Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Niner frame blowout at Bike Bling....

Just got an email about a Niner frame sale at BB....

Air 9 carbon for $1289...

Jet 9 RDO Carbon for $1649...

Air 9 (2012) for $510

Air 9 (2011) for $415

COTA member

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Competitive Cycle will price match if you ask them!!

USED2COULD
    I'm resisting so HARD.
    "I absolutely do not need an Air 9 RDO."
    2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Niner frames at these prices? You know you want to go for it.

mtbr member
    That a9rdo price is insane~~!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Couldn't resist. MCR moondust gray $515 shipped!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    they are getting read of old inventory to introduce a new xc frame. same geo as the air 9 rdo but in full suspension

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

somebody stop me

Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

What am I missing here?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I have a brand new EMD 9 frame and a brand new Niner carbon fork sitting in my bedroom waiting to be built for Spring...now this deal comes up...I am thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on an Air 9 RDO...I'm not sure what I would do with the EMD...but that is such a sweet deal it's hard to resist!!!

My biggest issue is that I prefer to support my local shop...it's a small shop and it's the shop that will be building my bike since I don't know how to build a bike!

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by tneker View Post
    Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

What am I missing here?
    Nothing, other than Niner makes some changes to this model and released the new version so they must have a bunch left over they need to move. To my mind the changes are not significant enough to justify paying $900-1000 more, so I pulled the trigger on one myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Thanks Santa

Trigger pulled, can't wait to build it up. It's going to be a long winter though.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbpri View Post
    they are getting read of old inventory to introduce a new xc frame. same geo as the air 9 rdo but in full suspension
    Selling the dated stockage of frame is more profitable than holding on to it. Those RDO V1.0 frames have been around for more than a year, and didn't sell. Time to let them go at a fair market value instead of the inflated cost they used to be. Plus more Niner frames on the trails = more word of mouth advertising.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Screw it...couldn't resist...pulled the trigger...Air 9 RDO is on the way!!!!

mtbr member
    Competitive Cycle price matched for me. Their Customer Service is just top notch.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by danvar View Post
    Competitive Cycle price matched for me. Their Customer Service is just top notch.
    And are V1.1 frames too, BTW..

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tneker View Post

What am I missing here?

It not what you're missing, you just got one of the best deals on one of the best frames available, its what others are missing out on. They will be kicking themselves like I will for not further loading up the credit card for such an incredible deal. My wife got hers a month ago for 300 more and I thought that was the best we would see. Damn. I need to sell something.

mtbr member
    I just bought a RIP for a little less than this two months ago. Should I sell the RIP? Am I gonna miss the extra inch of travel in the back, and the ability to run 140 up front?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    I just bought a RIP for a little less than this two months ago. Should I sell the RIP? Am I gonna miss the extra inch of travel in the back, and the ability to run 140 up front?
    I just sold mine to get the RDO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danvar View Post
    I just sold mine to get the RDO.
    Just the frame? How much we you able to sell it for?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    The leverage ratio/valving on the RDO actually felt plusher than the Rip and as other have stated, the RDO is a very capable bike. If you are an all mtn rider always looking for rough technical trails, maybe not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.

mtbr member
    Dang, the Bike Bling prices are very close to what I was quoted for a crash replacement.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etanc View Post
    The leverage ratio/valving on the RDO actually felt plusher than the Rip and as other have stated, the RDO is a very capable bike. If you are an all mtn rider always looking for rough technical trails, maybe not.
    I think your last sentence describes me in philosophy, but I find myself more on XCish trails. I don't know how I'd feel knowing I'd given up a bike that's a bit better for what I like best, even if I'm not on those trails all the time.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Boo!! Bike bling just canceled my order and sent my money back to PayPal. No email or phone call just a refund notice from PayPal. When I called to see what's up they weren't very helpful. "It's unavailable" is what I was told and "I don't think they make that frame anymore" (MCR). Should have known. Last order took a month to arrive (egg beater pedals). Bike Bling.. All flash. No class.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast