Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig View Post
    Too funny - my photo below of my One 9 was taken in the exact same spot. Must be the prime Niner photo op spot in the foothills!
    Hey, it's a great single speed trail (Fat Tire Traverse anyway) - climbing up Trail 5 in the other direction's not too much fun on a SS!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by plussa View Post
    2012 One9 size L

A real beauty...
    Mine is in transit, probably be here tomorrow.
    Large Tang w/ RS Sid fork.
    Do you mind sharing what did you do to have the orange stickers on the fork ?
    (And a close-up photo please....)

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS25 View Post
    Hey, it's a great single speed trail (Fat Tire Traverse anyway) - climbing up Trail 5 in the other direction's not too much fun on a SS!
    Agreed on both. One of my favorite shorter SS rides is starting at the Reserve, heading up Mountain Cove, connecting the Reserve connector to the Freeway to Sidewinder to FTT, down 5 and then over to Shanes and Bucktail. All very doable with a 32/20 gearing and rigid friendly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    KirkC I dig that all black it is HOT...

SPP
    Thanks SPP. I've been riding a Vassago Jabberwocky for about two years and decided to switch to a One 9. Two guys I ride with both have One 9s and like you they have the Niner carbon fork. I love the way those forks look but I could not warm up to the way they felt although I may try it again in the future at some point. The One 9 handling is great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyElite2010 View Post
    The orange stickers are from Niner sticker pack, just ask your dealer...

Actually I already got bored and replaced them with custom-made orange Reba decals from bikesdecals.com. ...And also those will be replaced soon as I already have ordered a tang Niner carbon fork...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'll post. I wasn't in love with the raw color, but I got a great deal on this bike complete. (used...)

I love the Niner, speed-wise I feel its close to my Stumpjumper HT 29er 1x9. When I bought my One 9 (an 09' frame), it had the set screw style ebb..and needed some lovin'. A fresh brake bleed, new Maxxis Ikons, a new carbon handlebar, a new seat, ebb makeover and it found its way into my permanent stable!

I can't say enough good things about Hadley hubs and Salsa Gordo rims as well. They are absolutely bulletproof. Gordos are heavy, especially since you use w/ tubes, but makes for a wide high volume tire on a rigid ride.
    10' Stump 29er Comp HT
    09' Niner One 9 - Rigid

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Actually I already got bored and replaced them with custom-made orange Reba decals from bikesdecals.com. ...And also those will be replaced soon as I already have ordered a tang Niner carbon fork...

Thanks
    How's the quality of the Bikesdecals.com orange stickers ?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi all, i have just picked up a EMD 9 frame to build up into a SS, so far have got Sram x7 cranks, blackspire 31T ring, surly 20T cog, hayes brakes, race face bar and stem, WTB silverado saddle, most likely put a Reba RL fork on. Have been experimenting on an old Giant hardtail to see how i like the whole SS thing. At this stage i race on an Anthem 29er still but i'll try the niner on some tracks as well in the future.

Stu.

mtbr member
    Thanks
    How's the quality of the Bikesdecals.com orange stickers ?
    They are cmyk inkjet printed so the orange is not as bright as in the Niner stickers, but otherwise they are fine.

29er
    Apr 2010
    i liked it so much i copied it
    just a link cuz mine isn't SS

http://dangsr.com/images/bicycle/niner/niner1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stu-2 View Post
    Hi all, i have just picked up a EMD 9 frame to build up into a SS, so far have got Sram x7 cranks, blackspire 31T ring, surly 20T cog, hayes brakes, race face bar and stem, WTB silverado saddle, most likely put a Reba RL fork on. Have been experimenting on an old Giant hardtail to see how i like the whole SS thing. At this stage i race on an Anthem 29er still but i'll try the niner on some tracks as well in the future.

Stu.
    Sweet, I'm in the middle of experimenting with an EMD SS after I sold my Vassago Jabberwocky. I was trying to get a feel for a Niner SS before dishing out for a One or SIR. I'm also on the fence about the EBB. After the first ride with my magic gear set up, I'm actually pretty impressed. I installed a Surly Singleator tensioner the other day as I sometimes go all the way up to a 22T cog. The tensioner does take away some of the simplicity of an SS, including aesthetics, but there's possible huge savings versus going with a One or SIR. I'll post some pics later.

