Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

One 9 RDO anyone have one yet???

Anyone have one yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Picking ine up at shop today.Been there for 5 days but had to get a few adapators and hoses to change branks and wheels off old to new bike.Hope to get some riding in this weekend and give a report verse my current scandium model.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Please post some photos when you get a chance...thx

greedy
    Anybody pick one up yet? I'm waiting on a Yellow one and hoping to gauge a delivery date based on the Blue ones.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I find it hard to believe no one has posted a photo yet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Everyone is hiding their bikes so no one will see them! LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Have they shipped yet (or at least the blue version)? I ordered one and was told it will be the beginning of February before it will arrive. The anticipation is killing me.

mtbr member
    I know my shop has a blue one in the SS orientation on the floor.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I just saw the blue frame at a LBS.

Super nice but I want to see the Blaze Yellow...

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by hefeweizan View Post
    I just saw the blue frame at a LBS.

Super nice but I want to see the Blaze Yellow...
    I think Niner product marketing missed the price point by $200 unless their intention is to keep the gorgeous One 9 RDO uber exclusive to team racers I think we could see more of them in LBS's (vs trails) than we did for the likes of the $2799 Jet RDO on its initial run.

I paid $2799 for my RDO and placed my order before any were in the stores. But I won't pay $2149 to replace either my aluminum or steel hard tails. Not with a market value of their previous A9C in the $1100 range.
    2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

greedy
    Look what showed up at the shop for me today!!! The rigid fork didn't ship with it, but I'll take what I can get.

greedy
    Well, I was completely caught off guard when the frame showed up today. So, there is a possibility the RDO fork will be here Thursday along with a few other misc parts I'll be needing. If everything goes as planned, I'll have it built Thursday night, test ride Friday, and race it Saturday. XTR brakes and cranks, Chris King on Arch EX wheels, RDO bars and seatpost. Should be sweet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice Frame Congrats!

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day View Post
    Well, I was completely caught off guard when the frame showed up today. So, there is a possibility the RDO fork will be here Thursday along with a few other misc parts I'll be needing. If everything goes as planned, I'll have it built Thursday night, test ride Friday, and race it Saturday. XTR brakes and cranks, Chris King on Arch EX wheels, RDO bars and seatpost. Should be sweet.
    Congrats. The build is without a doubt one of my favourite parts of a new bike. At least in the winter. Hope you have ridable trails this time of year.
    2x10
    1x1
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day View Post
    Can't wait to see the pics. I am very jealous. My blue version should be in in a couple weeks. My build is very similar with only different wheels and crankset.

Please post pics and a ride report so those of us waiting can live vicariously.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sweet looking frame! Are you upgrading from an A9C? Would love to hear how the two frames compare.

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by SpryIP View Post
    Sweet looking frame! Are you upgrading from an A9C? Would love to hear how the two frames compare.
    Right now I have an A9C and an A9RDO. The A9C is singlespeed. The RDO is 1x10. I like the way the RDO rides, but 99% of the time I ride the singlespeed. I figure it will be the best of both worlds. I'll have my singlespeed, but if I ever get the urge to run 1x10, I can. It's probably dumb to sell two bikes and buiild one, but I always feel guilty just seeing my RDO hanging in the basement, never getting used.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My SS is an A9C as well, and like you I ride it 99% of the time. My geared bike is a 1x11 Stumpjumper HT. There is no question that I like the A9C better, but a big part of that is the fact that I like riding SS more than a geared bike. If I could, I would sell the SJ, but there is some seriously steep stuff around my house that really isn't a lot of fun on the SS.

Interesting that you have concluded that the RDO rides better. For me, I find it really hard to compare my SS against the SJ; I ride the two bikes very differently. Can you quickly summarize what you like about the RDO better?

Notwithstanding the above, I am keen to read your thoughts about how your A9C compares to the O9RDO.

greedy
    I ride the RDO a lot like I ride my singlespeed. I only use the middle 4 gears or so. I still stand and mash, but can run a bit bigger gear in the flats and a bit easier gear on the climbs. My RDO feels more "alive" to me. It pedals like a carbon bike, but rides more like a steel or titanium bike, if that makes sense. I tried and tried to think of a safe, functional way to run my RDO singlespeed and I know people have done it. Aftermarket EBBs, WI eno hubs, etc... But, I didn't want to do anything that would hurt the frame or was a maintenance nightmare. I guess that I won't truly know how an RDO feels as a singlespeed until I get the 19RDO built. I'm excited.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    One 9 RDO anyone have one yet???-img_0099.jpgOne 9 RDO anyone have one yet???-img_0101.jpg

I posted the same two pics in my build thread of the SS forum. I'll post details there, but everything is in except the wheels, crankset and rotors. Maybe by next weekend everything will have arrived.

Being that I have owned an Air9 scandium and two A9C frames, I'll also post a ride report.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sweet! What size? Looking forward to a RR.

greedy
    Well my fork didn't show up on time, but I went ahead and built it with my Licorice RDO fork off my A9RDO. I raced it today and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say that it is worth upgrading from an A9C unless you have the new bike bug (like me) or want to have the RDO layup in a frame that can be run ss or 1x (like me). My Yellow fork will be here Wednesday. I'll get it cleaned back up and get some pics up then. The yellow is definitely not just yellow. The guy at the LBS did well when he described it as translucent. It almost looks like green in some lighting. My build came in around 19.5 lbs with XT Pedals.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy524 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	866477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	866478

I posted the same two pics in my build thread of the SS forum. I'll post details there, but everything is in except the wheels, crankset and rotors. Maybe by next weekend everything will have arrived.

Being that I have owned an Air9 scandium and two A9C frames, I'll also post a ride report.
    It's unfair it is so gorgeous.
    2x10
    1x1
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    One 9 RDO anyone have one yet???-screen-shot-2014-02-01-11.13.39-pm.jpg

We just built a few for the shop. I can't wait to finish building mine...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X View Post
    It's unfair it is so gorgeous.
    Thank you. I can't wait to see it complete on the scale.

The frame is a medium. It'll have XTR brakes and I9 wheels (24 hole, polished hubs and rims with red spokes). I love the red accents this thing is going to have. The frame comes with red anodized water bottle bolts that have Niner on the top edge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast