly, downhill, rocky chunder. It really does nearly everything very well and if you could only have 1 bike, it would be a strong candidate. You can built it lighter or beefed up depending on what you ride. Hope this helps!
    Todd

  25. #375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    190
    What length stem is everyone running on their Large frame? I recently switched from a 90 to a 75mm. The shorter stem feels great except on high speed gravel road descents where the front end gets light when cornering. I need to get a few more rides in before making a decision.

  26. #376
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    What length stem is everyone running on their Large frame? I recently switched from a 90 to a 75mm. The shorter stem feels great except on high speed gravel road descents where the front end gets light when cornering. I need to get a few more rides in before making a decision.
    70mm on my lge RDO & 685mm bars at the moment
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  27. #377
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmc1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    115
    80mm w/ 710mm bars. M frame

  28. #378
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    190

    Pic from a ride the other day. I love this bike!

  29. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64

    Niner jet9 rdo 2013

    Size large
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by scandal; 10-26-2012 at 01:15 AM.

  30. #380
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64
    assemblaggio terminato size large peso 10.200 g
    lb 22.48
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-77530_4762685835381_1237051977_o.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by scandal; 10-31-2012 at 01:59 AM.

  31. #381
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by scandal View Post
    assemblaggio terminato size large peso 10.200 g
    lb 22.48
    Very nice just send it to me
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  32. #382
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    170
    Not my cup of tea...to many colors imho. The weight is impressive though.

  33. #383
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bunyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    519
    Does the licorice come in the 2013 or is it only the lime green so far?
    XXL Spesh FSR 29er | Custom Ti roadie by Triton | FM190 build in progress

  34. #384
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Does the licorice come in the 2013 or is it only the lime green so far?
    Not yet, Only Green.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  35. #385
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    190
    Got any bigger pics of that kermit green RDO? What are the specs?

  36. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    Change out the Fox for the 2013 Lefty.


  37. #387
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382

    RDO Upgrade

    I upgraded my frame from the aluminum Kermit Jet 9 to a 2012 Licorice RDO. I also upgraded the fork to a 120mm CTD and went with an all RDO cockpit. I have yet to ride it beyond the parking lot, as my LBS has to finish the final tweaks and cut the fork. I used my 2012 XT 2x10 and XT brakes, as well as the Crank Brothers Colbalt wheelset.

    I will more than likely upgrade to the XX1 sometime next year and I am debating on whether to build a set of ArchEX with King hubs... Not sure of the King hub and XX1 compatibility though... Still quite far down the road...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-img_0729.jpg  

    RDO pics!-img_0730.jpg  

    -boom

  38. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
    I upgraded my frame from the aluminum Kermit Jet 9 to a 2012 Licorice RDO. I also upgraded the fork to a 120mm CTD and went with an all RDO cockpit. I have yet to ride it beyond the parking lot, as my LBS has to finish the final tweaks and cut the fork. I used my 2012 XT 2x10 and XT brakes, as well as the Crank Brothers Colbalt wheelset.

    I will more than likely upgrade to the XX1 sometime next year and I am debating on whether to build a set of ArchEX with King hubs... Not sure of the King hub and XX1 compatibility though... Still quite far down the road...
    Nice Boom! You will love the 120mm Fork. It really adds to the control on the downs. I took mine for another spin around Deems today. It really smooths thing out with all the chatter and still climbs fast.

  39. #389
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bunyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    519
    Bike looks sick! How do you like the Crank Bro wheels? I heard they're flexy but have yet to talk to someone who's ridden them.
    XXL Spesh FSR 29er | Custom Ti roadie by Triton | FM190 build in progress

  40. #390
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by azpoolguy View Post
    Nice Boom! You will love the 120mm Fork. It really adds to the control on the downs. I took mine for another spin around Deems today. It really smooths thing out with all the chatter and still climbs fast.
    Thanks, Mike. I may pick it up tomorrow after work. Looking forward to getting it dialed in and start using it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Bike looks sick! How do you like the Crank Bro wheels? I heard they're flexy but have yet to talk to someone who's ridden them.
    They have about 1000 miles on them and have been great so far. However, that is one of the reasons the bike is still at the shop. I noticed some excess flex on the last couple rides on the Aluminum Jet and it looks like the spokes are due to be tightened and trued. I will follow up to this post after I get the bike back and ride it a few times.

