mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Jet9 RDO Crack different spot

Hi all, I was getting my RDO ready for riding this weekend and noticed a crack, but in a different spot than what was previously posted. My is just above the top rocker on the drive side. How do you tell if it is a frame crack or a paint crack. I rode it at Shindagin last weekend and didn't have a chance to do a post ride insp. it's a V1 RDO I purchased last Oct. and have rode very little. This year. Maybe 4 or so rides. I will post a pic if I can but has anyone else had a crack there? It is very noticeable as it is on the black part of the paint.

R/ millman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet9 RDO Crack different spot-image.jpg  

"Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

mtbr member
    From the photo that really just looks like a scratch.

A way to check is first press your thumb against it as hard as you can a few times. If it is carbon it _may_ loosen up and you'll feel it move. The other way is to find something you can use to tap on and around the area. If the sound changes while tapping across the suspect area that is a possible sign of a problem with the carbon.

Definitely take it to a Niner shop, they will inspect and talk with Niner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Talked to the shop and they are processing the warranty claim. They said the frame should be sent in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted.

Millman.
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

I'm gonna have to kill ya
    I had my A9C changed for a smaller crack than that with no issue.

It maybe a small crack in the paint but who knows what has happened underneath

Niner will see you right

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Did they ask for your old frame back? I would think so for possible fault analysis. in regards to a scratch, I have other scratches on the bike but none that look like the one on the seat tube. So I will see if and when I get the replacement frame.

Millman