Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Enjoy the ride
    Bike is the new black ...errr wait...is that the other way around?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-img_1210-2.jpg  

~live vicariously through yourself~

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Basso Road Bike

This is the bike I ride to put down some miles.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-basso.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Now Carla, I thought you had a SIR9. Sweet color too. My EMD is rootbeer and my SIR is godzilla green. I would post them, but I don't work for Niner....YET

[QUOTE=Niner Bikes;8313060]Another shot of my RIP 9, and a shot of my SIR 9. I run the SIR as a 1x9 in the spring and as a single most of the summer and fall.

Cheers,
    Carla

The upgraded S.I.R. 9 with carbon forkQUOTE]
    "...quit hitting me with your hammer"
    www.msmtb.org
    Niner EMD 1x9 ~ Niner SIR9 SS

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Interesting there are no W.F.O. 9' posted yet.
    I^2xR

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by bikin View Post
    Steve had a Very nice WFO,

The thing is the Rip9 with a 140mm fork on it will cover more than what most people do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Steve had a Very nice WFO,

The thing is the Rip9 with a 140mm fork on it will cover more than what most people do.
    And with a 2.25 inch stroke rear shock you can make a RIP roughly 135mm travel to match a 140mm fork.
    05 Spesh Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Would the 2.25 stroke of the suspension hit the link / seat tube when it cycles through? Would it change the characteristics of the suspension any?

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    It would be funny if an employee posted a picture of a Sultan

I went on a Felt demo one time and one of the demo guys was riding another brand. Now, that is commitment

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nocular View Post
    Would the 2.25 stroke of the suspension hit the link / seat tube when it cycles through? Would it change the characteristics of the suspension any?
    According to some dude with a Monarch, nope. When I get back from being overseas Im going to buy a RIP frame and replace the stock shock with a new Float in a 2.25 stroke if they haven't started shipping with the 2012 Float shocks. Im hoping a 2.4 tire wont hit anything at full compression.
    05 Spesh Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FalloutMan View Post
    And with a 2.25 inch stroke rear shock you can make a RIP roughly 135mm travel to match a 140mm fork.
    Huh?
    I^2xR

pedal me happy
    Oct 2009
    Just noticed this thread and love all the bikes but Bretts carbon air looks like a 29er version of a
    F117 stealth fighter to me. That is the coolest bike i've seen yet.

29ers Only.
    I am working on getting some pictures of our WFO9 frames for you guys. We always forget to take pictures because we are having so much fun riding them! Also, we do not recommend using a longer stroke shock than what they are designed for. If you are looking for a bigger travel bike than the Rip9 then the WFO9 is the perfect bike for you.

Eric

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

Moderator Moderator
    This was my WFO9 I rode for almost 2 years here in Colorado. 29 pound 135mm trail bike setup. 150mm rear end, 1x9, Flow wheels and 2.55 Weirwolf tires. The bike was amazing! The frame is now somewhere in Texas rocking that state now.

I am wanting to build up another with a FOX 34. I'll post pics once it happens.

Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-wfo9-b1.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-wfo9-b2.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-wfo9-b3.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-wfo9-b4.jpg  

Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eatsleepbikes View Post
    Bretts carbon air looks like a 29er version of a
    F117 stealth fighter to me. That is the coolest bike i've seen yet.
    Thanks, I've had a lot of fun on this bike. It'm my go-to ride 75% of the time...lots of miles...and lots of different setups with this bike. It's been 100% singlespeed too. I have had four different forks on it (rigid carbon tapered, FOX F120, Rock Shox XX with lockout) and now the 15mm tapered rigid carbon.

Here are some various pics in different setups, lots of different tires have been on this bike as well. The bike railed in the snow with the Nokian studded tires! Can't wait until I get the new Schwalbe studded 2.25's which are on the way.

Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-1-a9c-rrons.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-1-a9c-fox120.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-1-a9c-nbb.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-1-a9c-nokians.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-img_0165.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-img_0178.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-img_0181.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-img_0011.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow View Post
    Cool idea...Here are mine.