What tensioner were you planning on going with? Anyone else here who has a Niner SS without going with the EBB route?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
    i liked it so much i copied it
    just a link cuz mine isn't SS

The Decals on the RS SID are pretty large and cannot be removed

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Sweet, I'm in the middle of experimenting with an EMD SS after I sold my Vassago Jabberwocky. I was trying to get a feel for a Niner SS before dishing out for a One or SIR. I'm also on the fence about the EBB. After the first ride with my magic gear set up, I'm actually pretty impressed. I installed a Surly Singleator tensioner the other day as I sometimes go all the way up to a 22T cog. The tensioner does take away some of the simplicity of an SS, including aesthetics, but there's possible huge savings versus going with a One or SIR. I'll post some pics later.

What tensioner were you planning on going with? Anyone else here who has a Niner SS without going with the EBB route?
    i have a singlelator as well to use to have that option of moving a couple of cogs if i have too

mtbr member

I call her Vanna.

Here is mine. I've made a few changes since I took these pics. Changed the Stylo cranks to an XO and HBC spiderless ring once I got the parts. Changed the seat to a Tioga Spyder. Other than that I haven't changed a thing. Just a shade under 18lbs. The bike rocks....

See all the images HERE:

mtbr member
    The picture is as good as the bike!
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    My AIR9 with a BEER PF30 eccentric adapter.

Dirty South Underdog
    My first SS was a one nine, followed soon after by an A9C...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Niner Single Speed Thread-img_0597.jpg  

Official Niner Single Speed Thread-a9c.jpg  

Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member

Niner SS

Here is my Niner Air9 carbon SS. Super fast and fun bike. Love the stealth bling.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pedal Dammit!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FewDaysOnTrail View Post
    Here is mine. I've made a few changes since I took these pics. Changed the Stylo cranks to an XO and HBC spiderless ring once I got the parts. Changed the seat to a Tioga Spyder. Other than that I haven't changed a thing. Just a shade under 18lbs. The bike rocks....

See all the images HERE:
    I love these pictures. You need to take more with the recent changes and post them up. I have been trying to decide between a white or black air 9 carbon and i think you just made my decision much easier.

Is the bike under 18lbs with those pedals?

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    fleanutz....nice bike, looks a lot like mine!!

2012 large one9, rdo fork, edge wheels, bontrager rubber, xtr 975 cranks (soon to bet 985/hbc combo), ec90 post and soon a ec90 stem....amazing ss bike!!!!

maybe a 2013 lefty soon.....

"forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

29er zealot

Building...

Starting my build ASAP. Just ordered a large one9 frame in licorice with a nude carbon fork. Build kit is as follows:

Large Niner One9 Frame
    Niner Nude Carbon Tapered fork
    Stan's Crest/ZTR wheelset
    Kenda SB8 rear, nevegal front
    RaceFace Next XC bars
    Thomson Stem
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    Ritchey pro saddle
    Truvativ Stylo 1.1 cranks 32T
    Sram 870 chain
    Endless Cogs 20T
    Elixir 5 brakeset

As soon as everything comes together I'll take some photos and get them up here. After a couple of short neighborhood rides to get everything dialed, it's gonna be a big day in the saddle.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

I am on the same boat, I really cover the Tang RDO fork.
    But since I never road a rigid carbon fork, I don't know if it will be the right move.
    My main concern are going fast downhill and losing control at gnarly rocks or ruts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

I have a very similar build! Have the carbon Rovals instead of the Enve's and Noir SS cranks but almost the same spec otherwise. 18.5lbs.
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Check your emails....Niner just announced the new SIR 9. Site hasn't been updated yet. Tamale Red and Arctic White. Also includes the latest Biocentric II.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Also includes the latest Biocentric II.[/QUOTE]I want a niner SS bad, but will not buy a creaking BB and will not maintain it every month and a half. Is the Biocentric II supossed fix the issue?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast