Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 139
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Still need a front der for an MCR? There's a good deal on a lightly used XT over on the Serotta forums right now. (forums.serotta.com)

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by gdirrty View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a SS build with an MCR frame. What tensioner are (were) you using with this bike? Have you tried running the Niner steel fork with this setup?
    Not sure if anyone answered this, but I've been using the Yess ETR/V tensioner. I had to tweak it a few times (I kept dropping my chain), but it's been working great since. I like how there are multiple tensioning options on this tensioner.

    ETR/V / bike chain tensioners and other goodies / your friends at yess labs

    I've run SS with both a Fox fork and the Niner steel fork and they both work great.

  3. #78
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,755
    My current MCR build...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner MCR photos/builds-dsc_0099.jpg  

    Niner MCR photos/builds-dsc_0097.jpg  

    Niner MCR photos/builds-dsc_0094.jpg  

    Niner MCR photos/builds-dsc_0087.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9
    My MCR is almost done.... painfully close. I ended up getting a new XT 2x10 group, but the rear brake didn't come with the adapter to connect it to the frame. I'm having trouble finding a part number for this. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

    THANKS!

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PanFry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    747

    Am

    So here is the latest version w/FOX TALAS 120mm./95mm. & the Gravity Dropper (Both of which are incredible and contribute to an even more buttery ride!):






    Steel AM Goodness!

    *These were pre-ride pics and I have since adjusted the saddle..

    Here is the before pic:



    Thanks For Looking!

    PF

    EXCUSES ARE THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN OF FAILURE.

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBikeJoe View Post
    My MCR is almost done.... painfully close. I ended up getting a new XT 2x10 group, but the rear brake didn't come with the adapter to connect it to the frame. I'm having trouble finding a part number for this. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

    THANKS!
    You're going to need a 74mm Post to 51mm IS adapter. The size of the rotor will determine which adapter that you need. Universal Cycles sells the adapters for $10. The part numbers for this type of rear caliper adapter are ISMMAR160PSA, ISMMAR180PSA and ISMMAR203PSA.

  7. #82
    Abby Normal
    Reputation: Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    531
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2011 EMD 9 frame from JensonUSA - Niner EMD 9 Frame '11 at JensonUSA.com. Pretty good deal I think- 330 +8 bucks shipping. Went with a LG moondust frame + Salsa seatpost clamp and a Cane Creek S-3 headset.

    Got a 100mm Reba RL fork, LX 3x9 drivetrain, Control Tech 2-bolt seatpost and Pure V saddle in the parts bin ready to go. Stem and bars TBD.

    Wheels I am on the fence about. Jenson has these Arch / SRAM x9 wheels for a pretty good price - Stan's Arch 29'Er / Sram X.9 Wheel at JensonUSA.com. QR set would be about 345 + shipping. No experience with those SRAM hubs though. Thoughts?

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PanFry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    747

    huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2011 EMD 9 frame from JensonUSA - Niner EMD 9 Frame '11 at JensonUSA.com. Pretty good deal I think- 330 +8 bucks shipping. Went with a LG moondust frame + Salsa seatpost clamp and a Cane Creek S-3 headset.

    Got a 100mm Reba RL fork, LX 3x9 drivetrain, Control Tech 2-bolt seatpost and Pure V saddle in the parts bin ready to go. Stem and bars TBD.

    Wheels I am on the fence about. Jenson has these Arch / SRAM x9 wheels for a pretty good price - Stan's Arch 29'Er / Sram X.9 Wheel at JensonUSA.com. QR set would be about 345 + shipping. No experience with those SRAM hubs though. Thoughts?
    not trying to be a jerk, but what does this post have to do with MCR builds/pics? That is a totally decent price on the wheelset btw.

    EXCUSES ARE THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN OF FAILURE.

  9. #84
    Abby Normal
    Reputation: Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by PanFry View Post
    not trying to be a jerk, but what does this post have to do with MCR builds/pics? That is a totally decent price on the wheelset btw.
    LOL - because I am a dumb-ass and can't read apparently ;-)

    Actually noticed that Universal Cycles has a Flows / SRAM x.9 wheelset for the same price, that's the ticket for me I think.

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: montclairbobbyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    119

    My Niner MCRs

    My Niners... I have 2... (always 1 avail, and often I have a spare to lend) This bike is so awesome, after riding my orange MCR for the past few years, I decided to build another with similar, but slightly nicer components. NinerOne has a Salsa Cromoto Grande fork; NinerTwo has the Niner fork. NinerOne has Hadley hubs; NinerTwo, Chris King. Both have Stan's Arch Rims, XO gripshifters and XO rear derailers. NinerOne has XT disc brakes; NinerTwo has Hope Mono Mini. NinerOne is orange; NinerTwo is gold. Both has SLX cranks, but NinerTwo are deannodized, polished silver. Both have Thomson stems and seatposts; NinerOne in black; NinerTwo in silver. Brooks B17s on both... THESE BIKES ARE AMAZING.


