Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Niner RLT9

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Niner RLT9

Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    Want! Anyone have advice on sizing? This wi be my first road-ish bike.

I'm 5'10, 31" inseam.
    I'm the same height with slightly longer legs and went with the 56cm. Niner recommends the 56 for folks 5'8" to 6'. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the next size down is a 53cm which seems too small for our height unless you have a very short reach.

mtbr member
    Trumpus, 53cm sounds ideal for you. But I would go to your LBS to properly size.
    I am 6'1" with 34" inseam, I will be running a 56cm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    LBS called and the RLT is in! I got the 105 version--can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Niner RLT9-image.jpg
    The frame is in but I am still waiting on a few things to come in before it can be put together.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Niner RLT9

Bah, I'm jealous! Mine was supposed to be at the shop on the 15th, but hasn't come in yet. Hoping to get it before a mid march gravel ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just picked up the 2-star; 53cm RLT9 today! I think it's awesome--but it's pouring here and didn't feel like riding today.

More pics here:
    Niner RLT9 2014 - Imgur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner RLT9-ylf9jmt.jpg  

mtbr member

Niner RLT9

Quote Originally Posted by pwetstar View Post
    Just picked up the 2-star; 53cm RLT9 today! I think it's awesome--but it's pouring here and didn't feel like riding today.

More pics here:
    Niner RLT9 2014 - Imgur
    Looks awesome! Want one so bad!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The bike looks beautiful. How are the wheels? The 2 star build looked like pretty good quality, but I wondered if they cut corners on the wheels a bit to get to that fairly attractive price point. Looking forward to ride reports.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Unfortunately, I am relatively new and can't tell the nuances of different wheel qualities. Any specific thing I should be looking for when on/off a ride?

mtbr member
    We built this RLT up last week.

Really happy with how it came together! The full cable routing is nice and with Shimano PTFE cables there is no perceivable drag. The tire clearance is MASSIVE.

Ultegra 6800 11 speed 46/35 crank and 11-32 cassette
    RDO Post
    WTB Ti rail Saddle
    FSA Flat top shallow drop bar
    Niner Aluminum Stem
    ZIPP Service Course CX bar tape
    Shimano CX77 Calipers
    Stan No Tubes Iron Cross Wheelset
    Clement Xplor MSO 40's
    DT Swiss RWS 9mm through bolt on front wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner RLT9-img_4352.jpg  

Niner RLT9-img_4353.jpg  

Niner RLT9-img_4354.jpg  

Niner RLT9-img_4355.jpg  

Pro Mountain Outfitters
    www.promountainoutfitters.com

Like us on FaceBook

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    As you ride more you will see that wheels are one of the things that greatly influence the performance of a bike. Some roll better, some feel more solid, some are more durable. I would be most interested to hear how these wheels compare to the Stan's that are on the 4 star build. You shouldn't worry about that and just go out and ride that sweet bike! Are you taking it on gravel or are you in a place where the weather let's you get on some trails? Enjoy! It is beautiful!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Picked mine up and was able to ride yesterday. Mostly on the road due to rain, but hit a few neighborhood park paths. Awesome ride, and very comfortable. The Sammy Slicks aren't bad, but I'll probably get some beefier tires once I set up my Crest wheelset on it (tubeless, obviously).

Always Learning
    Dang!!!! 18 week delivery date for the 62cm from Jenson (for the mint). 18 weeks!!!! That removes this season from the equation...

mtbr member
    Bruce, was that for the complete or just the frameset. Looking to pickup just the frameset..

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelgunz View Post
    Bruce, was that for the complete or just the frameset. Looking to pickup just the frameset..
    Both say "Usually ships in 17-18 weeks"...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    So you waited until one of the most talked about bikes of the year was shipping to start the order process? I bet they are sold out until late 2016! They look awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Niner RLT9

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleForScience View Post
    So you waited until one of the most talked about bikes of the year was shipping to start the order process? I bet they are sold out until late 2016! They look awesome!
    Eh, we've all been burned by that. It's why ordered mine in September.

Speaking of which here she is in her final form. Now only if the rain would let up and I could shake this cold...

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleForScience View Post
    No, I was just commenting. The size HUGE is available in the full build of the grey frame, but I'm not eyeing that one. I don't know if they have even produced the mint in size HUGE yet. It was scheduled to be coming later in an earlier report I read about it, and now I know when that "later" is....18 weeks from now.

There are other "talked about" bikes for gravel grinding I'm looking at as well. We size HUGE's have very little to pick from these days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Got 2 star build size 53 today (21.0 lbs w/o pedals)! I've been looking at this bike since it was announced. As soon as I took it for a test ride, I knew it was to be mine. BB5's got to go. I am thinking TRP HY/RD.

mtbr member
    Niner RLT9-image.jpgThe build on my 47cm is coming along. Two snags so far. The BB was very, very difficult to press in. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue. 2nd one that really stumps me is that there is a sticker right in the frame that says it uses a 31.8 front derailleur. Well it does not fit, but a 34.9 does.

mtbr member
    I put the first 30 miles on last Sunday. It's the first time I've ridden a 'skinny' tire bike since the early 1990's. It took a bit of time to adjust to drop bars and steering, but after a few miles, I felt very comfortable in the saddle. Although my mountain/fat bikes will still be my go-to bikes, the RLT will be nice to have this during the Spring & Fall months when the trails are unridable. I plan on some gravel treks very soon.
    I bought a two star complete, and the only change I made was to move from a 90mm to 110 stem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Got my HUGE (62cm) 2 star build up and running last week. Still haven't wrapped the bars as I'm playing with hood/bar positioning. First road/CX/gravel bike ever so its gonna take some getting used to. Build came in right under 24 lbs. I sometimes just like to sit in my garage and stare at it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner RLT9-rltweb.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^ Lookin good. Are you planning to keep that amount if spacers on steerer tube below the stem? How tall are you? I would likely get that size as well. Thanks
    - MOOTS Mooto X
    - Salsa Fargo
    - Surly Pugsley
    - Cannondale SL4 29

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yes, I'm 6'4" with a gut so a lot of handlebar drop gets uncomfortable. Thats a full steerer. In that pic I hand't adjusted the seat height yet, bars are about an inch below my seat now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Test rode 2-star builds of the 53 and 56 today. The 56 was much more comfortable than the 53, I am 5'9 with a 30" inseam. My initial thought - I really like the bike, but Niner should be embarrassed speccing this with BB5s. Also, the downshift lever on the 105s had some seriously sharp edges...felt odd.

The Campy cantilever brakes on my mid 90's Bianchi road bike (which I rode to the shop) had better stopping power. BB7s aren't a huge leap in cost but are way better brakes (I've got them on both my Sir9 singlespeed as well as my Comotion Americano).

I've got the local shop building up the 4* 56 they had in stock and will try that out this week. I don't have the time right now to build a complete bike up myself.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast