Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 479

Thread: RDO pics!

  1. #251
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pat@bike.orbea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    83
    Dr. Power que detalles!!
    Saludos

  2. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kellijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    168

    She's 22.7 lbs :)


  3. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcslt01 View Post
    Edlisjas,

    How is the balance of the lefty combined with the rp23 fox?

    BTW Nice build. I am considering pretty much the same thing just with enve wheels.
    Hello, I haven't had the chance to ride the bike...

    November 25th, I had a surgery at my left knee. Yesterday, I had a surgery at my right knee. So, i hope i can ride the bike within 4 or 5 weeks.

  4. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    132
    22.7 lbs - sick!!

  5. #255
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    170
    Finally ready!




    Specs:
    Frame: Niner Jet 9 RDO size M
    Fork : Rock Shox Sid WC
    Hubs: Chris King
    Spokes: DT Swiss Super Comp
    Rims: ZTR Crest
    Shifters: SRAM XX
    Derailleur front: SRAM XX
    Derailleur rear: SRAM XX
    Crank: Tune Smartfoot
    Chainrings: Tune 39 en Carbon Ti 25
    Brakes : Avid XX WC
    Cassette : SRAM XX 12-36
    Chain : KMC SL-10
    Handlebar : Niner Carbon flatbar 65 cm
    Stem : Tune Geiles Teil 4.0 85 mm
    Seatpost : Niner RDO
    Seatpost clamb : Tune
    Saddle : Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow
    Tires : Swalbe Racing Ralph en Rocket Ron
    Bottlecage: Tune Wassertrager uni
    Paddles: Xpedo M-Force XMF 08TT Titan










  6. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fastmq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    76
    that's a sexy bike whats the weight?

  7. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    170
    10.14 kg / 22,35 LBS

    Will post a pic on the scale later today.

  8. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38
    Some better pics:






























  9. #259
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,663
    Edlisjas, I love your J9RDO! Probably my favorite in the thread, hope you can ride soon.

    JMH

  10. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kellijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by fastmq View Post
    that's a sexy bike whats the weight?
    22.7 lbs

  11. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    Here's a Large RDO I built up for my riding buddy. I've shown it because of the Lefty and how it fits on the Large frame. Very tight. I bought a red ano King headset but couldn't make that work. The Cane Creek works fine once you take apart the upper cap.

    Wheelset is Project 321 with Crests, CX-Rays, and AC red ano valve stems . Front travel is 120mm. Weight is 23.5 pounds including the 360g Adamo saddle and Candy's. Crank is a 22-32-bash with a 22-36 double FD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-rdo_ec1.jpg  

    RDO pics!-rdo_ec2.jpg  


  12. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    Here's a Large RDO I built up for my riding buddy. I've shown it because of the Lefty and how it fits on the Large frame. Very tight. I bought a red ano King headset but couldn't make that work. The Cane Creek works fine once you take apart the upper cap.

    Wheelset is Project 321 with Crests, CX-Rays, and AC red ano valve stems . Front travel is 120mm. Weight is 23.5 pounds including the 360g Adamo saddle and Candy's. Crank is a 22-32-bash with a 22-36 double FD.

    Very cool Craig.
    Hope you get a chance to switch off and compare to your TB

  13. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93 View Post
    Very cool Craig.
    Hope you get a chance to switch off and compare to your TB
    Me too. Will have to ask really nicely.

  14. #264
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1-bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,462
    As an owner of a 22.3lb Tallboy I've noticed there are not nearly as many killer Tallboy builds like there are as J RDOs. I didn't come here to crash the party but to give it up to Edlijas, Keillijayne, SandOkan, and Dr. Power- All of you have insanely sick builds! I like each one for different reasons.

    Kellijayne- I love the attitude in the graphics! The build is the most sensible with XO and Easton carbon wheels. $$ Spent in all the right places...

    SandOkan- All blacked out with the RDO cockpit and SRAM XX/WC setup is sick. The Tune Smartfoot is unique. And at 22.3lbs you know it's fast.

    Edlijas- Full XTR, ENVE and Left.. WoW, that is the sickest build! Man I'd love to test ride that machine...

    Dr.Power- Rotor cranks, XX and full fox rear and front is text book smart.
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

  15. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kellijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlisjas View Post
    Some better pics:



    Which lefty is that... 120mm? 130MM? or 140mm?

  16. #266
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by kellijayne View Post
    Which lefty is that... 120mm? 130MM? or 140mm?
    Looks the same as mine. A lefty Max PBR (140mm). With 29'er spacers max it could be is a risky 120mm, or a more common 110mm.

    EDIT: I was wrong - see post below, is an XLR at 90mm
    Last edited by NS2000X; 02-16-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    <Insert Quiver>

  17. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38
    It's a 90 mm lefty XLR solo air.

