Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niners being (gasp) ridden

50K views 279 replies 114 participants last post by  chris1911 
#1 ·
OK
We have enough pics of Niner's lent against garage doors, kitchen benches, sofa's, stair cases, brick walls, fences and just about any other inanimate object that there is.
It is time for a thread devoted to Niner's of all models, actually being ridden.
It is also a good chance to see how ordinary our Niner brother's and sister's heads are.

I will start with my ordinary head taken at a recent 100km race.

See less See more
#54 · (Edited)
RIP 9 in NM....Turners Eating My Dust!!

You can see the sneak to my right but with the BIG wheels why sneak when you can roll right over those rocks!

Yes that is a 26" TURNER RFX "BEHIND ME" !!!:D
I just got lucky and started down the trail before he did.:ciappa: :ihih:
BTW...He is a REALLY GOOD RIDER:thumbsup:

The last picture is when I was going to SLOW
My front wheel slipped off the stupid log and I tried to correct but my front wheel turned to far...mean while my back wheel stayed on the log ...regardless I went OTB...

Attachments

#58 ·
Chama Trip

Great Photo
Im hoping to get to Fruita again this summer and then hit the Lunch Loops in GJ.
Here are a few pictures from last summers trip to find the headwaters of the Chama river in NM and CO. We found the falls and huge rock gardens! Unfortunately there wasnt much ST....but it was the best Hike-A-Bike I ever went on:D

Attachments

#60 ·
Air9Ryan said:
Great photos of the Chama area! Have fun in Fruita!
Last summer "July" was the first time I rode Fruita...we ripped through 22 miles of ST and it wore me out....Unfortunately I tried riding the Lunch Loops (again my first time) in GJ the next day and I only made it 2 miles before I said "UNCLE"

Im hoping this trip will be better:thumbsup:

#61 ·
pcupach said:
Last summer "July" was the first time I rode Fruita...we ripped through 22 miles of ST and it wore me out....Unfortunately I tried riding the Lunch Loops (again my first time) in GJ the next day and I only made it 2 miles before I said "UNCLE"

Im hoping this trip will be better:thumbsup:
In nice words it stinks that you don't feel your best on days you are far away from home. This trip, I only felt like myself on one day out of 4. The first three days I could not do anything right while riding. The last day, the day the picture was taken, I was finally starting to ride like I knew I could.

It must have really been hot in July!

#71 · (Edited)
Bonked.

I came dead last in the pro/expert class this weekend at a national enduro race.

I started pretty well and it just got worse and I bonked after 3.5hrs. Finished after 4.5 hours, a full 1.5 hours after the leader.

I sucked, but with 25 dnf`s I wasn`t the only one hurtin` on this tough course.

Some I loose, some I loose badly.

:D

ps, I think a jet would have been easier on my body..... lots of full suspension bikes out there this weekend.

#75 ·
fux said:
I came dead last in the pro/expert class this weekend at a national enduro race.

I started pretty well and it just got worse and I bonked after 3.5hrs. Finished after 4.5 hours, a full 1.5 hours after the leader.

I sucked, but with 25 dnf`s I wasn`t the only one hurtin` on this tough course.

Some I loose, some I loose badly.

:D

ps, I think a jet would have been easier on my body..... lots of full suspension bikes out there this weekend.
The Jet was awesome on that course. It was in much better shape than my legs :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.