Thread: Need an opinion

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Need an opinion

Hi guys,

My SIR is a year old now. I've recently bought the Framesaver spray J P Weigle's FRAME SAVER - BikeRadar to help protect my investment. After spraying the insides of the frame, I noticed that the Framesaver liquid is flowing out from the triple joint where the headtube joins the top tube & the down tube.

There are no visible holes where the liquid is flowing out from. I'm worried that this might be a safety issue and would like to ask if this is normal or safe to carry on riding?

Many thanks in advance.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Whoa! You might want to take a closer look at that. I didn't get anything when I sprayed my frame. Hope you don't have a crack or something!

Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    No cracks visible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Anyone at all?

banned
    Seeing how the frames a year old. I'd take some pics and send them to Niner explaining the situation. Give'em a chance to assess the situation.

29er
    Apr 2010
    is it just seeping past the headset and out the steer tube?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
    is it just seeping past the headset and out the steer tube?
    No. It is seeping out from the joint(s) where the down tube, top tube joins the head tube. There are no visible cracks/holes either. I had initially wanted to write to Niner regarding this but my work has been keeping me really busy lately and as such I have not had the opportunity to put up something to them. Besides, I wanted to ascertain if this is acceptable for a steel frame (Or maybe this is a norm?) before I ask them.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSpitter View Post
    No. It is seeping out from the joint(s) where the down tube, top tube joins the head tube. There are no visible cracks/holes either. I had initially wanted to write to Niner regarding this but my work has been keeping me really busy lately and as such I have not had the opportunity to put up something to them. Besides, I wanted to ascertain if this is acceptable for a steel frame (Or maybe this is a norm?) before I ask them.
    You payed a decent amount of money for a product. Part of that money spent goes towards after the sale, with customer service. Take a few pics and E mail Niner. I'm sure they will be more than happy to work/speek with you.

Just ran out and looked at my MCR. Theres alot going on with the steertube, downtube, top tube and gussets meeting there.I'd be asking Niner for thier opinion. It's what they do for a living.