mtbr member
    Jun 2011

new shock worthy upgrade for 2011 alu jet9?

Hey Everyone,

Being a roadie for years I finally took the plunge in 2011 and bought the niner Jet9 x7 factory setup to try out mtb- It's been great and I've been hooked on it, and have been racing a fair bit in new england.

Recently been getting the upgrade itch- I've test rode some other bikes, and while many of them weren't really directly comparable, I'd say my jet 9's rear suspension feels like it's springing me off small but hard bumps compared to other bikes that just sort of swallow them. I've only been at this a couple years so in my limited knowledge I've played around with the shock pressure and rebound rate, but in the end have always come back to the recommended sag with the fastest rebound on the rp23. Then I saw these articles-

First Impressions – 2012 Fox RP23 Shock with Adaptive Logic
    Niner JET 9 Review - BikeRadar

Is the shock tuning really that different from the 2011 to 2012 release? Do you guys think that an upgrade to one of Fox's new shocks would breath new life into the bike, and stop me from daydreaming about that Ripley I borrowed last week?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You can stop dreaming about the ripley. Just send your shock to push with your list of wants and needs and it will be better than anything you could have imagined.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    try a ride with the rebound set 3-4 clicks off the slowest setting. I have found that to make a pretty big difference with the rp23.