Brett
    Brett - so, tell us about the Rotor cranks. Is that a Q Ring on there? Forgive my ignorance, but how does that work out on the SS? Are the Rotors worth the cash?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

1998 Schwinn Coaster Brake Bike

This is the bike I use for a local coaster brake challenge race with a some old school MTB parts. One of three 26" wheel bikes I only ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-coaster-brake-001.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-coaster-brake-002.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-coaster-brake-004.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-coaster2web_1243953797.jpg  

Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-coaster6flyer_1306981863.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FalloutMan View Post
    According to some dude with a Monarch, nope. When I get back from being overseas Im going to buy a RIP frame and replace the stock shock with a new Float in a 2.25 stroke if they haven't started shipping with the 2012 Float shocks. Im hoping a 2.4 tire wont hit anything at full compression.
    Fixed up a 2012 RP23 with 2.25 stroke on the RIP....

All seems good now, still fiddling with the feel but it looks good now. Will need to report in at a later date but with a 2.1 Maxxis rear tyre, doesnt seem to hit the seat tube when full compressed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    lots of black, silver & white. not very colorful team ...

where are the greens, blues and reds?

29ers Only.
    There are a few colorful bikes that aren't represented, but you are right, we do have a ton of neutrals. Some these bikes are older prototypes, so they aren't painted. The other reason, perhaps, is that we do a lot of equipment testing - forks, cranks, rear shocks and wheels change frequently on our bikes - the neutrals tend to look better with this random spec than the bright bikes.

Personally, I would love to have one of the IMBA bikes we did this year - that is probably my favorite paint job, ever. Unfortunately for me there were only 9, and they all went to IMBA. Better for IMBA, though :-)

FWIW, here is Jordan's singlespeed - built for rallying. I believe the internal name for this build style is the "country gentleman". heh. There is a great looking fridge green W.F.O. 9 that I need pics of, too.

Cheers,
    Carla
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see some of bikes that the staff members at Niner Bikes ride...-air9reverb.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hey Carla, sort of a highjack here, but, how do Niners fit women? My wife is 5'7", but has long legs (32 inseam), and usually rides my bikes (I'm 5'10ish w same inseam). Tough to find a place to demo 9ers around here... Educated guess for me?

Thanks!!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Huh?
    I just checked this with a WFO Monarch on my Large RIP and the swingarm contacts the seat tube at bottom out. YRMV but that's an easy Warranty Denial when you break your frame. Just sayin, be careful. It's not a good idea.

JMH

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by architectx View Post
    Brett - so, tell us about the Rotor cranks. Is that a Q Ring on there? Forgive my ignorance, but how does that work out on the SS? Are the Rotors worth the cash?
    LOVE the Rotor cranks/ring. It is a 34T ss ring. The ring seems to help turning over the cranks just a tad bit easier in those super steep leg burners to maintain momentum. The steel BB spins so smooth it's almost like getting ceramic but at 1/3 the price. I have been very happy with this setup on my A9C.

Cheers,

Brett

29ers Only.
    Quote Originally Posted by five5 View Post
    Hey Carla, sort of a highjack here, but, how do Niners fit women? My wife is 5'7", but has long legs (32 inseam), and usually rides my bikes (I'm 5'10ish w same inseam). Tough to find a place to demo 9ers around here... Educated guess for me?

Thanks!!
    Kind of tough to pick a size without more details - call our customer service line and they can have a good conversation with you or your wife about her set-up specifics and ride style. 1877NINERXC.

I am 5'6" with a short inseam and I ride a small. You can see how my bikes look in the posts above. She may be in-between. If it were my bike, I would go with a small, but people have different riding styles, so I can't be 100%.

Cheers,
    Carla

mtbr member
    Hello
    I am interested how much stroke one would get when putting a next size up rear shock on a wfo9. 155-160mm? Maybe a Dorado on the front?

Second question- why don't you prototype a longer travel frame like 180mm with the Dorado 180mm 29er fork? Cost of the fork?

29ers Only.
    There have been a few questions of this type on the forums lately, and
    I would like to kill any potential bad ideas before they come to
    fruition. The R.I.P. 9 frame was designed and tested around a 7.875 x
    2" shock. The W.F.O. 9 was designed and tested around a 7.875 x 2.25"
    shock. We do not recommend using anything other than the shock size
    the frames were designed for. We have tested alternate lengths -
    several cause clearance issues and potentially severe damage to the
    frames. Running anything besides the specified shock size will void
    your warranty.

As to your other question - we are always working on new projects, but
    we have a strict Fight Club policy around those. We listen to Niner