Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niner frame blowout at Bike Bling....

13K views 77 replies 39 participants last post by  goodguy82 
#1 ·
Just got an email about a Niner frame sale at BB....

Air 9 carbon for $1289...

Jet 9 RDO Carbon for $1649...

Air 9 (2012) for $510

Air 9 (2011) for $415

#13 ·
Selling the dated stockage of frame is more profitable than holding on to it. Those RDO V1.0 frames have been around for more than a year, and didn't sell. Time to let them go at a fair market value instead of the inflated cost they used to be. Plus more Niner frames on the trails = more word of mouth advertising.

#11 ·
Somebody stop me.........I just put a 2012 Jet 9 RDO frame in my shopping cart for $1649. That's like $950 off MSRP.

What am I missing here?
Nothing, other than Niner makes some changes to this model and released the new version so they must have a bunch left over they need to move. To my mind the changes are not significant enough to justify paying $900-1000 more, so I pulled the trigger on one myself.

#10 ·
I have a brand new EMD 9 frame and a brand new Niner carbon fork sitting in my bedroom waiting to be built for Spring...now this deal comes up...I am thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on an Air 9 RDO...I'm not sure what I would do with the EMD...but that is such a sweet deal it's hard to resist!!!

My biggest issue is that I prefer to support my local shop...it's a small shop and it's the shop that will be building my bike since I don't know how to build a bike! :eek:

#25 ·
Boo!! Bike bling just canceled my order and sent my money back to PayPal. No email or phone call just a refund notice from PayPal. When I called to see what's up they weren't very helpful. "It's unavailable" is what I was told and "I don't think they make that frame anymore" (MCR). Should have known. Last order took a month to arrive (egg beater pedals). Bike Bling.. All flash. No class.

#35 ·
Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.

#41 · (Edited)
Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.
To cancel an order and not notify the customer is beyond bad customer service. (Only found out because pp notified me). BTW ordered within 24hrs of 1st posting of sale. The fact that when I called to see what happened I got the distinct vibe that they could care less. Use bike bling if you like. But the are many other shops with outstanding customer service who price match. Just thought I'd share my experience. One way we can call folks out for bad customer service and get our hard earned dollars flowing to more reputable shops.

#37 ·
SO tempting. If nothing else, all of this blowout stuff has made me really think about what I want my bike to be. Perhaps in a move to take my RIP further away from a JET RDO (to justify not purchasing one, in part) I've put the Maxle kit on, a bigger rear tire, and am contemplating a 140mm Fox 34. Trying to make my bike a bit burlier than the JET RDO.

#51 ·
Wow what a deal, mine should be here Wed from CC who I got to price match Hammerhead for $1699 from $2150 then a day later CC dropped it to $1650. I thought about trying to get CC to do another price match for the $1500 but I hate to ask them. I love dealing with CC and Kerrie is a top notch sales person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.