Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Jet9 RDO woe

mtbr member

Finally Working Properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeast View Post
    I know I don't have the braided lines and it is just the generic shift housing I bought 10' at the lbs. I do have the special ferrules and have tried to set up everything according to the niner tech video and all of the great tips on here about the 110-120 length. Will try and see if hanger is straight and everything else as it seems to be unrelated to the cables but rather with the shifting itself.
    I can tell you that before I knew of the specific section and length for the linkage I eyeballed it a few times. Too short, too long, nothing worked. When I came across their install video I followed it precisely at 110mm. I also used a short aluminum ferrule from Jagwire instead of the longer plastic ones that often come with bulk cabling. I also used a Jagwire housing because it was softer and more flexible than the bulk Shimano housing I typically use. Once I did that all was well and has worked flawlessly for about 500 miles now, knock on wood. So in summary, short aluminum ferrule and exactly 110mm of a soft flexible cable housing and it was good to go! Here is a pic of my steed too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet9 RDO woe-20130414_123140.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Goodoljake, I used an aluminum ferrule down at the bottom bracket and it sliced my cable housing open. Something to keep an eye on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by threefive View Post
    Goodoljake, I used an aluminum ferrule down at the bottom bracket and it sliced my cable housing open. Something to keep an eye on.
    very good, thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I just picked up a '13 Jet 9 Carbon and had ghost-shifting problems when my rear suspension was going through its' travel on medium and large bumps. I followed the directions for the bottom bracket to chainstay housing, even measuring the 110mm length with digital calipers.

The ghost-shifting disappeared when I lengthened it to 120mm. I noticed with the 110mm housing, that the cable stop entering the chainstay would slide out of the opening when manually moving the rear triangle through the entire range of the travel. FWIW, it's an XS sized frame.

Bottom line, cutting the housing a bit longer than the recommended 110mm eliminated any ghost-shifting, or any other shifting problem for that matter

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Or, you could find yourself a copy of the current directions and run full length housing and not worry about it
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The full length housing has been great so far. I let a lot of people test my XX1 set up and they are all amazed at how light and fast the shifting is. You have to get you thumb off the shifter or you dump to many gears.

I got nothin'
    I just installed the latest shift kit from Niner. Works perfectly with the full length housing routed through the frame.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5