  18. #268
    COTA member
    Reputation: Dry Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    964

    Niner Jet 9 RDO on the way

    Fork: Fox 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT RLC
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Tires: Geax AKA
    Wheels: Enve Twenty9 XC w/DT240s
    Drivetrain: SRAM X0
    Brakes: Avid X0
    Seat Post: Niner RDO
    Saddle: WTB Silverado SLT
    Handlebar: Niner Flat Top Carbon
    Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    Pedals: Shimano M540


  19. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by kellijayne View Post
    Which fork did you put on?
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  20. #270
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Side View Post
    Fork: Fox 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT RLC
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Tires: Geax AKA
    Wheels: Enve Twenty9 XC w/DT240s
    Drivetrain: SRAM X0
    Brakes: Avid X0
    Seat Post: Niner RDO
    Saddle: WTB Silverado SLT
    Handlebar: Niner Flat Top Carbon
    Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    Pedals: Shimano M540

    Very nice.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  21. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255

    RDO Tang with Industry Nine Hubs

    Quote Originally Posted by MTBkid SA View Post
    Hi,

    I have ordered a Large Tang, but stressing over the finishing kit!!!!!
    Nothing goes with the Tang so my thoughts are going for red Hope evo II hubs black rims and then using the red for all of the small things seat clamp etc, any ideas????

    Also any feedback on the Fox with the new coating please

    Thks
    This is how you make a Tang look good. I rode this demo bike and cut 2 minutes off my 15 mile loop time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-niner-tang.jpg  

    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  22. #272
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255

    RDO with Pink

    This is making a RDO Pink friendly.

    I didn't do it.

    Breakaway Bikes in Rohnert Park, CA did it.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-niner-pink.jpg  

    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  23. #273
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Side View Post
    Fork: Fox 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT RLC
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Tires: Geax AKA
    Wheels: Enve Twenty9 XC w/DT240s
    Drivetrain: SRAM X0
    Brakes: Avid X0
    Seat Post: Niner RDO
    Saddle: WTB Silverado SLT
    Handlebar: Niner Flat Top Carbon
    Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    Pedals: Shimano M540

    Have you ridden it yet ?

    Ride report please.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  24. #274
    COTA member
    Reputation: Dry Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    964
    I get it Thursday, but even then snow might be an issue as it is middle of winter. Will post a ride report ASAP.

  25. #275
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Side View Post
    I get it Thursday, but even then snow might be an issue as it is middle of winter. Will post a ride report ASAP.
    Ok

    I need to shift my thinking then, I think I'm hard done by if it rains for 4 days in a row in winter.

    Any way nice bike & I'm sure you will love it when you do get to ride it.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  26. #276
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,416

    Black RDO w/ Chinese carbon rims:)

    Finally got my RDO built after months and months or collecting parts. Here she is:

    * Frame: medium, 3M "helicopter tape" applied, rock protection plate on the bottom
    * Fork: Fox Talas RLC
    * Bar: Syntace Vector 31.8 carbon
    * Brakes: xtr 988 trail, xtr center lock rotors
    * Shifters: X9 10s
    * Rear Der: X9 med
    * Front Der: Shimano SLX
    * Cranks: X9 BB30 (PF30 BB of course). 3x10, but with a RaceFace Light bash guard.
    * Seat: Terry Fly Carbon
    * Seat post: Niner RDO
    * Chain: KMC 10SL
    * Cassette: XT 771 (being replaced w/ Sram XG 1080 this week)
    * Wheels: DT 240s hubs, Sapim Race spokes, Chinese carbon rims (light-bicycles)
    * Tires: Ardent 2.4 front, Ikon rear












  27. #277
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post


    Sweet RDO!

    I'm helping a friend build her RDO this week. Where do we get one of those rock guards for the lower linkage?

    --El Beastro

  28. #278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro View Post
    Sweet RDO!

    I'm helping a friend build her RDO this week. Where do we get one of those rock guards for the lower linkage?

    --El Beastro
    I custom make these link protection plates. Here's my ad:
    Rock protection for the Santa Cruz Tallboy and Niner Jet9 RDO and RIP9 (all sizes and model years) - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories






  29. #279
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Damn....that's cheap protection! I'll forward her the link so she can order one tonight.

    Are they in stock and available to ship for the RDO?

  30. #280
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro View Post
    Damn....that's cheap protection! I'll forward her the link so she can order one tonight.

    Are they in stock and available to ship for the RDO?
    Yes, I have these ready to ship

  31. #281
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro View Post
    Sweet RDO!

    I'm helping a friend build her RDO this week. Where do we get one of those rock guards for the lower linkage?

    --El Beastro
    She got her frame?

    I need one of those frame guards, order coming.

  32. #282
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    She got her frame?

    I need one of those frame guards, order coming.
    The link is in Cytoe's signature line.
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  33. #283
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    She got her frame?

    I need one of those frame guards, order coming.
    She never got a dime back from Mountain High Cyclery...Larry just stiffed her and now he's going out of business. She's got a backcharge filed through Discover which should be resolved this week. Hopefully she'll get her full $5k+ back from them and they can go after Larry.



    In the meantime, she ordered a white RDO from BikeBling.com - 1-800-BIKEPRO is Bike Bling. She ordered it on Thursday, had it on her doorstep the following Tuesday. We are just waiting for the fork to arrive from Fox tomorrow....and we'll start the build. We've been accumulating parts over the past month....should be a sweet build.

    The frame guards are sweet. She'll get one for her frame as well.