  11. #86
    banned
    Reputation: Mojo Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by montclairbobbyb View Post
    My Niners... I have 2... (always 1 avail, and often I have a spare to lend) This bike is so awesome, after riding my orange MCR for the past few years, I decided to build another with similar, but slightly nicer components. NinerOne has a Salsa Cromoto Grande fork; NinerTwo has the Niner fork. NinerOne has Hadley hubs; NinerTwo, Chris King. Both have Stan's Arch Rims, XO gripshifters and XO rear derailers. NinerOne has XT disc brakes; NinerTwo has Hope Mono Mini. NinerOne is orange; NinerTwo is gold. Both has SLX cranks, but NinerTwo are deannodized, polished silver. Both have Thomson stems and seatposts; NinerOne in black; NinerTwo in silver. Brooks B17s on both... THESE BIKES ARE AMAZING.

    Why build two bikes that are basically the exact same?

    Really enjoy my MCR. However, I have no desire to build another. Next bike will be custom with shorter chain stays.

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: montclairbobbyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Why build two bikes that are basically the exact same?

    Why? Because I can... and I want essentially the same bike, but with slight differences.

  13. #88
    4 Niners
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,885
    Because everyone should have a "friend" bike. Although my friend bike idea is to have 4 different bikes and let the friend choose and I ride something else. I have: Sir9 full rigid SS, One9 hardtail (obviously SS), Sir9 geared hardtail, Jet9 Obviously geared and full suspension)
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    It was originally a root beer frame, but I had it stripped and powdercoated to match the fork.
    Did you clear coat over the new decals? If you did, what exactly did you have done? Looking for some info for my frame.

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: montclairbobbyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy View Post
    Because everyone should have a "friend" bike. Although my friend bike idea is to have 4 different bikes and let the friend choose and I ride something else. I have: Sir9 full rigid SS, One9 hardtail (obviously SS), Sir9 geared hardtail, Jet9 Obviously geared and full suspension)
    Best of all worlds... NICE!!!

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by fpugsley View Post
    Did you clear coat over the new decals? If you did, what exactly did you have done? Looking for some info for my frame.
    Yes, I just sprayed some clear enamel over the decals.

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27
    the mcr is the best looking 29er frame available
    looking for a large in root beer red or moondust grey with matching rigid fork

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: quattrokid73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    382
    23.5 lbs of trail bike goodness. 1x10 XO 100mm F29 RLC.

    Yes.


    Untitled by Hammerman Adam, on Flickr
    Abington Wheel Wright Freeride Crew

    2011 Trek Session 8

    2012 Trek Remedy 9

    2012 Niner MCR 9

    SND. CPS.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63
    Did your front x9 derailleur come with a 28.6 adapter?

    Does anyone know what size Hope seat post clamp will fit the MCR?


    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmonk View Post
    Medium
    X9 group 2x10, 26-39 Crank, 12-36 Cassette
    Stan Crest with 2.2 Ikon tires tubeless
    Reba 100mm
    Thomson seatpost and stem
    24.5 lbs.

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by warwagon View Post
    Does anyone know what size Hope seat post clamp will fit the MCR?
    I don't have a Hope clamp, but I know the Salsa 30.0 works.

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    160
    [QUOTE=warwagon;9027440]Did your front x9 derailleur come with a 28.6 adapter?

    No adapter, I had one in my toolbox...

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by warwagon View Post
    Does anyone know what size Hope seat post clamp will fit the MCR?
    Hope 30.0 fits, I have one.

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63
    [QUOTE=mtbmonk;9029317]
    Quote Originally Posted by warwagon View Post
    Did your front x9 derailleur come with a 28.6 adapter?

    No adapter, I had one in my toolbox...
    Good thing I grabbed a 1 1/4"-1 1/8"

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    134

    my first 29er: Rohloff MCR

    ...this is the fresh build; in the meanwhile I did around 400km on this bike, absolutely enjoy it. I was about to get a Fox-fork for summer, but so far I really like it this way, maybe IŽll keep it full rigid for some time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner MCR photos/builds-p1000644.jpg  

    Niner MCR photos/builds-p1000646.jpg  


  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63
    Uh oh... a 119 lb box is being delivered to me tomorrow! Hope it doesn't weigh that much when I assemble it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •