mtbr member

Niner All Mountain Hardtail

Enough with the name contest, I want specs!! I am hoping for a 68 degree head angle 16.25" chainstays 120-140mm fork and a pretty low bottom bracket! I have cash in hand for this bike.. Also how about the color choices I like the Raw its pictured in or the new Rally Blue would be sick but couldnt go wrong with the Niner Green

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I am guessing it will be designed with the new Fox 150mm 34 in mind. Should be interesting. Definitely not the first AM HT, but Niner could make it more popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    I think if they offered it in a raw finish and named it the RAW9 it would really set it apart from the rest of their fleet, and it would look killer!

I really want to see a full shot of this bike, they are painfully teasing us with the closeup shots!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    1 want it to be able to run a 29+/3" tire in the rear.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by YET1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Wow looks like everyone is more concerned about winning a free frame than what the frame specs actually are.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm a bit annoyed that I ordered a new 29er AM frame approx 5 hours before finding out about this. Some more specs and details would be good though.

recent MTB mania victim
    It's an interesting concept. I'm a recent MTB-er looking to upgrade my bike to something better than entry-level; I like the simplicity and usage flexibility of a hardtail (I end up riding to trail-ends along tarseal often) but worry a little about the supposed twitchy xc-race nature of "most" decent hardtails.

Yeah, I need to try riding more bikes. But this new Niner addresses my concerns on paper at least! I'm looking forward to hearing more.

mtbr member
    Can we get some specs???

mtbr member

Niner All Mountain Hardtail

Quote Originally Posted by YET1 View Post
    So you want to ride this AM ht with a rigid fork or hoping to squeeze on on a long travel suspension fork? With the short chain stay that is likely to accompany this style of frame, this may not happen.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Yes spec's would be good.

If it was a feal tuff bike it needed to be called some thing like, Just bugger off,

If you were at a trail & a bike guy asked what it was you could tell him & then you would need to ride it hard.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hmmmm looks like TUF9 never made the list.

Neither did my version of FUN9 which would have been an Unbelievable Niner.

These specs you await are looking suspiciously similar to the specs of my Banshee Paradox 29'er. HA 68, Chainstays 16.9", 120 - 140mm fork. Sorry Niner you missed the boat on this one and my Paradox is a heap of fun.

I wonder why y'all want so much fork travel on a hardtail. I mean you hear people whinging about unmatched travel front and rear on a dually by a whole 20mm. Now you want 150mm unmatched fork travel on a hard tail? I seriously enjoy my Paradox hardtail with a 120mm fork but I am finding it hard to imagine a riding scenario where more front travel on a hardtail would improve the ride? Just putting an opinion out there and interested to hear the responses.

mtbr member
    16.9" chainstays are not even in the ballpark they will have to be 16.3 to be anything close to competing with the n9 and honzo and my guess will be 68.5ha with 120 fork and 67.5 ha with 140