mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Jet Rear Shock Pressure

Could some Jet owners kindly post up what they are running and what they weigh.
    I am 200 lbs and i don't want to over do it , i have 150 psi in it now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I weigh 215 and run 170 psi. That puts the sag at about 25% which is pretty stiff, but that's how I like it. I find if the rear is too soft the bike squats in the corners which changes the handling for the worse. I think the biggest thing with suspension is balance front to back, and to find the right combo for you really involves some trial and error. Find a short loop or section of trail that has a pretty good mix of terrain and do it over and over with different settings. Start too loose, go to too tight, and then work on finding the sweet spot in between. Be sure to write down those base settings you find so you can go back to them in the future.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Im 173lb & run between 115 & 125 lb's depending on were I ride.

Note I am a very smooth rider,Love speed & never been that keen on getting air.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm 170lb and I run 130. I have been riding it wide open. I have to say that when the shock is open it feels like my Rip when it is on pro-pedal. When pro-pedal is on it rides like a fast hard tail IMO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike29er
    I'm 170lb and I run 130. I have been riding it wide open. I have to say that when the shock is open it feels like my Rip when it is on pro-pedal. When pro-pedal is on it rides like a fast hard tail IMO.
    same experience as bike29er.... running 125-127 and I am 163 without gear.. a few pounds makes a big difference... .. I am not sure why anyone would want more travel for a trail bike/cross countrish weapon... with PP open it can really rip some hard terrain... closed it climbs awesome!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Dscarbs
    same experience as bike29er.... running 125-127 and I am 163 without gear.. a few pounds makes a big difference... .. I am not sure why anyone would want more travel for a trail bike/cross countrish weapon... with PP open it can really rip some hard terrain... closed it climbs awesome!
    I own the 09 Rip9 aswell as the jet9 & I would have to say that you are close to bing right, There would be alot less than 20% of people that could out ride the Jet9 & need to go to the Rip9.

I love my Rip9 & ride it realy hard but the amount of places that the Rip9 will find time on the new jet9 would be alot smaller than most people would think.

In saying that i'm not saying that the Jet9 will eat the Rip9 but more pointing out that unless you are the type of rider that people think is a bit nuts on the bike you are unlikely to out ride the Jet9.

If you are sitting on the fence between the Rip9 & Jet9 you realy cant go wrong either way they over lap so much.

The Jet9 with a travel adjust fork would be a awesome beast.

mtbr member
    I am running a reba u turn which can get between 80 and 100 mm travel which is sweet, but if it went up to 120 then it would really cover all the bases! Love the Jet! I do wish it weighed a hair less is my only complaint.... my Jet is between 27 and 28 pounds, I guess still respectable with an xt build....

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Dscarbs
    I am running a reba u turn which can get between 80 and 100 mm travel which is sweet, but if it went up to 120 then it would really cover all the bases! Love the Jet! I do wish it weighed a hair less is my only complaint.... my Jet is between 27 and 28 pounds, I guess still respectable with an xt build....
    I have a 120mm fork on mine while waiting for the 100mm XX fork to turn up But it does still feel great.

Even 90/120 would be a nice U-turn for for the Jet