Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One9 Pics

mtbr member
    thank you very much
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Wrap the EBB in tape and use carbon prep on the edge that grips the BB housing. At first I couldn't ride more that a couple miles with out the chain slipping. After my LBS did the mods I went about 200 miles before I needed to adjust the chain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled
    Wrap the EBB in tape and use carbon prep on the edge that grips the BB housing. At first I couldn't ride more that a couple miles with out the chain slipping. After my LBS did the mods I went about 200 miles before I needed to adjust the chain.
    super rad
    i just need to wait until ski season is over and i pay tuition for next semester. the bike is going to be my everyday bike/race rig. the bikes are the only bikes i can find that are remotely normal looking
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes
    Picture of one of the orginal prototypes from 2005.

Chris
    Niner Bikes

Sweet! Hard to believe NIner has been around for 5 years already.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled
    And I'm glad it worked. I've already had one customer give up and sell the One-9 frame he bought from me. Got Aircooled's fixed and now have another one that I already did, creaking again. Mike at Niner Bikes, is there any thought about a possible redesign of the EBB? How about resizing the BB shell and using a Bushnell EBB instead? Other than that, I love their bikes! But I have to admit I am a die hard 26" full sus fan. And yes, I have ridden the RIP-9.

my body breaks the falls

Finally took a couple pics

I built this up just a few weeks ago after whimping out on the A9C (budget issues). It turned out exactly as I wanted - light enough to race, yet strong enough for my 195 pounds.

Large One9 frame
    Niner carbon fork
    Hadley Hubs, db spokes, Stans Flows (built by Chad at Red Barn)
    Kenda Slant Six front, Maxxis Crossmark rear
    Race Face Evolve stem, SIXC bars
    Crank Bros head set and grips
    Truvativ Noir 1.1 cranks
    Niner chain ring and 19 tooth cog
    Avid Juicy brakes with Dangerboy levers (can't break away from them!) and some cheap rotors
    Thomson post and cheap saddle
    Shimano A530 pedals
    21 pounds, 2 ounces

$500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member
    Here's mine!

"You can't face your problem,if your problem is your face."

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I wonder if Niner ever looked into the idea of an eccentric rear hub like Uno ... seems to work great on my current 26" ss.

http://www.whiteind.com/rearhubs/singlespeedhubs.html

I just got my first Jet9 so I'm good to go for a while, but I do eventually hope to set up a 29er ss ... either a Niner of Stumpy. Sounds like Niner still has some work to do on the EBB tho?

Looks like the Air 9 uses the same EBB system, is the only potential advantage of the One 9 versus Air 9 lower weight?

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66
    Looks like the Air 9 uses the same EBB system, is the only potential advantage of the One 9 versus Air 9 lower weight?
    The AIR9 has a normal BB shell, the ONE9 has an EBB, standard... the AIR9 frame should be a few grammes lighter than the ONE9 as it does not have the weight of the EBB. Though when built up with the same components minus the derailleurs/shifters/cassette the singlespeed is obviously a lighter bike.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx
    The AIR9 has a normal BB shell, the ONE9 has an EBB, standard... the AIR9 frame should be a few grammes lighter than the ONE9 as it does not have the weight of the EBB. Though when built up with the same components minus the derailleurs/shifters/cassette the singlespeed is obviously a lighter bike.
    So if one wanted to stay away from the EBB and use an eccentric rear hub for ss, the Air9 might be the better option?

Fat & Single
    You could do but with Niners EBB "final fix" if you did have a bit of squeaking happening, i dont see any reason why not to get the AIR9. Since using CarboGrip on my BB it has worked perfectly.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Old set up . 25.32 lbs

New setup. 20.5 lbs

"You can't face your problem,if your problem is your face."

Fat & Single
    I put the bike on a small slimming exercise today, i was fitting new Racing Ralphs and decided to stick a set of Furious Freds i had on then take it to my LBS for an official weigh in.... 7.66kg/16.88lbs

Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    7.6kg? Woah... I'm liking our build, very nice bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    7.66kg is seriously light, makes me think where the 'excess' weight is in mine. Mine does have real tires.... ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    I put the bike on a small slimming exercise today, i was fitting new Racing Ralphs and decided to stick a set of Furious Freds i had on then take it to my LBS for an official weigh in.... 7.66kg/16.88lbs
    How does she ride? Also is that SS specific hubs?

Fat & Single
    No, i got these wheels with the idea that i could swap them onto my FS with only changing the cassette and the front 9mm to 15mm Thru axel. I run the same brakes on both bikes too.

The bike rides beautifully, ive been on it for nearly a year now (1 nov 2010 going by post #10) and i have no intention of changing it soon.... the new one9 if there is one, would be the only replacement.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    You could do but with Niners EBB "final fix" if you did have a bit of squeaking happening, i dont see any reason why not to get the AIR9. Since using CarboGrip on my BB it has worked perfectly.
    what was the niner EBB "final fix" havnt heard of this yet, and getting ready to build up my one 9.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Finally got my new One 9 built up and out on the trails yesterday afternoon. Wow. This is a super cool bike, absolutely flies up the hills. Had a bit of creaking as expected out of the EBB, but about 15km into the ride it just stopped, so all is good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One9 Pics-img_3276.jpg  

One9 Pics-img_3277.jpg  

One9 Pics-img_3281.jpg  

One9 Pics-img_3280.jpg  

fux
    Scooterist
    We had a boxed scandium lying around at work and some used parts.

I haven`t ridden SS since I first built my sir 4 years ago, so I bent my boss`s arm and got a good deal.

Can`t wait to finish the build.

One9 Pics-one909.jpg

One9 Pics-one908.jpg
    Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice bikes guys! Nine to see this bumped back up. I miss my old ONE9, I'm on the A9C now.

I had a lot of time on this bike both racing and trail riding all around - and found if you are not having slipping and creaking then the noise is coming from the big 6mm and you need to teflon grease the snot out of that thing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Love this thread, pics coming soon...

Fat & Single
    Its a RAW fest ! Very nice
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nice, raw with silver components is always nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast