Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 78
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,606

    Niner frame blowout at Bike Bling....

    Just got an email about a Niner frame sale at BB....

    Air 9 carbon for $1289...

    Jet 9 RDO Carbon for $1649...

    Air 9 (2012) for $510

    Air 9 (2011) for $415

  2. #2
    COTA member
    Reputation: Dry Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    964

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    Competitive Cycle will price match if you ask them!!

  4. #4
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    I'm resisting so HARD.
    "I absolutely do not need an Air 9 RDO." <repeat as necessary>
    <Insert Quiver>

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    449
    Niner frames at these prices? You know you want to go for it.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    761
    That a9rdo price is insane~~!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Couldn't resist. MCR moondust gray $515 shipped!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    105
    they are getting read of old inventory to introduce a new xc frame. same geo as the air 9 rdo but in full suspension

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    62

    somebody stop me

    Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

    What am I missing here?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    I have a brand new EMD 9 frame and a brand new Niner carbon fork sitting in my bedroom waiting to be built for Spring...now this deal comes up...I am thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on an Air 9 RDO...I'm not sure what I would do with the EMD...but that is such a sweet deal it's hard to resist!!!

    My biggest issue is that I prefer to support my local shop...it's a small shop and it's the shop that will be building my bike since I don't know how to build a bike!

  11. #11
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by tneker View Post
    Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

    What am I missing here?
    Nothing, other than Niner makes some changes to this model and released the new version so they must have a bunch left over they need to move. To my mind the changes are not significant enough to justify paying $900-1000 more, so I pulled the trigger on one myself.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    62

    Thanks Santa

    Trigger pulled, can't wait to build it up. It's going to be a long winter though.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbpri View Post
    they are getting read of old inventory to introduce a new xc frame. same geo as the air 9 rdo but in full suspension
    Selling the dated stockage of frame is more profitable than holding on to it. Those RDO V1.0 frames have been around for more than a year, and didn't sell. Time to let them go at a fair market value instead of the inflated cost they used to be. Plus more Niner frames on the trails = more word of mouth advertising.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Screw it...couldn't resist...pulled the trigger...Air 9 RDO is on the way!!!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: danvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    138
    Competitive Cycle price matched for me. Their Customer Service is just top notch.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by danvar View Post
    Competitive Cycle price matched for me. Their Customer Service is just top notch.
    And are V1.1 frames too, BTW..

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by tneker View Post
    Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

    What am I missing here?

    It not what you're missing, you just got one of the best deals on one of the best frames available, its what others are missing out on. They will be kicking themselves like I will for not further loading up the credit card for such an incredible deal. My wife got hers a month ago for 300 more and I thought that was the best we would see. Damn. I need to sell something.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    I just bought a RIP for a little less than this two months ago. Should I sell the RIP? Am I gonna miss the extra inch of travel in the back, and the ability to run 140 up front?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: danvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    I just bought a RIP for a little less than this two months ago. Should I sell the RIP? Am I gonna miss the extra inch of travel in the back, and the ability to run 140 up front?
    I just sold mine to get the RDO.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by danvar View Post
    I just sold mine to get the RDO.
    Just the frame? How much we you able to sell it for?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    I just bought a RIP for a little less than this two months ago. Should I sell the RIP? Am I gonna miss the extra inch of travel in the back, and the ability to run 140 up front?
    The leverage ratio/valving on the RDO actually felt plusher than the Rip and as other have stated, the RDO is a very capable bike. If you are an all mtn rider always looking for rough technical trails, maybe not.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,420
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,495
    Dang, the Bike Bling prices are very close to what I was quoted for a crash replacement.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by etanc View Post
    The leverage ratio/valving on the RDO actually felt plusher than the Rip and as other have stated, the RDO is a very capable bike. If you are an all mtn rider always looking for rough technical trails, maybe not.
    I think your last sentence describes me in philosophy, but I find myself more on XCish trails. I don't know how I'd feel knowing I'd given up a bike that's a bit better for what I like best, even if I'm not on those trails all the time.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Boo!! Bike bling just canceled my order and sent my money back to PayPal. No email or phone call just a refund notice from PayPal. When I called to see what's up they weren't very helpful. "It's unavailable" is what I was told and "I don't think they make that frame anymore" (MCR). Should have known. Last order took a month to arrive (egg beater pedals). Bike Bling.. All flash. No class.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    I haven't ordered from Bike Bling before...but I have ordered from JensonUSA...so I requested a price match...and bought it from them instead. Also...saved a few $ on the shipping through JensonUSA.

  27. #27
    COTA member
    Reputation: Dry Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    964
    I have ordered from Bikebling a few times. No problems, but it can take a while (a couple weeks) to get the ordered items. I was able to use coupon code "REALDEAL" even when the item said they were not eligible.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    100
    Why isn't the new one9 part of this? I am having a hard time finding a used medium one9 frame. I wish they had a new one discounted like the other niner models

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    Checkout OO for their RDO sale and all their color matched RDO components! Call and ask what they can do if it isn't discounted...yet! Trust me, I did!
    Can't wait till it get here.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.
    Are you replacing the HT or FS? Im trying to resist picking up a HT RDO.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Are you replacing the or FS? Im trying to resist picking up a HT RDO.
    Picked up a Jet 9 RDO to replace the FS. Get the RDO HT!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,058

    took you long enough!

    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.
    A 2013 at the cost of the 2012? Nice! Took you long enough to catch on to Niner, I've had my Jet 9 RDO since about September. So much fun on Santa Cruz trails.