    I can't wait to get the fork cut and get rid of that myriad of ugly spacers! It is an eyesore! :-)
    -boom

  41. #391
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Brought her home today. Took it for the first shakedown ride tonight. Need to add more air to the suspension, but other than that, it feels dialed in. I am really happy with the way the cockpit turned out. Very stoked with the bike so far. Looking forward to some long rides!!

    Erik, Eli and the team at Slippery Pig Bikes in Phoenix really took good care of me. They helped me get the bike dialed in and looking good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-img_0739.jpg  

    RDO pics!-img_0736.jpg  

    RDO pics!-img_0734.jpg  

    -boom

  42. #392
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
    Brought her home today. Took it for the first shakedown ride tonight. Need to add more air to the suspension, but other than that, it feels dialed in. I am really happy with the way the cockpit turned out. Very stoked with the bike so far. Looking forward to some long rides!!

    Erik, Eli and the team at Slippery Pig Bikes in Phoenix really took good care of me. They helped me get the bike dialed in and looking good!
    Once you get the suspension dialed in it will still be plush but still climb really well out of the saddle. Really try to get the 25% recommended sag. It was the magic number for me on feel.

  43. #393
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by azpoolguy View Post
    Once you get the suspension dialed in it will still be plush but still climb really well out of the saddle. Really try to get the 25% recommended sag. It was the magic number for me on feel.
    I was just doing that. :-) Do you normally leave ProPedal in the 3 position?
    -boom

  44. #394
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
    I was just doing that. :-) Do you normally leave ProPedal in the 3 position?
    I leave mine in the 1 position and the CTD fork in Trail with the Trail Tune in the middle.

  45. #395
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    I am 3 rides in, plus one small shakedown ride. I really really dig this bike! Fast, climbs great and seems very stable so far. I am still getting used to how light the front and rear end feel. Also, this is my first carbon frame. 2 things I noticed, which I have also read about, is how smooth and quiet the ride is on carbon. Wow!! The combination of the Jet's 100mm CVA suspension and the 120mm Fox Talus CTD go great together.

    My third Niner and my favorite!

    One more picture... :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-img_0740.jpg  

    -boom

  46. #396
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by boomvader View Post
    I am 3 rides in, plus one small shakedown ride. I really really dig this bike! Fast, climbs great and seems very stable so far. I am still getting used to how light the front and rear end feel. Also, this is my first carbon frame. 2 things I noticed, which I have also read about, is how smooth and quiet the ride is on carbon. Wow!! The combination of the Jet's 100mm CVA suspension and the 120mm Fox Talus CTD go great together.

    My third Niner and my favorite!

    One more picture... :-)
    Looking good Boom! You need to order one of these before something catistrofic happens! Rock protection for Santa Cruz and Niner frames - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

  47. #397
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985

  48. #398
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by azpoolguy View Post
    BTW.... He may not say it, but Mike TORE it up out there last weekend. Niner should put him on their team!!!
    -boom

  49. #399
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    I managed to finish in the middle of the pack. Not bad for my first race, I guess... :-)

    Love the RDO!!! Only weak link on that bike is me!! :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-ccbf_pic.jpg  

    -boom

  50. #400
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IP_Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203
    Got my RDO a little over a month ago. Love it. Wheels are on the upgrade list, but still in recovery from sticker shock.

    Frame Niner JET 9 RDO
    Fork Fox 32 Talas 29 CTD-ADJ Fit
    Brake Shimano XT M785
    Brake Shimano XT M785
    Shifter Shimano XT SL-M780 i Spec
    Cable Shimano Stainless
    Housing Shimano Housing
    Crank Shimano XT M785
    BottomBracket SRAM/TruVativ PressFit 30 to 68/73mm English Thread Bottom Bracket Adaptor
    FrontDerailleur XT-M785-E2 2x10 TS F-derail, 66-69 T/B-pull E2-Type
    Cassette Shimano XT CS M771 10
    RearDerailleur Shimano XT M786 Shadow +
    Chain Shimano XT HG94
    FrontWheel Easton EA70 XCT 29 | 100X9 | FRONT WHEEL
    RearWheel Easton EA70 XCT 29 | 135X9 | REAR WHEEL
    Tire Schwalbe Nobby Nic
    Pedal Shimano XT M780
    Headset Chris King InSet 2 Black
    Stem Easton EA70
    Handlebar Easton Haven Carbon
    Grip Ergon GP-1
    Seatpost RockShox Reverb
    Saddle WTB Silverado Pro

    RDO pics!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355100286.703109.jpg

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 07:43 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 05:22 PM
  4. ! PICS ! mountain bonanza day ! PICS ! PICS ! PICS !
    By nobody242424 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •