Thread: New WFO9 2014

mtbr member

New WFO9 2014

Please, post here your pics and reviews of your new WFOs 2014.

Here is mine. 13,25 Kg

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New WFO9 2014-2.jpg  

New WFO9 2014-3.jpg  

New WFO9 2014-4.jpg  

New WFO9 2014-5.jpg  

Licensed to confuse...

mtbr member
    Some more pics...New WFO9 2014-image.jpgNew WFO9 2014-image.jpgNew WFO9 2014-image.jpgNew WFO9 2014-image.jpg
    Licensed to confuse...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Nice bike.

How wide are those bars ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Nice bike.

How wide are those bars ?
    Renthal Fatbar Carbon. 740mm wide 10mm rise
    Licensed to confuse...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by terrassabike View Post
    Renthal Fatbar Carbon. 740mm wide 10mm rise
    Ok, They just looked wider than that.

mtbr member
    Some WFO9 action...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New WFO9 2014-971530_759583624074503_546232802_n.jpg  

Licensed to confuse...

JTB
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Where's the RDO version...

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB View Post
    Where's the RDO version...
    I'm not sure it will happen, to many people that want this type of bike just want it in alloy.

Owning both a Rip9 RDO & a New Air formed Rip9 alloy, You really are not giving up much of anything with the new alloy frames.

Better to put the extra money in to a set of wide Derby carbon rims & something like I9 torch hubs IMO

Also put a Pike & lighten up the bars stem grips & seat.

Just my 2 c

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I'm not sure it will happen, to many people that want this type of bike just want it in alloy.

Owning both a Rip9 RDO & a New Air formed Rip9 alloy, You really are not giving up much of anything with the new alloy frames.

Better to put the extra money in to a set of wide Derby carbon rims & something like I9 torch hubs IMO

Also put a Pike & lighten up the bars stem grips & seat.

Just my 2 c
    I'd love a carbon version of WFO9, but, in terms of weight, it doesn't seems a good idea.The weight loss, if you compare with RIP RDO is about 200 gr...not enough for the extra 1000 (or $).
    The frame is very stiff in alloy.

Good job Niner! The new WFO is an amazing and funny bike indeed.
    Licensed to confuse...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Re: New WFO9 2014

My wfo, shorter stem and hope brakes. My only gripes the Aussie distributer built it with arch ex and for me they are super flexy. The pike is so good it makes the rear end feel a little average. Amazing bike. Next upgrades will be carbon rims, I think this will make a massive difference.

The only other bit of advice if your going to run a Lev integra get a rubber grommet for the frame hole, my lbs had some spare from a Bronson build. Was almost impossible to get the post actuating properly as the hole in the frame is a very tight fit. Also check your pivots most of mine needed tightened after first couple of rides

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

Carbon & Ti rule
    Yes carbon Rims will help a lot, Arch EX's have no place on a bike like that IMO.

I have Flow EX's on my Rip9 Alloy & had the lighter 2.25 Nobby Nic on the rear & it felt like it had a flat tire when pushing it real hard around corners.

So I fitted a tire with some meaty sidewalls & it made a big difference to how it rode.

Quote Originally Posted by thrower78 View Post
    My wfo, shorter stem and hope brakes. My only gripes the Aussie distributer built it with arch ex and for me they are super flexy. The pike is so good it makes the rear end feel a little average. Amazing bike. Next upgrades will be carbon rims, I think this will make a massive difference.

The only other bit of advice if your going to run a Lev integra get a rubber grommet for the frame hole, my lbs had some spare from a Bronson build. Was almost impossible to get the post actuating properly as the hole in the frame is a very tight fit. Also check your pivots most of mine needed tightened after first couple of rides

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah mine came with a nobby nick for what reason I have no idea. Lasted about 2 weeks then it was destroyed and I hated it. Got a highroller II on the back now and its much better.
    The Aussie distributer only brings in frames from the US and builds the bikes locally. Every picture on their site shows this bike with Flow ex, I was very annoyed when it turned up with arch ex, I went back to the website to see if it was stated anywhere, and it was inside the pdf, inside the download, in tiny writing at the bottom of the build kit info.
    Another weird thing is that even though my pike is a 160mm travel version the sticker on the back of the left fork leg says 140mm

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice build thrower78.

Its your first WFO???

The carbon rims would be a good option, try Industry Nine Enduro or DH depending how hard you good DH, very good rims, good weight and the design is awesome.

29\" Enduro

I have the 2013 and the change that really improve the bike is the CCDB AIR (Cane Creek Double Barrel Air), if theres any chance to make upgrade go for it.

Im just waiting my Pike 160mm to balance the bike better with the CCBD.

Quote Originally Posted by thrower78 View Post

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah mate first wfo not first niner though. Love it. Yeah a rear shock upgrade might be a long way down the track for some extra plushness. Its way more bike than my local trails need but I bought it to travel with, Canada this year can't wait, nz etc.
    I wanted a bike that I could travel with that I could ride anything on. 2 years ago I travelled to Europe raced mountain of hell and the megavalanche and spent 6 months riding across europe. Which ended with a snapped kona coil air frame in leogang in the world champs week.
    I fell in love with the big mountain stuff, unfortunately in Aus we don't have quite that elevation so needed a rig to travel with.
    Will definitely be building new rims up on the DT hubs before Canada trip

mtbr member
    May 2014

Re: New WFO9 2014

had the bike for a month now.. no complains at all.. really happy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk