mtbr member
    Sep 2011

New WFO9 ETT Lengths

Can someone explain to me what the idea is? The ETTs are almost an inch shorter than the same size Rip9. The reach numbers are similar, however. Is this a result of the steepish seat tube angle? What would the rationale be for fit/handling with this change?

beater

New WFO9 ETT Lengths

Radness. I think Niner nailed it with this. It looks really good to me.

Yeah, if you keep the other variables constant and steepen the STA, the ETT has to shorten. The last WFO was basically a RIP with more travel. This is a whole different animal. I'm a believer in shorter, tighter cockpits for a bike like this, and that's what Niner did here. You're going to be in a more upright position when pedaling and climbing. You won't notice the shorter ETT when you're descending; when out of the saddle it's the reach that matters.

I don't plan on replacing my primary bike for some years yet, but this would be a leading contender.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    evasive pretty much summed it up. ya gotta steepen up that seat tube to make room for the rear wheel with those short chainstays and that shortens the ETT. Going to be one heck of a bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Looking forward to throwing a leg over it. It would have to be a pretty big improvement to justify swapping out my Tallboy LTc, but if I were bikeless, this would be near the top of my list.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have not been a fan of Niner Bikes I have ridden in the past. I must say, however, this WFO and their new hardtail look great! Hopefully this new design philosopy trickles down the line by the time I am looking to buy my next bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Looking forward to throwing a leg over it. It would have to be a pretty big improvement to justify swapping out my Tallboy LTc, but if I were bikeless, this would be near the top of my list.
    I agree, Niner has nailed this one on paper at least. Longer stroke shock to keep the leverage ratio low, shorter top tube to compensate for the long fork, about as short of a chainstay as you can go with CVA IMO and it looks absolutely badass.

Now let's hear about the RDO carbon version please!!!! I'm worried they might shy away from carbon on this one due to the intended use, but I sure hope not. If so, I'd like to know now instead of sitting around waiting on a carbon version that will never be.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    I agree, Niner has nailed this one on paper at least. Longer stroke shock to keep the leverage ratio low, shorter top tube to compensate for the long fork, about as short of a chainstay as you can go with CVA IMO and it looks absolutely badass.

Now let's hear about the RDO carbon version please!!!! I'm worried they might shy away from carbon on this one due to the intended use, but I sure hope not. If so, I'd like to know now instead of sitting around waiting on a carbon version that will never be.
    I figured that you had already placed your order!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Haha, not so fast my friend (in honor of Lee Corso and CFB weekend). I have a few surprises up my sleeve I have to shake out first.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I really like the looks of this one, but I would still like to be able to pedal the darn thing uphill and at 6'6" I'm just not sure I can do that without doing a ton of yoga first. The TT is an inch and a half shorter than my current bike. On the lifts? Perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Having a WFO for the last 4 seasons and being 6'9" the bike fit me well, I wonder how I will fit on the new Niner? It would really suck if I didn't fit on it because this is the bike I've been waiting for, it checks all my boxes except for a 150mm rear triangle.

If any bigger riders get any time on this bike please let us know.

-Nolan

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Having a WFO for the last 4 seasons and being 6'9" the bike fit me well, I wonder how I will fit on the new Niner? It would really suck if I didn't fit on it because this is the bike I've been waiting for, it checks all my boxes except for a 150mm rear triangle.

If any bigger riders get any time on this bike please let us know.

-Nolan
    6'9? You Sasquatch, you I know you would be bummed since you and I both have been wishing for this bike to become a reality. I'm just a teeny 5'11 however.