mtbr member

Is this possible on a jet9 RDO

I was thinking it would be cool to have a stealth Reverb on my jet9 RDO. I already have my bottom bracket pressed in, so I cannot look on my bike to see if it is possible.

Is there any access up to the seat tube from the bottom bracket area. I run a 1x so I thought it might be possible to go into the badge, down to the BB and then up.

Even if there is access I'm not sure the hydro cable could make that bend. Then there would be the issue of the cable fitting through the head badge (not sure what the diameter is).

Overall, I'm pretty sure there are a few reasons this will not work (since I have not seen anyone doing it), but figured it was worth asking.

Follow up question would be if a stealth dropper is possible on a new RIP 9 RDO or aluminum. If not, Niner needs to seriously consider that as a frame feature. Droppers should be std equipment on AM rigs.

Moosehead
    Cannot say for sure, put having just pressed in the bb two days ago on mine, the BB frame section is a closed tube IIRC. Modification is dubious but it's your frame. Opening up the head tube badge holes for the FD housing/cable would not be an issue, but the hydro tube would likely get crushed under the BB area and above the CVA link where the RD cable routes, IMO.

External routing is your friend. Not intending to be a negative nancy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I was thinking about doing the same thing since I'm running a 1x and curious to hear if anyone has done it yet. I emailed niner about it but they told me to stick with the external cable version. I haven't had a chance to inspect the frame, but I'm wondering if you could run it through the top tube and out the extra headbadge hole? Or is it blocked off where the seat tube and top tube meet?

I'll try to inspect the frame tonight and see if I can fish a peice of string through it. Ive seen someone drill a hole in the frame but definitely don't wanna void the frame warranty. Just seems like the reverb cable wouldn't be long enough to run down the seat tube, through the bb, then up the downtube? Anyone know how long the hydro cable is? Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Is this possible on a jet9 RDO

BB shell is solid which is a true downer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onobed View Post
    BB shell is solid which is a true downer.
    That sucks. And it would be near impossible to cut a hole there. Hopefully, niner will accommodate a stealth dropper install on future frame designs.