  34. #284
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro View Post
    She never got a dime back from Mountain High Cyclery...Larry just stiffed her and now he's going out of business. She's got a backcharge filed through Discover which should be resolved this week. Hopefully she'll get her full $5k+ back from them and they can go after Larry.

    Total suck. I was afraid to ask after all the stories popping up on here lately. Really, really bad situation. Feel quite fortunate to have gotten my frame, guessing I may have been the last lucky one.

    cytoe - Order is placed. Do I get a discount if I pick it at DBB?

  35. #285
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Total suck. I was afraid to ask after all the stories popping up on here lately. Really, really bad situation. Feel quite fortunate to have gotten my frame, guessing I may have been the last lucky one.

    cytoe - Order is placed. Do I get a discount if I pick it at DBB?
    Doh! Surely, but I already put it in the mail

  36. #286
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138 View Post
    Tis finished! Summary of my first ride report: HOLY SH1T, THIS BIKE IS FAST!



    Who makes the seat post clamp, stem cap, and head set in the orange that matches the hubs?
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  37. #287
    Always Learning
    Reputation: BruceBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,515
    Quote Originally Posted by sand0kan View Post
    10.14 kg / 22,35 LBS

    Will post a pic on the scale later today.
    Where does one get a SID World Cup that is black?

  38. #288
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by duffin View Post
    Who makes the seat post clamp, stem cap, and head set in the orange that matches the hubs?
    Answered my own question, photo shows Chris king gold pieces.
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  39. #289
    Dirty South Underdog
    Reputation: Andrea138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,725
    Yeah- King headset, Hope hubs & seatpost collar, Nokon housing, and a local person in Memphis anodized my hardware & pivots
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

    Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

  40. #290
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42
    Would this be the thread to let people know that there's one in stock at a shop in Chicago? Large, licorice.

    If there's a different place to post info, my apologizes and I'll move the info there.

  41. #291
    COTA member
    Reputation: Dry Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    964
    Better thread to post RDO availabllity here ..

    RDO delivery dates?

  42. #292
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42
    Thanks!

  43. #293
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonecpt View Post
    Would this be the thread to let people know that there's one in stock at a shop in Chicago? Large, licorice.

    If there's a different place to post info, my apologizes and I'll move the info there.
    Leaving it here is good to.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  44. #294
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    Yes, I have these ready to ship
    Got the rock guard installed.....man, it fits like a glove. Great workmanship....very happy with it. Thanks Cytoe!





    --El Beastro

  45. #295
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091

    25.2 lb medium Vanna White RDO

    Just finished up helping my friend build up her RDO. 25.2 lbs w/pedals....pretty impressive rig.



    Went out with her for a shake down ride.....she was blown away by how the bike just felt 'right' for her. Damn, she was fast on it. Had to keep my WFO uncorked to keep up..







    --El Beastro

  46. #296
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    So when you upgrading from the WFO?

  47. #297
    Tame the Penguin!
    Reputation: El Beastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    So when you upgrading from the WFO?
    LOL! Never......no interest in snapping one of those frames in half with my fat arse......



    Regarding the WFO....I'm just happy I didn't snap a wheel in half today.....PHEW!


  48. #298
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255
    We'll be watching if those white grips turn to brown...
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

  49. #299
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    132

    Trail/All-Mountain Jet 9 RDO

    After a few months of wait on frame and 2012 components, it's time to ride!

    * Frame: large Tang
    * Fork: Fox Talas RLC
    * Bar: RDO carbon
    * Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    * Brakes: Shimano XT, 180mm
    * Shifters: Shimano XTR
    * Rear Der: XTR Shadow Plus
    * Front Der: XT
    * Cranks: XT 24/32/42
    * Seat: WTB Pure V Team ti, for now
    * Seat post: Specialized Command Post Blacklite 125mm
    * Chain: XT HG94
    * Cassette: XT 11/36
    * Wheels: Stans ArchEX, DT 240s hubs, DT Comp spokes
    * Tires: Specialized Purgatory 2.2 front, Ground Control rear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-picture-006-web.jpg  

    RDO pics!-picture-028-web.jpg  

    RDO pics!-picture-036-web.jpg  


  50. #300
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64
    Hello and congratulations, you are so high, how far you seat - BB

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_mtn View Post
    After a few months of wait on frame and 2012 components, it's time to ride!

    * Frame: large Tang
    * Fork: Fox Talas RLC
    * Bar: RDO carbon
    * Stem: Thomson Elite X4
    * Brakes: Shimano XT, 180mm
    * Shifters: Shimano XTR
    * Rear Der: XTR Shadow Plus
    * Front Der: XT
    * Cranks: XT 24/32/42
    * Seat: WTB Pure V Team ti, for now
    * Seat post: Specialized Command Post Blacklite 125mm
    * Chain: XT HG94
    * Cassette: XT 11/36
    * Wheels: Stans ArchEX, DT 240s hubs, DT Comp spokes
    * Tires: Specialized Purgatory 2.2 front, Ground Control rear

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 06:43 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
  4. ! PICS ! mountain bonanza day ! PICS ! PICS ! PICS !
    By nobody242424 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •