Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerLex View Post
    Which EBB are you using? Niner's?
    No, it's "Wheels Manufacturing Eccentric BB"
    Wheels Manufacturing Eccentric BB > Components > Drivetrain > Conversion Kits & Parts | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Air 9 RDO

Here's mine:

I have a Wheel's Mfg. EBB. Fits very snug, I had to use a BB press at first use, now it's more loose. Problem Solvers also makes this EBB and of course Niner has their own version as well. I found mine to be the least expensive...

I got some spacers from Endless Biking at NC, and the wheels are I9, the bike feels totally awesome!

I used to have an earlier Carbon Air 9 when they had skewers... the rear wheel tended to become disaligned, not with the new setup though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Niner Single Speed Thread-img_6063.jpg  

Official Niner Single Speed Thread-img_6064.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by herrmannryan View Post
    Attachment 1108450Attachment 1108452Attachment 1108453

Just finished this guy up.

Niner Air 9 RDO frame
    Niner RDO fork
    Stans Crest MK3s laced to red i9 hubs.
    Raceface Next SL G4 cranks
    Enve sweep handlebars
    Sram Level TLM levers and calipers
    ESI racers edge grips
    Niner RDO post
    Tubless Rocket Ron SS front and rear
    Absolute black 34t oval chainring
    Absolute black 18t rear cog
    Surly singleator chain tensioner
    Thomson X4 Elite stem

17.4lbs with pedals.
    Snow just hit here so that is awesome since I now have to stare at this thing all winter.
    Dude. Sweet bike and all that for sure. However you have 10 cent tensioner on a million dollar build. Rennen tensioner. No substitute.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Anybody want to sell me a Large One9 RDO frame? Mine cracked at the bb like the other ones.

I need a large one9 rdo or a 17 large rdo frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Anybody want to sell me a Large One9 RDO frame? Mine cracked at the bb like the other ones.
    Bummer. Have you tried reaching out to Niner to see if they'll cover this?
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Bummer. Have you tried reaching out to Niner to see if they'll cover this?
    My problem isnt that niner wont give me a new frame. My problem is the frames they want to give me. Poop. Not SS race bikes. They cut all but the air rdo and that means all new parts. Nothing on my one9 transfers to an air 9 rdo except stem,bars,seat,brakes. The pf30bb cant take cinch, the seatpost is 27.2 i have an expensive rdo post, the rear is boost, and its not designed as a ss race bike. Its a bike that can take ss and even that is questionable because for all these years niner said no ebb in frames without the metal insert, and then suddenly its okay on the new one. Well with niners history of making defective carbon bb layups and stories already coming in of cracked rdos in ss mode i would rather buy used one 9 rdo and have the same bike ive been racing. We fit like wine and cheese. The new rdo is also slacker geo and i want to run the old rdo fork rigid at 470a/c. So ya, theyll give me a frame, if i can get a used one 9 rdo or air 9 rdo cheap enough i can get an rkt or bsb, rlt or something as my replacement im hoping. My intention was never to imply niner wouldnt get me a frame. Some took it that way and started talking gibberish. Not you. It was in the other thread. Its now been 3 weeks and Niner hasnt emailed me back in regards can the regular new air 9 take the ebb. They are messing around with a loyal customer who starts race season on the 18th. With no race bike as we speak. I guarantee if it was a special or a trek or giant and i was putting those brands on the podium and representing the brand for the lbs and in the community and at races my email asking a simple question would be answered. My dealer handles the getting me a new frame part, i was trying to do my due diligence about what i would want when presented with my options.

mtbr member
    Yeah it's an expensive process trying to get parts swapped. I went through a similar process with another bike - might as well buy it all over again. Just picked up a RKT. I'm tinkering with trying to get the RKT setup as a SS but no luck yet.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Yeah it's an expensive process trying to get parts swapped. I went through a similar process with another bike - might as well buy it all over again. Just picked up a RKT. I'm tinkering with trying to get the RKT setup as a SS but no luck yet.
    What about a yess tensioner?

I actually just picked up a super cheap procaliber 9.9 so now ill try and get a rkt or jet 9 outta my rdo. If you are familiar with mountain bike radio the show just riding along the guy Kenny on there has his jet9 a ss and has an rkt. Might be worth asking him for advice dialing in your rkt ss.

mtbr member
    Haven't tried a Yess tensioner but it seems to be discontinued. Didn't know about the radio show but thanks for the tip, I've reached out to Kenny!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I just ordered 2017 air 9 rdo and biocentric 30 . Niner says you can use bio 30 on the (new air 9 rdo boost frame only ) I hope it's going to work out with no issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Love me some JRA!

mtbr member
    Question...has anyone upgraded to titanium bolts for the niner BioCentric II? i have one that is missing and the other is rusting out and i was thinking about trying titanium.

Just curious on bolt dimensions if someone has done this.

ty,

E

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gexas View Post
    Question...has anyone upgraded to titanium bolts for the niner BioCentric II? i have one that is missing and the other is rusting out and i was thinking about trying titanium.

Just curious on bolt dimensions if someone has done this.

ty,

E
    Just dont ask niner what bolts to use. They told me the wrong ones on their own product. Idiots. Ill find my receipt and edit this post. Pretty sure they are 12mm and Niner told me 16. Which is just unacceptable.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Not sure, but don't ti bolts stretch more? THis could cause creaking. I was thinking Nitrided; they should stretch less than plain steel and are really hard to rust or corrode.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'd use stainless, in a decent grade. I wouldn't use Ti.

mtbr member
    ok for some reason i thought these bolts were bigger(longer) than what they were. These are the same size-almost as what mounts my brake caliper. no need to upgrade to titanium for this but ace hardware should have stainless steel i can grab.

ty,
    E

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gexas View Post
    ok for some reason i thought these bolts were bigger(longer) than what they were. These are the same size-almost as what mounts my brake caliper. no need to upgrade to titanium for this but ace hardware should have stainless steel i can grab.

ty,
    E
    Home depot for a $1.50 i got mine

mtbr member
    rock'n roll..thanks

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910