mtbr member
    May 2008

One9 cross build

I'm a MTBr at heart but going to race cross this year, mostly for fun. I'm struggling spending money on a new cross bike and instead thinking of building a rigid One9. I already have a nice set of Am Classic/355 wheels on my Haro Mary. Here's what I'm thinking for the rest. Let me know your thoughts.

One 9 Large Frame
    Exotic full carbon steerer fork
    Hutchinson tubeless ready CX tires
    Ritchey Superlogic Carbon Rizer Bar 660mm
    Exotic carbon seatpost
    Brakes-BB7 rear Juicy front (off Mary)
    American Classic/355/Sapim wheelset (Dave Thomas) 1550 grams
    Stylo Crank
    Stem--not sure

I'm thinking this should easily yield a 20 pound build? Any suggestions?

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    That will get you out there and having fun.

I plan on doing the same exact thing with my single speed A9C (whenever it arrives...) and entering some SS CX races.

PSYCHOLUST
    Sounds like a great plan.... I would say you should really consider the NINER carbon fork... I've ridden a couple of different carbon MTB forks ( not the exotic) before I got my Niner carbon fork and the NINER is amazing, really soaks up alot of vibe and inpact... my 2 cents

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the input. I may take your advice and get the Niner fork. I was trying to make this a budget build hence the Exotic fork but I really like the Niner carbon a lot!

PSYCHOLUST
    I was at a race last week and a guy who is a bit dismissive about single speeds in general ( I was already relaxing as he came across the finish line ) was eyeing my ONE9 and said " Well, look at that fancy carbon fork, what does something like that cost?"
    I looked around at all the SID WC's and FOX forks on the rigs around us and said
    " It's likely the cheapest fork here."