mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Niner frame colors dissapeared from website?

What has happened to the color choice on Niner bikes and forks? Seems at least half of the color choices have been removed from the website as of last weekend.
    Last edited by nikk; 03-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Fat & Single
    .... maybe im living in a timewarp but what happened the MCR9 ?
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I think the mcr9 is no more in production.

Fat & Single
    It definately seems like it, I wondered if I missed a thread about it on here or has it just dissappeared recently ?
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

29ers Only.
    Hi All -

Thanks for checking our site out. If you ever have questions about Niner stuff, Ralph in Fort Collins is available to talk to you. Just call us, we are happy to hear from you. 8776463792.

There has been no "over the weekend reduction" in color choices, perhaps you are not clicking on the info tab for the full list of features and colors? We did just recently move some tabs around and are still making some adjustments to the site.

We have, over the past 3 years, changed the color selection of our forks. The RDO carbon fork is available in 5 colors that reflect the colors we have offered in tapered headtube hardtails over the past couple of seasons. The the standard QR tapered and 1-1/8" forks are available in nude carbon and white options. Our steel fork is limited to black only. We did previously offer other colors in the QR forks, but as an example, it has been a long while since we made a Rootbeer bike, and keeping Rootbeer forks in stock in 1-1/8" option in stock just isn't practical.

If you ever have a bike you are trying to match a color for, even a color that was never in the Niner range, we do offer unpainted carbon forks to qualified framebuilders and painters. We are happy to set this up - just give us a call.

The MCR 9 model was discontinued last year, for a lot of the same reasons we reduced the number of colors we offer in 1-1/8th forks. We wanted to make room for new steel development projects, such as the long travel steel hardtail MTBr members are helping us to name right now.

Cheers,
    Carla

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    There has been no "over the weekend reduction" in color choices, perhaps you are not clicking on the info tab for the full list of features and colors? We did just recently move some tabs around and are still making some adjustments to the site.
    Thanks for the reply Carla

Examples I am seeing:

Air 9 AIR 9 seems to be missing the white/raw and orange/black colors?

Air 9 Carbon AIR 9 CARBON or Air 9 RDO AIR 9 RDO seem to be missing some frame colors I think (Orange? Green?)

I was mistakenly looking at the Tapered Fork instead of the RDO fork, so that mystery is solved, thanks! But what about the frames?

29ers Only.
    We don't do model years, but we do change colors periodically. These are our newest color options, they were introduced last fall.

Cheers,
    C

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    But all the color options for those frames are not showing on the website?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    For the sake of clarity, can you list here the current frame colors for the following models:

Air 9
    Air 9 Carbon
    Air 9 RDO

thanks!

29ers Only.
    The color options on the site are the current options -
    Air 9 RDO - Licorice Black, Niner Green
    Air 9 Carbon - LIcorice Black, Moondust
    Air 9 - Tamale/Raw, Moondust/Black

Cheers,
    C

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks Carla. Something is up then, because you had, in addition to the colors you listed above, the following colors on your site till about last weekend:

Air 9 RDO - Arctic White - as still up at Jungle Products Ltd | Niner

Air 9 Carbon - Niner orange, Arctic White - as still up at Jungle Products Ltd | Niner

Air 9 - Niner orange, White/raw, Licorice - as still up at Jungle Products Ltd | Niner

So I'm still confused. These colors were on your site last week. If they have been discontinued, ok, or if your site had been out of date, ok, but they were for sure up there.

I don't understand, for example, why you would have forks in Niner Orange when you didn't have any frames in that color?

29ers Only.
    The colors that are currently on the website are the colors that we have in production. Some of the colors have been removed from the site over the last few weeks as they are no longer in production the bikes that you have sited above. There certainly maybe dealers or distributors that have them available in there inventory, they are just not current production colors for us. As for the Niner Orange forks we have a One 9 that that matches up with quite well. We also have riders that may have old production color frames that are choosing to switch from a suspended fork setup to a rigid setup, therefore we keep these active. Nice catch on the site updates! We try keep the website fresh and up to date and you will periodically see changes on the site such as this.

Thanks,
    Brad

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks Brad, sorry for the OCD.

Wot no Niner Orange for the hardtails? best color IMHO.

mtbr member
    Niner Rep,

While we're on the topic of things you sell, is there any way to buy a WTB Volt with Niner logo like the Jet 9 Carbon comes with? I'd love to buy one for my build.