mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Pics of Air 9 RDO

I know the A9 RDO has been out for a while and you've all seen pics, but here are some more. Love riding this thing. This frame with the RDO seatpost is noticeably different than the A9C with the uber stiff Thomson post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of Air 9 RDO-img_8262-copy-800x533-.jpg  

Pics of Air 9 RDO-img_8256-800x533-.jpg  

Pics of Air 9 RDO-img_8260-800x533-.jpg  

Carbon & Ti rule
    Nice build.

Wicketed
    NIce build, nice bike.
    I'm tearing myself apart trying to decide between one of these and a jet rdo for 12hr racing.....but seeing the lines of these black air9rdo hardtails is making me think "man up and put up with the hardtail pain!".
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by swan lee View Post
    NIce build, nice bike.
    I'm tearing myself apart trying to decide between one of these and a jet rdo for 12hr racing.....but seeing the lines of these black air9rdo hardtails is making me think "man up and put up with the hardtail pain!".
    I'm building up an Ai9 RDO for my wife & she already has a Jet9 RDO, But for a 12h Jet9 RDO all the way IMO

You will be in better shape at the end of the race to push hard.

mtbr member
    What are the main differences between the two frames (pictured RDO and A9C)? I just ordered the Air 9 RDO frame in Licorice from outsideoutfitters as well and am excited about the new build!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat View Post
    What are the main differences between the two frames (pictured RDO and A9C)? I just ordered the Air 9 RDO frame in Licorice from outsideoutfitters as well and am excited about the new build!
    The RDO is lighter & has smaller tubes, Softer ride,

RDO has the rear brake inside the rear triangle & A9C has it on top.

The A9C will go Single speed were as the RDO is a geard bike.

I'm told the gear cables are easyer to fit on the RDO

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    The RDO is lighter & has smaller tubes, Softer ride,

RDO has the rear brake inside the rear triangle & A9C has it on top.

The A9C will go Single speed were as the RDO is a geard bike.

I'm told the gear cables are easyer to fit on the RDO
    Yeap - RDO is geared only with a PF30 BB and has full length housing that isn't to difficult to install. A9C has the SS option plus the option to run a few different cranks. BB30, PF30, GXP and maybe a few more. See the Niner encyclopedia for full listing.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Great looking bike! Thanks for the info about the seat post. I'm going to be running it on my Air 9 RDO as well.

Just curious, what does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Chris,

31.6 Seatpost was 215g on my Park scale. Like Bruce Brown I weighed all the parts and put into a spreadsheet as I built the bike. Spreadsheet said 21.6lbs for the whole bike with xtr pedals but without cages. Didn't account for Stans, housing or headset spacers. In the end I think the bike weight about 22 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by riding29 View Post
    Chris,

31.6 Seatpost was 215g on my Park scale. Like Bruce Brown I weighed all the parts and put into a spreadsheet as I built the bike. Spreadsheet said 21.6lbs for the whole bike with xtr pedals but without cages. Didn't account for Stans, housing or headset spacers. In the end I think the bike weight about 22 lbs.
    Which fork are you running? I'm new to the 29er scene. I've always used Fox for my other bikes but considering the SIDs...although I think they are as much, if not more $, than the Fox.

Still missing fork, wheels and tires, and shifters as of today. Hopefully build done by March!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm have the SID XX without the carbon steerer. Not partial to RockShox or Fox, just had a RockShox fork last time so got the same thing again.