Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I haven't ordered from Bike Bling before...but I have ordered from JensonUSA...so I requested a price match...and bought it from them instead. Also...saved a few $ on the shipping through JensonUSA.

COTA member
    I have ordered from Bikebling a few times. No problems, but it can take a while (a couple weeks) to get the ordered items. I was able to use coupon code "REALDEAL" even when the item said they were not eligible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Why isn't the new one9 part of this? I am having a hard time finding a used medium one9 frame. I wish they had a new one discounted like the other niner models

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Checkout OO for their RDO sale and all their color matched RDO components! Call and ask what they can do if it isn't discounted...yet! Trust me, I did!
    Can't wait till it get here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.
    Are you replacing the HT or FS? Im trying to resist picking up a HT RDO.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Are you replacing the or FS? Im trying to resist picking up a HT RDO.
    Picked up a Jet 9 RDO to replace the FS. Get the RDO HT!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

took you long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a 2012 RDO, however I got a call back stating they oversold the size I wanted. They offered me a 2013 at cost and I bit the bullet. Needless to say sizes are running out, jump on these while you can.
    A 2013 at the cost of the 2012? Nice! Took you long enough to catch on to Niner, I've had my Jet 9 RDO since about September. So much fun on Santa Cruz trails.

Btw, drop me a PM/email, we should ride soon.

-jim

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    A 2013 at the cost of the 2012? Nice! Took you long enough to catch on to Niner, I've had my Jet 9 RDO since about September. So much fun on Santa Cruz trails.

Btw, drop me a PM/email, we should ride soon.

-jim
    Jim! Sounds like a plan. I'll PM once I get it built up!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    Boo!! Bike bling just canceled my order and sent my money back to PayPal. No email or phone call just a refund notice from PayPal. When I called to see what's up they weren't very helpful. "It's unavailable" is what I was told and "I don't think they make that frame anymore" (MCR). Should have known. Last order took a month to arrive (egg beater pedals). Bike Bling.. All flash. No class.

i second that.. bikebling sucks.. never again.. i'll take my business elsewhere..

mtbr member
    Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    FYI: for better Niner price than BikeBling.. check outsideoutfitters.com

JET 9 RDO carbon:

Bikebling: $1,649.00
    Outsideoutfitters: $1,548.94

that's $100.06 savings right there on the JET9 RDO..
    Last edited by MentalSpine; 12-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalSpine View Post
    FYI: for better Niner price than BikeBling.. check outsideoutfitters.com

JET 9 RDO carbon:

Bikebling: $1,649.00
    Outsideoutfitters: $1,548.94

that's $100.06 savings right there on the JET9 RDO..
    SO tempting. If nothing else, all of this blowout stuff has made me really think about what I want my bike to be. Perhaps in a move to take my RIP further away from a JET RDO (to justify not purchasing one, in part) I've put the Maxle kit on, a bigger rear tire, and am contemplating a 140mm Fox 34. Trying to make my bike a bit burlier than the JET RDO.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The VERY nice folks at Competitive Cyclist price matched the OO price for me yesterday. But they had the nerve to charge $15 for shipping.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tri-tele View Post
    The VERY nice folks at Competitive Cyclist price matched the OO price for me yesterday. But they had the nerve to charge $15 for shipping.

what.. got free shipping from OO..

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalSpine View Post
    what.. got free shipping from OO..
    I ordered my Jet 9 RDO a couple of months ago, they have an unlimited return policy. I plan on calling to see what they might be willing to do for the $700 price drop (on featured bike). I'm not expecting the difference, but curious what they have to say. I have more parts I need.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Only on mtbr do people ***** about someone discounting a frame by like 40% after waiting 'til they're gone to place an order. "While supplies last" was in the email I received, and prominently on their website. That means if you hesitate, you might not get in on the screamin' deal.

Sucks about the egg beaters, for sure. I guarantee you there's someone riding a Jet 9 RDO right now (who may never have had the means to do so if it wasn't for that sale) who is quite happy with BikeBling. There are stores with better customer service out there, but I don't think any retailer is perfect.
    To cancel an order and not notify the customer is beyond bad customer service. (Only found out because pp notified me). BTW ordered within 24hrs of 1st posting of sale. The fact that when I called to see what happened I got the distinct vibe that they could care less. Use bike bling if you like. But the are many other shops with outstanding customer service who price match. Just thought I'd share my experience. One way we can call folks out for bad customer service and get our hard earned dollars flowing to more reputable shops.
    Last edited by Flashtastic; 12-24-2012 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tri-tele View Post
    Yeah I jumped in for a Jet 9 RDO too. Called Comp Cyclist and they priced matched O.O. too and charged me the $15. They said they have to match exactly as the competitor is advertising. They told me that shipping on OO is $15, but still a smokin deal nonetheless!

Edit: Found out that O.O. does have free shipping on orders over $111, but a $20 shipping charge for "oversize" orders, this is what customer service told me. So Comp. Cyclist is correct on the on the $15.

Soon I'll have my vanna white Jet 9 RDO. I've been told I won't miss my Tallboy Carbon with it's 12x142 axle. Now I'm trying to decide on a front fork white fork or a black fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    To cancel an order and not notify the customer is beyond bad customer service. (Only found out because pp notified me). BTW ordered within 24hrs of 1st posting of sale. The fact that when I called to see what happened I got the distinct vibe that they could care less. Use bike bling if you like. But the are many other shops with outstanding customer service who price match. Just thought I'd share my experience. One way we can call folks out for bad customer service and get our hard earned dollars flowing to more reputable shops.
    I agree with you on most of your points, but without BB or OO, in this case, yours and my favorite place with the best customer service (CC) wouldn't have a price that low to match.

I guess another way to call out shops is here on mtbr. Worked for a guy who dealt with Hammerhead...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    I guess another way to call out shops is here on mtbr. Worked for a guy who dealt with Hammerhead...
    Speaking of H.H., they too are running the Jet 9 RDO frame for $1699! Not sure what their shipping costs are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    You guys are really fortunate with these prices. We in Europe still pay top $$$ for those frames.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I picked up an RDO for $1505 shipped from bigkahunabicycles.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Criticalmass, how did you find that deal? Wow...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I haven't heard or seen word of updates to these frames for next year, so what's driving these big discounts? Did these Niner frames have bad sales numbers for 2012?

mtbr member
    They're releasing a newer version. Something about a carbon rocker and a couple of other things.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Criticalmass, how did you find that deal? Wow...
    Bought a Rip9 from them a couple of years ago and they posted the deal on Facebook.

ON the changes and discounts:

My understanding is the new RDOs have a 142mm rear axle and carbon rockers. As opposed to years past when everything seemed to be delayed, the new frames showed up earlier than expected so Niner is/was covered up in old and new versions so they're clearing inventory. I'm no insider, so this could all be completely wrong too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast