Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Underskilled

Niner customer service

There are so many posts here slating Niner's customer service and build quality...normally started by me =-)

However setting up my WFO I have spoken to Drew a few times and he has been really nice and helpful!

So maybe there was something to this Niner customer service thing.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

MoJo Moto
    and they send you stickers...!!!
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    They have always been very helpful when i have dealt with them.

Flaccid Member
    Frank and Brian have been most helpful to me over at Niner, if I needed some input or assistance. Good people, exemplary service, in my situations.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    +1 for another positive customer service experience with Niner.

I don't post very often (not at all, really), but I thought Drew at Niner deserved some recognition for handing my customer service issue professionally, swiftly, and efficiently. I couldn't be more pleased. Experiences like these make for loyal customers. Nice job Niner and Drew. Thanks.

~N

mtbr member
    Niner customer service has been great to me as well! Made me happy about Niner even though the frames are welding together in Taiwan! It just made me not care anymore knowing that when I call them I get a answer and a great response!

mtbr member
    They were a great help to me as well. I was very impressed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I bought my Air9 frame new, but "grey market" (not from a dealer). I found a crack in a weld. I emailed a pic to Drew and he hooked me up with a new frame. This delayed my build by a few weeks but I was completely impressed! Now I can rest assured while hammering down a trail that the crack isn't growing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motopail
    Wait, what?

I want stickers.

mtbr member
    as a new niner rip 9 owner i have nothing but positives to report on the level of customer service from niner. drew has been especially helpful with questions on sizing and cranks. and by the way, the rip is probably the best 29'er i've had the privilege to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by motopail
    And a free patch! That was awesome.

Drew has been a big help to me in past as well. I don't think I'll ever own another brand of mountain bike. Try calling Trek, Fisher, SpecialEd, etc and get someone on the phone. Much less someone like Drew.

Thanks Drew! And Thanks Niner for the Patch!
    "...quit hitting me with your hammer"
    www.msmtb.org
    Niner EMD 1x9 ~ Niner SIR9 SS

mtbr member
    i was a big fan for cannondales customer service, but since i switched to niner early last year niner has been just as good if not better, because the guy who knows is the guy who picks up the phone, no dealing with secretaries or anyone who does not know the answers... thanks niner

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    They helped me out too!

I had a MCR I picked up from a friend in the spring of '09 (it was an '08 or earlier frame I think).

This past summer it cracked on the top tube, right across the gusset. First week of August. A couple emails back and forth with Drew, some money changes hands (very reasonable quantity IMO), and some elbow grease, and now the broken bike looks more like this...

Thanks Niner!

mtbr member
    Im emailed Niner a couple of weeks ago with questions regarding their RIP 9 frames and the availability of the Hot Tamale RIP 9 in the UK, no response.

After that I thought feck it so I phoned them from the UK to ask my questions, don't know who I spoke to @ niner but the conversation was like pulling teeth, this bloke only had about 2 words to say.

I had to contact them because the importers and dealers in the UK dont know ***** about the niner bikes they sell, god help me if I ever need anything for my RIP.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo
    Im emailed Niner a couple of weeks ago with questions regarding their RIP 9 frames and the availability of the Hot Tamale RIP 9 in the UK, no response.

After that I thought feck it so I phoned them from the UK to ask my questions, don't know who I spoke to @ niner but the conversation was like pulling teeth, this bloke only had about 2 words to say.

I had to contact them because the importers and dealers in the UK dont know ***** about the niner bikes they sell, god help me if I ever need anything for my RIP.
    Hi Gruffalo,

Apologies your conversation was like pulling teeth when you called in. There was a lot of confusion about when the Hot Tamale's were actually in production and when we were to receive them. We do finally have these in stock.

I deal directly with all International distributors so if you ever have questions you can call and ask for Brett or email brett@ninerbikes.com.

Thanks,

Brett
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Underskilled
    Grufallo,

I am in the UK and have imported Niners.
    Don't bother buying from the UK the price is SO inflated over here.
    Speedgoat bikes and bike29 are very helpful and ship internationally.

You will pay 17.5%+14%+8 import duty, but still be half the price of what they are at in the UK.

I think Drew has left, shame he was a really nice guy that went out of his way to help people.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    2melow: Thanks for the reply, and thanks for passing my email onto jungle, I have replied to them.

