mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Jet 9 RDO with X Fusion Trace

Does anyone have any experience with the X Fusion Trace RL2? My current set up is a Jet 9 with Fox RLC 32. The bike is great in the flowy single track stuff but gets a little twitchy on the really steep stuff. Hoping the Trace will calm it down a little bit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have one on my Rip9 RDO, the unicrown version, and it is a much better fork than the Fox 34 it replaced. Very smooth and supple. Stiff as a mofo where you want it to be as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks Colin. I have a trace on the way and should be up and running soon. I'm hoping its the uni crown version. There forks are really hard to get. I'll keep you posted after a few rides.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Here it is. I waited pretty long for it. Hope I like it. This fork looks amazing and the build quality looks top notch. I was hoping for the unicrown but its hard to find let alone the wait time. I'm hoping to get a ride on it tonight. No low speed though?

Sorry I have hard time uploading pics so here's the link:
    trace | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Quote Originally Posted by mmanuel09 View Post
    Here it is. I waited pretty long for it. Hope I like it. This fork looks amazing and the build quality looks top notch. I was hoping for the unicrown but its hard to find let alone the wait time. I'm hoping to get a ride on it tonight. No low speed though?

Sorry I have hard time uploading pics so here's the link:
    trace | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    How is the Trace? How did the longer offset (vs Fox) affect the handling of your Jet9?
    M

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I am loving the trace right now. It's a great fork. I'm getting full travel and the overall performance is just better than the fox I had. I had problems with the fox and the bike when I pointed it down steep loose fireroads. The bike got really twitchy. The trace smoothed it out o a ton. Super happy with my move. I am bummed right now cause I had to break the bike down and send the fame in for a possible warranty. I discovered 2 small hairline cracks on the seat tube above the bottom bracket. I'm hoping to get up and running soon.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Thanks for the info - I'm mounting a 100mm Trace to my new Highball and wondering if I should use an angle adjustable headset to compensate for the different offset than frame was designed for. Seems from your experience the answer is 'no'. I'm also happy to improve the structural stiffness, especially under braking, compared to my last Fox.
    Last edited by Motivated; 12-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    M