Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jet 9 RDO XX1 Build...this one goes to eleven

18K views 108 replies 32 participants last post by  muzzanic 
#1 ·
First ride complete, I absolutely love this bike. This is also my first ground up build and I happen to be rather proud of it. It also gave me an excuse to buy some great tools (star nut setter, crown race setter, headset press...)

On the first go, my bb to chainstay housing was too short. I was banging my head against the wall, then I came here and read about 120mm housing. Re-cable the aft section, shifts perfectly.

Lastly, XX1 is just the trickest kit out there. Always having any gear on demand is going to make me lazy (or give me freedom to concentrate on other things.) If you have the means, I highly suggest picking it up.

Enough commentary. Build specs:

White Jet 9 RDO v1.1
SID XX fork
Cane Creek/Niner headset (had a red chris king ready, wont fit, oh well.)
Enve bars
Niner Rdo seatpost and 90mm stem
XTR brakes and 160 rotors
XX1 crank, rear d, chain, cassette
Stan's Crest rims built on DT 240s
Kenda Small block 8 tires running tubeless
Specialized Toupe saddle

Need to trim brake cables, and slam the stem. Still getting all adjusted.

See less See more
#106 ·
Anyone have problems with the XX1 chains? I'm a Clydesdale on a JET 9 Carbon and considering the XX1 but have seen some discouraging reports about breaking chains and wanted to ask this group.

On my SRAM 2x10 I'm a fan of the KMC chains and I hope they (and others) eventually get offer XX1 compatible chains.

Bryce

#108 ·
big boy

Anyone have problems with the XX1 chains? I'm a Clydesdale on a JET 9 Carbon and considering the XX1 but have seen some discouraging reports about breaking chains and wanted to ask this group.

On my SRAM 2x10 I'm a fan of the KMC chains and I hope they (and others) eventually get offer XX1 compatible chains.

Bryce
no issues here with several hundred miles, including steep fire roads. I've never had a problem with the 1091r chain either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.