    Btw, drop me a PM/email, we should ride soon.

    -jim

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    A 2013 at the cost of the 2012? Nice! Took you long enough to catch on to Niner, I've had my Jet 9 RDO since about September. So much fun on Santa Cruz trails.

    Btw, drop me a PM/email, we should ride soon.

    -jim
    Jim! Sounds like a plan. I'll PM once I get it built up!

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    Boo!! Bike bling just canceled my order and sent my money back to PayPal. No email or phone call just a refund notice from PayPal. When I called to see what's up they weren't very helpful. "It's unavailable" is what I was told and "I don't think they make that frame anymore" (MCR). Should have known. Last order took a month to arrive (egg beater pedals). Bike Bling.. All flash. No class.


    i second that.. bikebling sucks.. never again.. i'll take my business elsewhere..

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

    Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    35
    FYI: for better Niner price than BikeBling.. check outsideoutfitters.com

    JET 9 RDO carbon:

    Bikebling: $1,649.00
    Outsideoutfitters: $1,548.94

    that's $100.06 savings right there on the JET9 RDO..
    Last edited by MentalSpine; 12-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalSpine View Post
    FYI: for better Niner price than BikeBling.. check outsideoutfitters.com

    JET 9 RDO carbon:

    Bikebling: $1,649.00
    Outsideoutfitters: $1,548.94

    that's $100.06 savings right there on the JET9 RDO..
    SO tempting. If nothing else, all of this blowout stuff has made me really think about what I want my bike to be. Perhaps in a move to take my RIP further away from a JET RDO (to justify not purchasing one, in part) I've put the Maxle kit on, a bigger rear tire, and am contemplating a 140mm Fox 34. Trying to make my bike a bit burlier than the JET RDO.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    376
    The VERY nice folks at Competitive Cyclist price matched the OO price for me yesterday. But they had the nerve to charge $15 for shipping.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by tri-tele View Post
    The VERY nice folks at Competitive Cyclist price matched the OO price for me yesterday. But they had the nerve to charge $15 for shipping.

    what.. got free shipping from OO..

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalSpine View Post
    what.. got free shipping from OO..
    I ordered my Jet 9 RDO a couple of months ago, they have an unlimited return policy. I plan on calling to see what they might be willing to do for the $700 price drop (on featured bike). I'm not expecting the difference, but curious what they have to say. I have more parts I need.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

    Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.
    To cancel an order and not notify the customer is beyond bad customer service. (Only found out because pp notified me). BTW ordered within 24hrs of 1st posting of sale. The fact that when I called to see what happened I got the distinct vibe that they could care less. Use bike bling if you like. But the are many other shops with outstanding customer service who price match. Just thought I'd share my experience. One way we can call folks out for bad customer service and get our hard earned dollars flowing to more reputable shops.
    Last edited by Flashtastic; 12-24-2012 at 11:53 AM.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by tri-tele View Post
    The VERY nice folks at Competitive Cyclist price matched the OO price for me yesterday. But they had the nerve to charge $15 for shipping.
    Yeah I jumped in for a Jet 9 RDO too. Called Comp Cyclist and they priced matched O.O. too and charged me the $15. They said they have to match exactly as the competitor is advertising. They told me that shipping on OO is $15, but still a smokin deal nonetheless!

    Edit: Found out that O.O. does have free shipping on orders over $111, but a $20 shipping charge for "oversize" orders, this is what customer service told me. So Comp. Cyclist is correct on the on the $15.

    Soon I'll have my vanna white Jet 9 RDO. I've been told I won't miss my Tallboy Carbon with it's 12x142 axle. Now I'm trying to decide on a front fork white fork or a black fork.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    To cancel an order and not notify the customer is beyond bad customer service. (Only found out because pp notified me). BTW ordered within 24hrs of 1st posting of sale. The fact that when I called to see what happened I got the distinct vibe that they could care less. Use bike bling if you like. But the are many other shops with outstanding customer service who price match. Just thought I'd share my experience. One way we can call folks out for bad customer service and get our hard earned dollars flowing to more reputable shops.
    I agree with you on most of your points, but without BB or OO, in this case, yours and my favorite place with the best customer service (CC) wouldn't have a price that low to match.

    I guess another way to call out shops is here on mtbr. Worked for a guy who dealt with Hammerhead...

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    I guess another way to call out shops is here on mtbr. Worked for a guy who dealt with Hammerhead...
    Speaking of H.H., they too are running the Jet 9 RDO frame for $1699! Not sure what their shipping costs are.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    170
    You guys are really fortunate with these prices. We in Europe still pay top $$$ for those frames.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    132
    I picked up an RDO for $1505 shipped from bigkahunabicycles.com

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,240
    Criticalmass, how did you find that deal? Wow...

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    504
    I haven't heard or seen word of updates to these frames for next year, so what's driving these big discounts? Did these Niner frames have bad sales numbers for 2012?

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    They're releasing a newer version. Something about a carbon rocker and a couple of other things.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Criticalmass, how did you find that deal? Wow...
    Bought a Rip9 from them a couple of years ago and they posted the deal on Facebook.

    ON the changes and discounts:

    My understanding is the new RDOs have a 142mm rear axle and carbon rockers. As opposed to years past when everything seemed to be delayed, the new frames showed up earlier than expected so Niner is/was covered up in old and new versions so they're clearing inventory. I'm no insider, so this could all be completely wrong too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •