mtbr member

Niner on steepandcheap

Did anyone buy a carbon rip from Daily Deals - Discount Outdoor Clothing & Gear | Steep & Cheap. they listed 20+ in each size with huge discount this morning. I believe it was 60 or 70% off. There are only some hardtails available now and in sold out section it does not show they had the RIP...

mtbr member
    What was the price from earlier on the RIP 9 RDO?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Did anyone buy a carbon rip from Daily Deals - Discount Outdoor Clothing & Gear | Steep & Cheap. they listed 20+ in each size with huge discount this morning. I believe it was 60 or 70% off. There are only some hardtails available now and in sold out section it does not show they had the RIP...
    Apparently it was a pricing error. They had it listed for $799.99, but when I tried to purchase it the transaction timed out. I called and was told it was listed in error and was removed.

I purchased the RIP 9 RDO from Competitive Cyclist on Monday for $1739 and was a bit surprised Steep and Cheap would have the same frame for $940 less since they are sister companies. If I were lucky enough to get it for $799.99 I was planning to return the one I bought Monday.

mtbr member
    I don't remember exactly. But it was dirt cheap. Blue Carbon RIP. Since they have disappeared, it might have been a mistake on their part.
    When they still had them on it showed 18 out of 21 or so still available in M. They had about 20 listed in every size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I don't remember exactly. But it was dirt cheap. Blue Carbon RIP. Since they have disappeared, it might have been a mistake on their part.
    When they still had them on it showed 18 out of 21 or so still available in M. They had about 20 listed in every size.
    Definitely an error as Backcountry only has 3 XL left in inventory. I'm waiting to scoop up a Medium and XL once they drop to 50% off or more. At $799, I'd buy a gross and flip on Ebay lol.