mtbr member

marzocchi 44 Micro Ti QR15 29" / 2010

whats up, i was looking at my marzocchi fork that came with my wfo party pack and noticed it doesnt look as long legged as the fox 120mm that come on the rips even though the mar has 20mm more, so i measured the stactions and i can see that it is not 5.5 inches, its less? now i went to the marzocchi site and see that it mentions something about spacers 1 is installed and 1 in the box, i never got a spacer in the box! i guess 1 is installed anyone get the one in the box? do i have to take the spacer out of the fork to get full travel? i included my pics and marzocchi website to show the difference....

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...Oggetto=56794#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45746521@N04/?saved=1

mtbr member
    How much stanchion is exposed?

Flaccid Member
    It looks like they set it at 120mm for packaging purposes, to shorten it to fit in the box, or that 120mm is the most common set up? Have you read the instructions and aired it up yet to proper pressure for your weight?

29ers Only.

Set for 140mm

Hey david8613,

These forks are set from Marzocchi at 140mm travel. We had them made specifically for the WFO frame. There should be no spacers in the box and no adjustment necessary. I would recommend giving Marzocchi a call. They should be able to help you diagnose the issue. You should be getting 140mm travel straight out of the box.

Brian

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    i havent aired it up or anything, thats all it is probably. im still waiting on wheels and some other stuff. once i get the hoops on ill check it better....thanks brian and guys for your input...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

marazocci

my was with inside spacers also you need to open and put it out also to take some oil out it not the same in120 and 140 you can also replace the titan coil indide to shorter one becuse the one inside make the fork very stiff (not recomend by marzz)but work exlent

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    whats up, i was looking at my marzocchi fork that came with my wfo party pack and noticed it doesnt look as long legged as the fox 120mm that come on the rips even though the mar has 20mm more, so i measured the stactions and i can see that it is not 5.5 inches, its less? now i went to the marzocchi site and see that it mentions something about spacers 1 is installed and 1 in the box, i never got a spacer in the box! i guess 1 is installed anyone get the one in the box? do i have to take the spacer out of the fork to get full travel? i included my pics and marzocchi website to show the difference....

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...Oggetto=56794#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45746521@N04/?saved=1
    Such a very amazing link!
    Thank you for the post.

mtbr member
    thanks ill be posting some pics up soon, as my last bits are coming in finally, i would have gotten this build done sooner, but you know how it is, you research learn, upgrade, change parts, research some more change parts again.