Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: RDO pics!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi! Have you encountered issues with your set up? Is this a 38/26? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi! Have you encountered issues on your Jet 9 RDO crank setup? Is that a 38/26? Thanks!

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Here's mine, just missing it's XTR pedals as they're coming back from a warranty swap:
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    My over 2 month wait was so worth it! I may be selling my Ibis Mojo SL.... Need to dial in the cockpit, hence the uncut steerer, but everything else is good to go. I can't believe how stiff the rear end feels and efficient the pedaling is. Bike is rock solid and fast.
    23 lbs, 11 ozs. Will get it down below 23 and a half when I swap the stem, bars, grips, and saddle.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=aaronpass;9387684]Here is mine:

Damn nice pics! What camera did you use. Are you also a professional photographer?!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    [QUOTE=HouseNotes;9617786]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronpass View Post
    Here is mine:

Damn nice pics! What camera did you use. Are you also a professional photographer?!
    Thanks! Yes I am a professional photographer/graphic designer.

Unfortunately this bike is no longer in my stable. Sold it yesterday for a new 2013 S-Works Epic.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=aaronpass;9617789]
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseNotes View Post

Thanks! Yes I am a professional photographer/graphic designer.

Unfortunately this bike is no longer in my stable. Sold it yesterday for a new 2013 S-Works Epic.
    Wish I had known. I'm looking into buying an XDO. Why the change?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My new team is sponsored by Specialized. So I am getting a 2013 S-Works Epic.

Carbon & Ti rule

Jet9 RDO

I just thought I would add this photo of my Jet9 RDO with the new carbon wheel upgrade.

This maybe one of the last pic's I post of this bike as it will soon be replaced with a Green Jet9 RDO & as soon as I can get my hands on a Rip9 RDO I'm looking forward to building that up to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDO pics!-trip-033.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    How do you like Carbon wheels? I have been considering upgrading my Jet 9 Carbon with some carbon wheels, but my I9s have been running very well for 3+ years...

Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I just thought I would add this photo of my Jet9 RDO with the new carbon wheel upgrade.

This maybe one of the last pic's I post of this bike as it will soon be replaced with a Green Jet9 RDO & as soon as I can get my hands on a Rip9 RDO I'm looking forward to building that up to.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by flafonta View Post
    How do you like Carbon wheels? I have been considering upgrading my Jet 9 Carbon with some carbon wheels, but my I9s have been running very well for 3+ years...
    Yes I was going to hold off untill I could get some good AM wheels that I could fit I9 hubs & spokes to but got the Reynolds for a good price & thought I would give them ago.

1st up it would be nice to have better engaugement but for now I will just have to deal with that.

I have tryed crests & things & just didn't like the flexy feel & I just didn't trust them so just couldn't push them as hard as I needed to so I was slower on them.

I have always liked the wider & stiffer feel of wheels like Flows or Sun Ringle Chargers.

I have only done a couple of hundred Km on them so far & the 1st race ( 12 hour ) I was very sick all week & not well on the day & the bike felt good & climbed very well considering the shape I was in,The other tracks have been that easy it hasn't been much of a test so I will need to update more when I get more KM on them.

I like them & they make the bike feel much more alive & easyer to turn the bike at speed ( I'm guessing it will be easyer for the bike to be throwen off line in the ruff but we will see ) They are atleast as stiff as the Flows & I can feel a little more trail chatter throught the bike with the carbon wheels, Not a big deal on the Jet9 RDO but maybe a factor on a hard tail for some people.

If the wheels got stolen I would go stright out & buy another set.

Would I buy a secound set ?? I would & will buy a secou this pointnd set of carbon wheels but may wait for something with I9's but we will see, I'm happy enough with the Reynolds at this point.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I just finished up the order for the remaining pieces I need to finish up my Jet9 RDO build. I ordered a frame and fork this week from my local Niner dealer. I got a smoking deal on a 2012 White Med. frame. I also orders a frame guard from Cytoe! I've been on a carbon SS for two years now and hard tail 29ers since 2006. I'm looking forward to some suspension for the Arizona chunck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

A Pair of Jet 9 RDOs

I hope that I have enough posts to finally post pictures of our pair of Jet 9 RDOs. These pictures include a bit of final assembly, and our first real shake down at White Ranch in Colorado. We have been long overdue for new bikes, having ridden old school hard tail Klein Pulses for the last ~18 years (with a number of component and fork redos--obviously). Klein had a lot more color options, so our bikes did not match, but now they do. Had to differentiate the wheels though. My wife had first pick and went with black nipples, and I ended up with red. Probably not apparent in the pictures though.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Freshly built up....23.75lbs as pictured

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    congratulations, what brand is the chain guide.
    the fork travel is 100
    measure from the saddle to the bottom bracket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks; the chain guide is E.Thirteen and the fork is 120mm. I plan on going Sram XX1 in a couple of months.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I wish I was using someone else's computor when I saw that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This just showed up today.
    And this is what was inside.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Happy Riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Xx1

Thanks; the chain guide is E.Thirteen and the fork is 120mm. I plan on going Sram XX1 in a couple of months.
    Hi, Just got my white RDO and am also looking at the XX1. Do you know of any issues with the crank set up on the Jet? I hear it is a great set up. Let me know and are you getting your set up local or online?

Millman
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    And it's finished. Almost. I just need the QR15 adapters for the front wheel.

FAT CHANCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Highlights
    RDO XL Frame
    Talas 2012 120/95
    Complete XTR group
    ZTR / Stan crest wheels - tubeless
    RDO setpost and bars
    Thompson stem
    CB 2ti pedals.

26.2 lbs complete.. Happy as a clam. Weight in a little less than I thought it would. Actual lighter than my old 26" carbon trek - which came in 28 lbs.

Gary, How do you like those Crest Wheels? I have heard some things about those not holding up and a lot of my friends here in Colorado have been happy making the switch over to the Stan Arch rims. Just curious, & nice build

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1171 View Post
    My over 2 month wait was so worth it! I may be selling my Ibis Mojo SL.... Need to dial in the cockpit, hence the uncut steerer, but everything else is good to go. I can't believe how stiff the rear end feels and efficient the pedaling is. Bike is rock solid and fast.
    23 lbs, 11 ozs. Will get it down below 23 and a half when I swap the stem, bars, grips, and saddle.
    How does the niner pedal and climb compared to the Mojo? I have an SL and looking to get a Jet RDO and concerned it won't pedal as well. I really like the anti squat platform of the ibis too.

mtbr member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RPG
    I saw your post on the RDO pics thread.

How does the niner pedal and climb compared to the Mojo? I have an SL and looking to get a Jet RDO and concerned it won't pedal as well. I really like the anti squat platform of the ibis too.

I'm also looking at the Superfly 100, but leaning towards the niner. Thanks!

Dont be concerned on the pedaling platform at all. The niner absolutely smokes my mojo sl on climbs, and pedals much more efficient. It almost pedals like a hard tail, but is active when it needs to be. The niner really surprised me on how good it rides. Test one if you can, but I don't think you'd be disappointed when comparing to your ibis. They are really 2 different bikes, but I'm finding my niner has a lot of range and is my go to bike for nearly everything except gnarly, downhill, rocky chunder. It really does nearly everything very well and if you could only have 1 bike, it would be a strong candidate. You can built it lighter or beefed up depending on what you ride. Hope this helps!
    Todd

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What length stem is everyone running on their Large frame? I recently switched from a 90 to a 75mm. The shorter stem feels great except on high speed gravel road descents where the front end gets light when cornering. I need to get a few more rides in before making a decision.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast