Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by dolface View Post
    Heard from my LBS that replacement frames where going to start showing up at the end of May, anyone heard similar?
    I haven't heard anything on an arrival date, I've been riding the one I have like I stole it. The BB shell may be out of spec, but this frame is tough. It's like I've had a get out of jail free card for the last 4 months.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Rode mine over the weekend SS in a 12hr solo and hardly creaked.... Happy to take a replacement, just hope that the new yellow batch still matches the colour of my fork (frame/fork are actually a slightly diff shade even when buying together)

greedy
    Heard from my LBS that replacement frames where going to start showing up at the end of May, anyone heard similar?
    Shop called me Friday and said they just got an email saying about 2 more weeks. End of May will be about right.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Any news? I haven't heard anything except via this forum

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Talked to my shop and they said another 2 weeks yet. I'll post here as soon as I hear anything more.
    Last edited by dolface; 06-04-2014 at 09:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    My frame is in-transit and will arrive on Monday!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Are they letting you guys keep the old frames? Is there any way to identify if I have the newer frame? I just bought the 2-Star SS Build.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Issue resolved - thanks Niner!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One 9 RDO Bottom bracket issue-photo-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    How are you liking that fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Honestly, I just picked it up today from the LBS. I've only had a single ride on it. It seems to soak up the trail chatter really well. Well, between the fork, bar, and stem anyway. I'll let you know after I get a few more rides in.

mtbr member
    How are you liking that fork?
    Can't be as good as the NINER

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Edit

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Acko View Post
    Can't be as good as the NINER
    Yeah. I've really been enjoying the bike. Quick, nimble, extremely responsive. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this fork or the Niner fork. I just don't have enough experience to discern the differences.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I read somewhere that O9RDO's setup as a SS are getting chain slap on the bottom of the chainstay. Can anyone comment on that? Please provide gearing setup (e.g., 32t front, 20t rear). Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpryIP View Post
    I read somewhere that O9RDO's setup as a SS are getting chain slap on the bottom of the chainstay. Can anyone comment on that? Please provide gearing setup (e.g., 32t front, 20t rear). Thanks!
    I have run the following without slap... (no idea how loose these complainers have run their chain but I run mine with ~5mm vertical play)

34t Front with 17-18 Rear
    32t Front with 17-20 Rear

If this doesn't cover all of your riding, I don't know what will.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Acko View Post
    I have run the following without slap... (no idea how loose these complainers have run their chain but I run mine with ~5mm vertical play)

34t Front with 17-18 Rear
    32t Front with 17-20 Rear

If this doesn't cover all of your riding, I don't know what will.....
    A few more data points:
    32x21, 20, 19
    34x 20, 19, 18

Chain tension similar to Acko's

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I currently run 32/18 with no issues. I can see how one can have an issue with chain slapping the bottom of the chain stay though. The clearance is definitely less than on that of other single speed frames. 1) If the chain isn't properly tensioned as previously mentioned. 2) If the EBB is not properly adjusted. Rotated in one direction the EBB will increase the distance of the chain from the stay and rotated in the opposite direction the chain comes extremely close to the stay. I can imagine if the the chain is adjusted in the direction close to the stay. It would take just the least amount of play to make contact with the bottom of the chain stay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparewalnut View Post
    I can imagine if the the chain is adjusted in the direction close to the stay. It would take just the least amount of play to make contact with the bottom of the chain stay.
    Remove 1 link... problem solved!

3LH
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    Hi Sparewalnut -

It has come to our attention that the bottom bracket shell the One 9 RDO frame was manufactured approximately 1mm thinner in the center than was specified by our engineering department. This thinner shell does not meet our internal engineering requirements for use with the BioCentric 2 bottom bracket system.

One 9 RDO frames being run in a geared set up will continue to function perfectly. Bikes set up as singlespeeds may possibly experience bottom bracket maintenance-related issues.

We at Niner stand behind the products we make. We are replacing all One 9 RDO frames currently in rider's hands with frames that meet our engineering specification. Until then, folks can continue to ride their One 9 RDO in confidence - there is no safety concern associated with this issue, as confirmed via additional testing. When the new frame does arrive, we will cover the labor needed to build it, via local authorized Niner dealers.

Riders that have the frame currently should make sure they have registered their warranty so that we have their contact information and can get them their updated frame. All riders that have registered have already been contacted with information.

Regarding your specific question - we would like to speak to your shop so that we can work with them directly - they should not sell you this frame - please email us at info@ninerbikes.com or call us directly - 1-877-646-3792.

We appreciate our customers how we demonstrate that respect is the best proof of our integrity as a company. Please do not hesitate to contact info@ninerbikes.com with further questions.
    WOW...... This sounds like a possible recall and should be a headline in Niners forum for all to read.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It was, a year ago.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I was about to post the same thing. Not to mention they did a great job communicating to both customers that had the run of frames with issues as well as those waiting to purchase a one9 RDO with full transparency on why frames were back ordered at that time.

I can tell you it was worth the wait. I have a rigid setup and my gf has a 1x11 setup. IMO best XC SS frame set.

mtbr member
    3LH obviously has a chip on his shoulder about Niner cause he's tried to stir up crap on a few threads...

Leave it alone mate. There are clearly lots of very happy Niner owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2