Thread: Niner BSB9 ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Niner BSB9 ...

Anyone out there with time on the BSB9? I'm looking to pick one up later this winter to replace my Crux but was hoping to see more feedback. Not much out there other than a few magazine reviews. All positive ... just hoping to see more rider reviews.

It would be my main race bike for cx of course, but it would also see extensive use as a gravel/road training bike, gravel races, and probably the bike I'd put 70-80% of my miles on thru mtb race season (April thru October). November thru March I try to enjoy my fatbike as much as possible :-)

Anyway, if anyone has time on the BSB9, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've had mine for about 4 months now and have cross races, gravel, and road rides under its belt.

Dura Ace Di2 1x11, Hollowgram cranks with carbon Niner wheels (train)/Enve XC tubular (race) build.

As a cross racing machine, the steering and handling are definitely derived with cross racing in mind. It felt very easy to adjust and move the bike around the courses.

It certainly can handle gravel and singletrack and seems very agile and absorbs the trail/course very well. I frequently take the bike on some of the smoother singletrack among the local MTB trails. Hopping logs/trees and pushing it around loose turns isn't a problem.

The geometry is very road friendly and it builds up very light at 15.5 to 16.5 depending on my wheel choice. I actually sold my road bike because this bike was light and fast on the road. Specifically, descending seems even more stable than on my previous Cannondale EVO.

Previous to the BSB, I also had a Giant TCX Advanced Disc which had very similar characteristics to this bike.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Sounds great ... and thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Seconding the thanks on the feedback, (I'm currently in the same boat as kfb66 and trying to choose between the BSB, Ibis Hakkalugi, and Focus Mares CX).

mtbr member
    Kevin needs a Mongoose DOLOMITE!

mtbr member
    Im actually torn between the BSB and the GT grade 105. Kinda similar but the geometry. ITS KILLIN ME!

Or I can be a cheap ass and buy the GT corsa , seems like a good deal here.

GT Corsa Disc Bike 2014 | GT Bicycles

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I just got the BSB and I love it! Went Force CX1 and I also sold my road bike.

My first Niner

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
    I just got the BSB and I love it! Went Force CX1 and I also sold my road bike.

My first Niner
    I'd love to hear some feedback from you ... that's the exact model I plan on getting! What cross bike did you come off of? Anything specific you like most ... or don't like?
    Last edited by kfb66; 1 Week Ago at 09:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66 View Post
    I'd love to hear some feedback from you ... that's the exact model I plan on getting! What cross bike did you come off of? Anything specific you like most ... or don't like?
    This is my first cross bike. Came off a BMC road bike. I haven't ridden it enough to have any dislikes but the best way to describe it is stiff but compliant in the right ways.