Carbon & Ti rule

My wife's new Air9 RDO project.

My wife & I are building up her Niner fleet LOL

As she already has a Jet9 RDO we want to build this up as different as we can & still have it suit her.

We haven't worked out the build yet but I would like to build this up with the X0 group off her Jet9 & then fit XX1 to the Jet9 RDO.

So not sure yet but I guess we will sort it in a week,

Wil post up when we know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My wife's new Air9 RDO project.-nikis-air9-rdo-004.jpg  

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    I shall be watching this thread with interest! I am loving my own Jet 9 RDO but would like a Niner hardtail for certain events too. Probably not in the budget this year, but you never know...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm thinking of an Air9 RDO build this winter for a fast/light h/t option, so I'll be following as well. Would love to try the new 1x11 but budget will likely keep me with 1x10 setup using a 2x crank w/ bashguard? Should be pretty easy to keep complete bike in the 20-22 lb range.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am very interested also...I just picked up an Air 9 RDO...I could NOT resist the awesome deal!!!!

I'm pretty sure that mine will be rigid with a Niner fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisp View Post
    I am very interested also...I just picked up an Air 9 RDO...I could NOT resist the awesome deal!!!!

I'm pretty sure that mine will be rigid with a Niner fork.

DITTO!

Locked in to the Air9 RDO and RDO rigid fork this week.
    Should be in the high 17lb range. YIKES!
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hey Muzz,

Assuming you go with a PF30 BB, do you install dry as I think Niner recommends, or with a small amount of lube as the PF30 instructions call for? Are the PF30's holding up well on your f/s bikes? I hear the PF30's tend to be a bit noisier than threaded BB's, but it appears most manufacturers are going that way so I hope they hold up well?

Twin Six METAL Team
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66 View Post
    Hey Muzz,

Assuming you go with a PF30 BB, do you install dry as I think Niner recommends, or with a small amount of lube as the PF30 instructions call for? Are the PF30's holding up well on your f/s bikes? I hear the PF30's tend to be a bit noisier than threaded BB's, but it appears most manufacturers are going that way so I hope they hold up well?
    Not to butt in, but I installed mine dry. However, the bike is still in the stand waiting on the XX1 drivetrain, wheels, and brakes...so I have no input as far as performance.

Definitely interested in your input, Muzz.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66 View Post
    Hey Muzz,

I fit them dry.

just make sure you are pushing them in stright all the way.

I have not had any problems with any of mine (quiet & smooth )