CaveGiant: I had a look on speedgoat, I will have a look at bike29 too. I was making enuiries ref importing a frame to the uk but never done it before and didnt fancy getting stung in the process. If thats the case I might look at a cheeky little carbon niner!

The only issue I had with buing my frame was trying to get straight answers out of suppliers/retailers. No-one could tell me what the differences were between the '10 & '11 RIP 9m frames were. Also niners website states that the frames come with a headset, the UK importers also confirmed this but when I bought the frame, the retailer swore blind it didnt, so I had to fork out for a headset. That was a nice tapered headset they have made a couple of on!

Flaccid Member
    There are two changes from 2010 to 2011 on the RIP's that I am aware of, besides color Schemes.
    1. They have slackened the head tube angle by 1 degree for 2011.
    2. They have changed the type of headset for the 2011.

The 2010 comes from the factory from Niner in the USA with a complete head set kit, for both 1 1/2" and 1 1'8" lower steerer tubes, and the sealed bearings with them. Both my 2010 RIP and my 2010 WFO came with bearing sets, from the factory.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Regarding customer service I just can add to the posts above.
    After a race in Italy I noticed a crack in my Sir9. I sent pics to my dealer and he forwarded them to Niner. Now I am the lucky owner of a new one! So thanks guys!
    martinoo

jk
    mtbr member
    Last edited by jk; 12-12-2010 at 05:37 AM.

PSYCHOLUST
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrant
    And a free patch! That was awesome.

Drew has been a big help to me in past as well. I don't think I'll ever own another brand of mountain bike. Try calling Trek, Fisher, SpecialEd, etc and get someone on the phone. Much less someone like Drew.

Thanks Drew! And Thanks Niner for the Patch!

This is an excellent point. most "big" bike companies don't even have email addresses on their websites and if you find one, a reply might be more than you could hope for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just got finished dealing with Eric via email about a few issues with my 1 year old Rip 9. I couldn't have asked for quicker or more thorough customer service. I got a response to my email within 30 minutes and the problem addressed immediately. This seems to be a company that understands how to keep their customers. For JK who ordered his bike in June, I had a similar experience last year when I ordered my black Rip 9. It took a few months longer than I expected but it was simply a supply issue. As JK said, there are plenty of companies who make bikes. True. There is however, only one that makes the Rip 9 and I can only say it is worth the wait. Great bike, great customer service, fair price. Not a common find in any business these days. I'm a Niner customer, period.

Rider down under
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGiant
    Grufallo,

I am in the UK and have imported Niners.
    Don't bother buying from the UK the price is SO inflated over here.
    Speedgoat bikes and bike29 are very helpful and ship internationally.

You will pay 17.5%+14%+8 import duty, but still be half the price of what they are at in the UK.

I think Drew has left, shame he was a really nice guy that went out of his way to help people.
    I'm in the UK too and have been blown away by the price of Niners here. Salsas are damn expensive too.

I checked out speedgoat and it says this:

Niner Bikes does not allow Speedgoat Bicycles or other US-based Niner Bikes dealers to ship to the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. If you are located in one of these countries, please contact the Niner Bikes distributor in your area.
    http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.asp...186&Prod=19933

I think I'll buy an On-one until I get to Australia where Niner prices are more reasonable.
    Unless your mate Drew could ride the bike a couple of times in some dirt and sell it as a second hand bike thereby negating the import taxes.
    Last edited by Hugor; 11-14-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Underskilled
    Hugor I would pass that information to Niner, there is a reason those bikes are so rare over here, the price is a rip off in UK.

They should make the prices similar, then they would sell bikes.

How many Niners have you seen in the UK? I have probably seen 5-10 if that. In the USA 1 in ten bikes I saw was Niner.

MTB B'dos
    Dude, seriously, everything in the UK is damn expensive compared to the US, not just those bikes. I mean seriously you have to pay all those taxes to help support all those lazy bastards who just live off the DOLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugor
    I'm in the UK too and have been blown away by the price of Niners here. Salsas are damn expensive too.

I checked out speedgoat and it says this:

http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.asp...186&Prod=19933

I think I'll buy an On-one until I get to Australia where Niner prices are more reasonable.
    Unless your mate Drew could ride the bike a couple of times in some dirt and sell it as a second hand bike thereby negating the import taxes.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast