Closekids.com

Keeping her clean (cleaning thread)

Noticed some guys can really keep their rig show room clean. Any tips now that I have joined the Niner Revolution? Pretty dusty here in general, but can get muddy post rain which I will probably get tomorrow. Didn't see a thread elsewhere on this.

29er addict
    I use an airhose for when it is dusty. As for when it is muddy, I wait to let the mud dry and use my hand to wipe off. To finish it off and make it look purdy, I use Toad to Prince!!

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    You mean your wife doesn't clean your bike right after she gets you a beer?

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Low pressure hose followed by Pedro's BIKE LUST. Showroom clean in minutes. Love it.

Not that my bike is often clean.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    I use car wash concentrate in a bucket of water. Just wondering, generally speaking, if this is bad for brake pads (contamination - leading to noisey brakes)?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

MTB B'dos
    I prefer to use abucket with some suds and use a sponge, bottle brush, pot brush and toothbrush to get into all the little nooks and crannies. Then I bounce off most of the water, crank the pedals to help spin the water off the gears and then a chamois to finish. Wipe down the chain and lube.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

TR
    Angry bunny
    For just dust I will often use Armorall protectant.
    Spray it on and wipe it off.

banned
    Sep 2007
    hose it down with low pressure water, hot soapy water and a wash cloth, followed by lifting and bouncing /dropping the bike to drip dry it. Hop on the bike, ride it around a bit dragging the brakes to dry out the pads and drive train. Then flip the bike upside down, and apply some pedro's Dry ice to the drive train. Wipe off the excess, and the bike is ready to ride at a moments notice the next time someone calls and says "let's ride'.

Members who have read this thread: 0