mtbr member

One 9 RDO Questions

1. Is there any difference in weight between the One 9 RDO and the Air 9 RDO (assuming the CYA BB is used running to run a 1X drivetrain). Or is it basically the same frame with a 142mm rear axle?

2. What kind of crankset does the CYA BB system compatible with? Will it work with my BB30 crankset?

1X DRIVETRAIN COMPATIBILITY
    For those who want a little extra versatility, the One 9 RDO is compatible with Ninerís CYA bottom bracket system, enabling riders to run systems such as SRAMís XX1 or XO1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One 9 RDO Questions-one9rdo_3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The current air9rdo can not be run ss via an ebb. It has a carbon shell pf30 bottom bracket configuration that is not compatible with niners and others pf30 ebb. The one9rdo uses the cya bbshell.

Your bb30 crank "should" work with a rotor adapter bb in niners ebb II shell

mtbr member
    I have heard that only GXP cranks will work with this frame. I have also heard that the bottom bracket system employed here is much heaver than what is used for example in a BB30 setup as in the Air 9 RDO. So a similarly spec'd Air 9 RDO will be lighter than the One 9 RDO. True?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I believe there are some adapter bb that would let you run a bb30 crank with the one9rdo using the ebb insert, but going GXP would definitely be more straight forward.

I would expect similarly kitted the air9rdo would be lighter as most of the bb shell is carbon and not alu like it is with the one9rdo. I'd ballpark a wild ass guess at a 75-100 gram "penalty" for the one9.