mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm My first blue bike

I left the Fox float at 150...it just might work. I also still need to put the Hans Dampf on the front, Racing Ralph 2.4 on the rear. Of course, my protection plate is going on too...I'll have these available in my ad next week. As pictured, she weighs a healthy 27.6 lb

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Awesome bike Cytoe; I should be seeing mine in the next couple of weeks. I just ordered a plate for my Jet9 RDO from you earlier in the week and I can't wait to see what you are making up for the RIP. Put me down for one when they are ready.

trail "cleaner"

Awesome...

I'd be putting on a Chainring bashguard as well That came out lighter than you thought! Mine's at 28.1 but will get lighter as my CF wheelset arrived yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Beauty

trail "cleaner"

Got my new Threads mounted!

Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler View Post
    I'd be putting on a Chainring bashguard as well That came out lighter than you thought! Mine's at 28.1 but will get lighter as my CF wheelset arrived yesterday
    Here are my CF "Light Bike" rims with CK and Hope Pro II hubs with Revo Spokes and "purty" blue nips... The Hans Dampfs blew up tubeless with no leakage at all. Although the wheelset weighed in at 1590 grams, the heavy tires kept the bike at 28.1 pounds. Time to ride!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first blue bike-img_1672%5B1%5D.jpg  

My first blue bike-img_1673%5B1%5D.jpg  

No dabs allowed!

Moderator Moderator
    I think I saw you and your bike pull into JJ's around 9:30 yesterday morning, you were a few cars in front of me. Black Audi right? I hope your ride was awesome.

Brett
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Carbon & Ti rule
    So tell us what you think of how the bike works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow View Post
    I think I saw you and your bike pull into JJ's around 9:30 yesterday morning, you were a few cars in front of me. Black Audi right? I hope your ride was awesome.

Brett
    Yup! I was grinning ear to ear. I think the Rip 9 RDO was made for Horsetooth Mountain Park

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    So tell us what you think of how the bike works.
    Only one ride so far, but I already know this bike fits my riding style. I really didn't notice any hit on climbing compared to my Jet RDO...even with the 150 Float. The ride had 2500ft of climbing, 13 mi. Descending was on another level...the bike held lines like it was on tracks. I'll post more after I get more ride time...

trail "cleaner"

my comparison between Al RIP vs CF RIP

I rode both of my RIP's this weekend and here are my thoughts.
    1. CF RIP is mind blowing stiff. I used to think the Al RIP was the stiffest frame around but, this CF RIP takes it to a whole new level.
    2. The CTD Shock on the CF RIP is light years better than the RP23 on the '09 RIP. So much so... I took the RP23 off tonight for a trip to PUSH Industries and see if they can
    revalve it closer to the feel of the CTD.
    3. The CF Lower link needs a lot more protection than that small Ti plate. I took one of Cytoe's plates and modified it to fit the CF RIP but it still got hammered on our rocky
    technical trails here in Phoenix. It'll need a plate that'll wrap all the way behind the lower link to fully protect this vunerable area.
    4. The one degree slacker head angle on the CF RIP really didn't affect its ablilty to climb. It tracked perfectly with the 140mm fork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first blue bike-img_1678.jpg  

My first blue bike-img_1675.jpg  

No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I worked on the Rip 9 RDO plate all day today (and night), but still don't have something ready. Here's the 1st prototype plate:

This is the max-lite material, so it is thin, but will not crack. However, if I make it closer to the linkage, it may slap. I've also been working on a 2 piece design which would replace the built in guard. I'll continue working on both and see which one I like better.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

My first blue bike

cytoe do you use the same wheels as in your jet 9 rdo? Those are LB rims right? What kinda spokes did you use?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sand0kan View Post
    cytoe do you use the same wheels as in your jet 9 rdo? Those are LB rims right? What kinda spokes did you use?
    Good eye! I stole these off the Jet9 RDO (rear hub converted to 12x142). I used sapim race spokes on this wheel set. I built another LB wheel set for the Jet RDO using a mix of sapim race and laser spokes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So I like the new cable routing (over the 1st gen Jet9 RDO)... But the plastic cable things that insert into the head badge and down tube seem to slip out. Perhaps my cable is to too long

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    So I like the new cable routing (over the 1st gen Jet9 RDO)... But the plastic cable things that insert into the head badge and down tube seem to slip out. Perhaps my cable is to too long
    I made my gear cable quite a bit longer than yours & it has been fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Cytoe, Looks like you are on a size small frame yet with a healthy amount of post showing. Just curious as to your what your saddle height is and how tall you are. I am going to upgrade to the RDO from my alloy Rip 9 and cannot decide on the size. My alloy frame is a medium but I think I might be able to size down for a more nibble feel. I am 5' 9.5". So it puts me right on the edge for fitting on small.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I would put you on a Med.

Not sure if the Med has bottle cage bolts on top of the down tube, But it sounds like the Small doesn't.

That maybe something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by tmault View Post
    Cytoe, Looks like you are on a size small frame yet with a healthy amount of post showing. Just curious as to your what your saddle height is and how tall you are. I am going to upgrade to the RDO from my alloy Rip 9 and cannot decide on the size. My alloy frame is a medium but I think I might be able to size down for a more nibble feel. I am 5' 9.5". So it puts me right on the edge for fitting on small.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I would put you on a Med.

Not sure if the Med has bottle cage bolts on top of the down tube, But it sounds like the Small doesn't.

That maybe something to look into.
    The medium does have two bottle mounts per Niner. Having a bottle on top of the down tube is important enough to me that I am leaning towards a medium specifically for that reason.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tmault View Post
    I'm 5'7", 30" inseam. I measured 25.5" from bb to the saddle. The seat post is a Lev 125...I lucked out because with it inserted as far as it can go, it is the perfect height. The small only has one mount on the bottom, which I don't mind.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    I'm 5'7", 30" inseam. I measured 25.5" from bb to the saddle. The seat post is a Lev 125...I lucked out because with it inserted as far as it can go, it is the perfect height. The small only has one mount on the bottom, which I don't mind.
    Thanks for the info. It was very helpful. My seat height is 28" to the top of the saddle. Combined with my height and the desire for a second bottle cage a medium is the way to to. Decision made.