mtbr member
    Nov 2006

niner a9c go cart on 2 wheels ...

xx post from the 29er forum.

guess aleady quite some a9c around, but havn't seen any from south america yet so this should be the first one.

today i took out my new a9c for the first time. rides like a go cart, feather light at a good 17lbs despite of the heavy tires and the carbon fork is much more comfy than the steel rigid forks i am used to. not sure my geared bikes will see much use in the next weeks ...

thanks to the guys of the goldenbikeshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails niner a9c go cart on 2 wheels ...-a9c-1.jpg  

niner a9c go cart on 2 wheels ...-a9c-2.jpg  

niner a9c go cart on 2 wheels ...-a9c-3.jpg  

Carbon & Ti rule

I Like

So do you need a weapons licence to ride that ??

That is how those bikes should be built.

mtbr member
    Sweeeeeeeeeet.....nice bike....
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....

northern soul
    Can you give us your height & inseam? The MountainKing2.4 would not fit on the back, I guess? Are that the AM or the XC Edges, any comments on them?
    Very cool build, indeed! And very temping, too... :-)
    good night, good ride ...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yo gomez
    Can you give us your height & inseam? The MountainKing2.4 would not fit on the back, I guess? Are that the AM or the XC Edges, any comments on them?
    Very cool build, indeed! And very temping, too... :-)
    i am 6'2 with 34.5 inseam. however, this was my first ride and the post has been slipping due to the seat clamp not being sufficiently tight. therefore the saddle on the picture is about 1" lower than it should be.

the mountain king 2.4 fits without problems. i would imagine that you can even fit a racing ralph 2.4 (that is HUGE).

i own to 2 sets of edge wheels, a combination of XC and AM rims. all are 28h. the wheels are super stiff and more compare to a 1-2 lbs. heavier wheelset. they have been bullet proof for me, probably one of the best improvements you can get for your bike. i don't feel much of a difference in stiffness between the XC and AM, both are plenty stiff (190lbs. and riding XC, a little endurance racing and a lot of technical singletrails but not more than 3-5' drops). XC version is fine for up to about 2.3 wide tires, i would go AM just for the sake of the larger footprint in combination of with big volume tires (which would apply IMO to most trail riding).

hope this helps.

northern soul
    Yes, thank you! Now I have only to get that cash sorted for this beauty... :-/
    Enjoy the ride with yours! :-)

Can you compare this to the ride of an SIR or Air9 or any other ride?
    good night, good ride ...