Thread: Mcr 9

mtbr member

Mcr 9

so where/who is the MCR 9 frame made? The frame looks great, but I'm just trying to justify the price increase over something like a Salsa El Mariachi... if both are made in Taiwan, I just don't see the increase...
    Like is too short to grow up, go ride a bicycle!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Frame material, 853 is a superior tube set compared to the Kung fu tubing on the El, I have them both, needless to say the El frame set is hanging in my shop from the ceiling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trevrev97 View Post
    Frame material, 853 is a superior tube set compared to the Kung fu tubing on the El, I have them both, needless to say the El frame set is hanging in my shop from the ceiling.
    PM me if you want to sell it... I sold my mcr a while back to try something new....

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've ridden both and I think the MCR is noticeably smoother given the higher-end tubing. I'm fairly certain it is lighter, too

That said, my MCR is getting traded out for a Jet momentarily - so if you need a large for less than a new ElMar lemme know..ad will be up here shortly..

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ftw View Post
    I've ridden both and I think the MCR is noticeably smoother given the higher-end tubing. I'm fairly certain it is lighter, too

That said, my MCR is getting traded out for a Jet momentarily - so if you need a large for less than a new ElMar lemme know..ad will be up here shortly..
    I may be interested
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)