mtbr member

Niner EMD issue - knee rub

Hi
    2012 Niner EMD-
    Anyone have a problem with their left knee rubbing the rear brake hose clip? After my first ride, a spot on my knee is bleeding from rubbing against it at times (during technical decents/climbs)
    I see that most of the new niners have the cables mounted on the sides so I am suprised I've never heard of it before. Maybe it's just me; I dunno.. But I;m not really sure what to do about it! I can't continue to ride like this; it's very tender at this point.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Use a zip tie with a small head and angle the head so it is out of the way. It'll be stronger and it will not cut you. Also, why are your knees bowing in so much when you pedal?
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure why my knees are bowing; they arn't under normal circumstances it's more when things get technical. I am pigeon toed pretty bad; that could be an issue. I've never had a problem on a different bike including my previous EMD which was a 2011.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    So I am the only one whom has experianced this? Maybe it's me!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have the same problem with my Niner emd. I don't think there is a way to solve this problem, unfortunetaly.