mtbr member

New headsets, and hopefully more in the feature...

Looks like Niner is goinig from the Integrated, to the Zero stack headsets.

I think this is a good idea. I can understand the arguments about the easy to install, simle and affortable integrated system, but cups is still good, and allot of people want King, Hope and other good headsets.

I think they should change the cable stops as well. Especially the stops for the rear shifer cable, close to the headtube. On the first RIP (last Gen1), it's possible to make perfect cable routing. No rubbing, and no harsh bends.

Full lenght SIS housing is good for trailbikes, so please give us ziptie stops, treaded inserts for the new type clamps, or even inside the downtube.

Treaded inserts is good. If you are using 1x 9/10, or no remote operated seatpost, you can place bottonhead bolts in the insert, and you have clean and good looking surfaces.

Is'nt it time for PM at the rear also? With loose "nuts", like Manitou forks and Turner.

New RIP is an amazing frame, but these details would have made the RIP even more refined.

E

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    the pics of the new green wfo9 look like there is a zero stack headset,

mtbr member
    Black WFO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New headsets, and hopefully more in the feature...-img_7165-1.jpg  

Funkyzeit!

mtbr member
    why why did you have to show me that pic! i hate you! i ridden mostly black bikes until i got my niner wfo 9 in white! arrrrgggghhhhhh! nice pic though!

mtbr member
    do you have anymore pics of that black wfo 9? hehe

mtbr member
    Sorry, but here's another one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New headsets, and hopefully more in the feature...-img_7164-1.jpg  

Funkyzeit!

Full fledged member
    That is one beaut of a bike!
    1.21 Gigawatts